Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 2 Thread

Gday Fellas I thought Id post a updated 1st grade table since its getting near squeaky bum time for a few teams. Feedback would be appreciated as IM not sure If Ive got all the catchup games added to it,

NOTE This table includes last nights result between rayt and medowie which I heard was 5.1 to medowie ( B Nice if someone could confirm this). I also did not do every team as I only did the teams that I thought were in finals contention

POS TEAM................P......W......L......D.......F ......A.......GD......PTS
    1 Westlakes.............13......8.......2......3.... ..41......17......24......27
    2 Belmont................13......8.......3......2... ...34......22......12......26
    3 Raymond T............13......8.......4......1......58..... .37......21......25
    4 Charlestown..........12......7.......4......1..... .34......25......9.......22
    5 Hamilton...............15......7.......7......1... ...37......36......1.......22
    6 Jesmond...............14......5.......3......6.... ..28......25......3.......21
    8 Muswellbrook.........13......5.......7......2..... .40......45.....-1.......16
    Last edited by roundballsarebetter; 01-08-2012 at 10:25 AM.

yes its right 5 - 1 medowie resies 3 - 0 terrace

yeh ressies prob not the best technically. but very entertaining could of went either way.
    firsts was a game of miss oppurtunities both sides had oppurtunities just couldnt hit the target both keepers had good games

Quote Originally Posted by le_cocks View Post
    yeh ressies prob not the best technically. but very entertaining could of went either way.
    firsts was a game of miss oppurtunities both sides had oppurtunities just couldnt hit the target both keepers had good games
    Which game is this?

I have a feeling he is talking about ressies in kurri v bellbird

Mussy vs. Kurri (catch-up)

Ressies:
    Kurri 0
    Muswellbrook 4

Missed the first two goals but apparently one was a penalty and the other a screamer from about 25 yards out. Muswellbrook pretty well controlled the match, didn't really look overly tested were 3-0 up after about 20 minutes. Second half was a little bit fiery, a couple of players from both sides getting involved in some push and shove, all equated to nothing but. Mussy went home 4-0 winners, comfortable victory.

Firsts:
    Kurri 0
    Muswellbrook 7

Game started pretty even, both teams had a couple of chances. Didn't take Muswellbrook too long to score but, and once they did the goals started to flow. Kurri still had moments on the counter and had a couple of chances. Big guy up front was really strong on the ball and good at holding up and bringing the other striker and wide men into play. If not for a couple of good saves and some decent last ditch defending Kurri may have nicked a goal in the first half. Half time score was 4-0 to Muswellbrook. Second half Muswellbrook controlled from the outset and pretty well camped in Kurri's half. There were a couple of young guys playing in the backline that had a pretty tough game against a Muswellbrook not missing any players. Mussy had a fair few chances and scored 3 but if not for Kurri's keeper it really could have been double figures, the 7-0 scoreline is by no means a reflection of his performance, he was immense. Last night was the first time I have seen him wear gloves as well!

One comment/question I have is that Muswellbrook vs. Kurri games have traditionally been extremely hard fought, tight games, with only ever a goal or two in it and are generally pretty fiery affairs as well. It has always been the first fixture that the Muswellbrook boys look for on the draw at the beginning of the year. Last night but, the majority of the Kurri boys that have in the past added to making this fixture as fiery and enjoyable as they have been in the past were either playing ressies or watching the game from in front of the canteen. Maybe le_cocks can shed some light on this, do not many of the players from previous season (specifically from the GF two years ago) play anymore?

Bellbird Vs Charlestown @ Bellbird

Reserves

0 - 3 - Played on Thursday 2nd.

Firsts

0 - 0 - Played on Tuesday 31st.

From what I've heard it was a pretty rough game, with one of the Charlie players deliberately elbowed in the face (has a broken nose) and charlie only received a free kick.
    Charlie also scored a goal which was pretty clear cut to only be flagged offside by the bellbird "linesman". There were no official refs.

Good luck to any team playing away their for the remainder of the season. They've got nothing to gain from this season anymore. Watch your shins

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    I have a feeling he is talking about ressies in kurri v bellbird
    yeh sorry i was talking about ressies

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    Mussy vs. Kurri (catch-up)

Ressies:
    Kurri 0
    Muswellbrook 4

Missed the first two goals but apparently one was a penalty and the other a screamer from about 25 yards out. Muswellbrook pretty well controlled the match, didn't really look overly tested were 3-0 up after about 20 minutes. Second half was a little bit fiery, a couple of players from both sides getting involved in some push and shove, all equated to nothing but. Mussy went home 4-0 winners, comfortable victory.

