Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 2 Thread

ressies charlestown 0 1 musso
    1st charlestown 3 1 musso well done to musso ressies played in 1st grade after there game

Tenambit relegated after loosing tonight in ID1's. Looks like we're going to enjoy another long(ish) trip away next season...

belmont vs westlakes
    reserves 2-0
    again westlakes probs feel hard done by in ressies looking good for most of the time but terriable infront of goal.
    belmont keeper must be a tough guy and must hate playing westlakes ressies as in the first game he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ball and this time got knocked out diving at the feet of the westlakes striker after he spilled it the first time. no mallace in it what so ever just unlucky and westlakes player first to stop the game and help him out. i was told this is the second time this year he has been KO'd so he must be a tough guy. hope he is feeling better tomorrow.

firsts 1-2
    great win by the cats and we have finally cemented out spot in the finals (yew). was always going to be a tough game for us as we had that many out a few boys wanted to play for a draw however we decided to go for it and show some cat pride.
    first half was pretty even with both teams missing a few chances. westlakes got 3 yellows for some lazy tackles and went into the break 1 nil down.
    second half westlakes dominated (yes gj23 this is only my opinion) and completely tired the belmont midfeild. was great to see as only one starting mid has been playing in the mids and thats in ressies. belmont got a bit sloppy as well giving away two yellow cards for lazy tackles. judging by the squad numbers i think belmont were at full strength, belmont can correct me if this statement is wrong?
    both teams had a goal disallowed for offside. westlakes one was definately onside and the belmont one was most likely hard done by as well however its always hard to judge off a set freekick if they jump the gun early or not. the ref himself was quite fair and explained himself really well i thought which was refreshing to see at this level.
    all in all great day for the cats not having to fight it out for a finals spot in the last game
    Last edited by true waterboy; 22-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Tenambit relegated after loosing tonight in ID1's. Looks like we're going to enjoy another long(ish) trip away next season...
    Because its just around the corner from muswellbrook!!

did anyone see in the herald the other week valentine Phoenix announced their coaches in the football ads section?

it announced state league coaches, ID2's coach & wpl coach etc. any goss behind id2s? are they taking over Belmont tingara? are they being added in?
    OK

Belmont Tingira merged with Valentine in February this year

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
    Belmont Tingira merged with Valentine in February this year
    right

so will the name get changed next year, and will we see them wearing orange?
    OK

The teams playing from Baxter can keep Tingira in their playing name as long as they want, don't be surprised to see at least some orange in any new strip but at the end of the day that's up to the Tingira sub committee

Quote Originally Posted by a-gunners View Post
    ressies charlestown 0 1 musso
    1st charlestown 3 1 musso well done to musso ressies played in 1st grade after there game
    Thanks mate, just glad we could give you blokes a good game. I thought we were in there with a good chance in 1sts when it was 2-1. But credit to the Charlie guys, toiled hard and picked up the 3 points.

Im pretty sure that wraps up the minor prem for us (Muswellbrook) in ressies. I feel it's just reward for our ressies guys who play 2 games back to back most weeks. I think it's also the first time in our clubs long history that reserve grade have won the minor prem undefeated.

So what do the latest results mean for firsts? Which clubs are still in with a chance at the minor prem and who are the teams in the semis?

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Thanks mate, just glad we could give you blokes a good game. I thought we were in there with a good chance in 1sts when it was 2-1. But credit to the Charlie guys, toiled hard and picked up the 3 points.

Im pretty sure that wraps up the minor prem for us (Muswellbrook) in ressies. I feel it's just reward for our ressies guys who play 2 games back to back most weeks. I think it's also the first time in our clubs long history that reserve grade have won the minor prem undefeated.

So what do the latest results mean for firsts? Which clubs are still in with a chance at the minor prem and who are the teams in the semis?
    Good news for you guy's - well done! - hope you dont jinx yourself for the Kurri game this weekend for going undefeated. Shame you wont be there for first grade finals as well.
    Would be good if the ladder was upto date, as for first grade the game between Terrace & Belmont will sort out the minor prem.

now that westlakes has secured a spot it will be interesting to see the battle for the remaining spot between charlestown hamo and jeso
    would be interesting if charlestown miss it after the start they had

Shanye buy a car or catch a Taxi places are always much closer when you dont have to walk.

Seriously I think some of you blokes complain when you have to leave your own suburb.

westlakes game against bellbird has been moved to auston park morriset for those interested

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    westlakes game against bellbird has been moved to auston park morriset for those interested
    BLASPHEME!!!!!!
    Why are Westlakes playing on the hallowed turf of Mo-town??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    BLASPHEME!!!!!!
    Why are Westlakes playing on the hallowed turf of Mo-town??
    because the district thought it was a good idea to use the ground we had booked for months for junior finals and we were unable to organise a catch up day so hence game moved to another ground

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Good news for you guy's - well done! - hope you dont jinx yourself for the Kurri game this weekend for going undefeated. Shame you wont be there for first grade finals as well.
    Would be good if the ladder was upto date, as for first grade the game between Terrace & Belmont will sort out the minor prem.
    