Firsts:
    Kurri 0
    Muswellbrook 7

Game started pretty even, both teams had a couple of chances. Didn't take Muswellbrook too long to score but, and once they did the goals started to flow. Kurri still had moments on the counter and had a couple of chances. Big guy up front was really strong on the ball and good at holding up and bringing the other striker and wide men into play. If not for a couple of good saves and some decent last ditch defending Kurri may have nicked a goal in the first half. Half time score was 4-0 to Muswellbrook. Second half Muswellbrook controlled from the outset and pretty well camped in Kurri's half. There were a couple of young guys playing in the backline that had a pretty tough game against a Muswellbrook not missing any players. Mussy had a fair few chances and scored 3 but if not for Kurri's keeper it really could have been double figures, the 7-0 scoreline is by no means a reflection of his performance, he was immense. Last night was the first time I have seen him wear gloves as well!

One comment/question I have is that Muswellbrook vs. Kurri games have traditionally been extremely hard fought, tight games, with only ever a goal or two in it and are generally pretty fiery affairs as well. It has always been the first fixture that the Muswellbrook boys look for on the draw at the beginning of the year. Last night but, the majority of the Kurri boys that have in the past added to making this fixture as fiery and enjoyable as they have been in the past were either playing ressies or watching the game from in front of the canteen. Maybe le_cocks can shed some light on this, do not many of the players from previous season (specifically from the GF two years ago) play anymore?
    Yeh TXK it is always the first game we look at it. I have been part of kurri for the past 8 years and we have played them pretty much every year except for a few early were u guys were really struggling 4 numbers. As far as numbers from GF two years ago, we have lost about 4 from that team and a few more from last season. main reasons we are losing so many players is 2 the mines. Last nite was when i had most of them playing, i ususally lose 7 first graders every 2nd week those 7 are probably most best players aswell (including keeper and big guy up front) not whinging i am sure it happens 2 most team u have 2 deal with it thats why we have been blooding young fellas. Those 3 young kids are all only just 16 did pretty good against those FREAK strikers (in a good way). If u guys had that team playing most weeks u would be sitting top, easily the best side we have played all season no weakness anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Bellbird Vs Charlestown @ Bellbird

Reserves

0 - 3 - Played on Thursday 2nd.

Firsts

0 - 0 - Played on Tuesday 31st.

From what I've heard it was a pretty rough game, with one of the Charlie players deliberately elbowed in the face (has a broken nose) and charlie only received a free kick.
    Charlie also scored a goal which was pretty clear cut to only be flagged offside by the bellbird "linesman". There were no official refs.

Good luck to any team playing away their for the remainder of the season. They've got nothing to gain from this season anymore. Watch your shins
    Shayne, from memory I am sure I have had the same issues with your posts previously. Very one sided and as it appears some sort of axe to grind against Bellbird. Therefore, I will post a reply which will offer two sides of the story.

It was a rough game, one in which I actually took part in as opposed to receiving information second hand. The game had no malice whatsoever with both teams giving as good as they got and shaking hands after the game with no dramas to speak of. Given that you 'heard' what happened it is ridiculous you can accuse our player of deliberately elbowing your player. There was no such elbow. The incident you are referring too happened when our player turned in to yours with no elbows raised - the point of contact was with our players shoulder if your player broke his nose, that is unfortunate and we wish him a speedy recovery (given he finished the match I feel he will probably finish the season unhindered). The free kick received by Charlestown was for a trip - nothing to do with any such elbow.

In relation to the 'goal' Charlestown scored, the offside flag was up well before the ball hit the net. It barely sailed over our goalkeepers head and he had stopped his attempt as the flag was raised well in advance of the goal being scored. It is also funny you failed to mention the goal Bellbird also had disallowed for offside as well - flagged by a Bellbird "linesman".

Saying we have nothing to gain is also a ridiculous statement. We are playing for pride and also to maintain our position in ID2 in 2013.

Anyways, I am sure you will disagree with my comments, but that is expected. No top four team likes dropping points against the team running last. Good luck in the semis, you guys have had a great season.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by bombers_away View Post
    Shayne, from memory I am sure I have had the same issues with your posts previously. Very one sided and as it appears some sort of axe to grind against Bellbird. Therefore, I will post a reply which will offer two sides of the story.

It was a rough game, one in which I actually took part in as opposed to receiving information second hand. The game had no malice whatsoever with both teams giving as good as they got and shaking hands after the game with no dramas to speak of. Given that you 'heard' what happened it is ridiculous you can accuse our player of deliberately elbowing your player. There was no such elbow. The incident you are referring too happened when our player turned in to yours with no elbows raised - the point of contact was with our players shoulder if your player broke his nose, that is unfortunate and we wish him a speedy recovery (given he finished the match I feel he will probably finish the season unhindered). The free kick received by Charlestown was for a trip - nothing to do with any such elbow.

In relation to the 'goal' Charlestown scored, the offside flag was up well before the ball hit the net. It barely sailed over our goalkeepers head and he had stopped his attempt as the flag was raised well in advance of the goal being scored. It is also funny you failed to mention the goal Bellbird also had disallowed for offside as well - flagged by a Bellbird "linesman".

Saying we have nothing to gain is also a ridiculous statement. We are playing for pride and also to maintain our position in ID2 in 2013.

Anyways, I am sure you will disagree with my comments, but that is expected. No top four team likes dropping points against the team running last. Good luck in the semis, you guys have had a great season.

Cheers!
    Hey Bombers,

As you've stated this was information I was given and thought I'd post what I had received. (As apposed to posting nothing and the thread staying lifeless). That is what a forum is for. Going from previous matches against Bellbird, I know the games are always tough and not exactly the best for a travelling team, with the Bellbird home crowd getting behind their home team. There is no "axe to grind" against bellbird, just seems the be the most physical match away all year and we never seem to receive official refs.(Not sure why, maybe you can explain this? Perhaps this occasion is slightly different having the two teams play on different nights.)

Anyway as I in no way degraded Bellbird as a club, I simply stated the facts I was given, its always good to get the other side of the story, once again that is the whole point in having a forum. People can only provide "their" side of a story for the most part, as much as we'd all like to disagree we all are slightly biased towards the team we play for or are associated with in some way.

Good luck with the rest of your season and perhaps we'll see you next year.

It was an elbow to the nose and the reffing was terrible the flag was going up before the player even made his run every time 1 eyed reffing. There should have been yellows for both teams the ref even got in 1 of our players faces. As for the result Charlestown didn't take there chances

A few dropped points by teams in the top 4 mid week, gonna be a great finish to the season with 7 teams trying to fit into 4 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Hey Bombers,
    just seems the be the most physical match away all year and we never seem to receive official refs.(Not sure why, maybe you can explain this? Perhaps this occasion is slightly different having the two teams play on different nights.)
    I dont know the exact reason why but it seems like the few teams outside of the main newcastle area get alot fewer referees. We normally have referees for about 3 quarter of our games and have to have a club ref for the others.

I must say not having seen this game it seems like it was close to fair reffing as both teams had a dissallowed goal. Its alot harder to be a club ref than you expect. my first time was against u guys in first grade and you find out quickly u cant please everyone u just have to call it how u see it and hope the players realise you are going to miss some blatant fouls and call some soft ones.

I doubt the elbow was intentional anyways. ive had a bleeding nose in one of our games for a stray elbow this year and didnt receive a foul with an official ref. its just the nature of the game.

I dont know the exact reason why but it seems like the few teams outside of the main newcastle area get alot fewer referees. We normally have referees for about 3 quarter of our games and have to have a club ref for the others.

I must say not having seen this game it seems like it was close to fair reffing as both teams had a dissallowed goal. Its alot harder to be a club ref than you expect. my first time was against u guys in first grade and you find out quickly u cant please everyone u just have to call it how u see it and hope the players realise you are going to miss some blatant fouls and call some soft ones.

I doubt the elbow was intentional anyways. ive had a bleeding nose in one of our games for a stray elbow this year and didnt receive a foul with an official ref. its just the nature of the game.
    Maybe it is because there are not enough referees and they are appointed first to higher division games-also the policy is not to appoint only one referee to games-safety in numbers.You can blame this on one of the higher division clubs who caused trouble a few years ago.With mid week games,there have been many lately and referees are not always available to come out twice a week for football-some of us have lives outside football.

Westlakes vs Hamilton
    Res 0 3. Westlakes played terriable. Enough said.
    1st 0 1. Another hack fest by Hamilton. Think they got 4 or 5 yellows and should of had reds but weren't given. Hopefully they start to play some football instead of trying to hack all day

Charlestown Vs Medowie @ Charlestown

Reserves

5 - 0

Firsts

2 - 1

Couldn't make it to either game, maybe someone who seen the games will write up something about them. Hate to upset anyone with misguided information

Westlakes vs Hamilton
    Res 0 3. Westlakes played terriable. Enough said.
    1st 0 1. Another hack fest by Hamilton. Think they got 4 or 5 yellows and should of had reds but weren't given. Hopefully they start to play some football instead of trying to hack all day
    I will agree to disagree the ref was with Westlakes in both games we did well to win both games

Raymond terrace v jesmond

Res...... 2.1 jes....... I didnt get to see much ??

1sts .... 4.2 jesmond, big win for jesmond..... Tale of the day was jesmond finished their chances and terrace did not....

Makes for an interesting final few rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    I will agree to disagree the ref was with Westlakes in both games we did well to win both games
    The ref we had was a state league ref and did a good job. A number of desicions that I didn't agree with as I'm.sure u.guys didn't agree with. The fact u guys had something like 11 yellows and 2 reds in the 2 games we played with different refs proves my arguement .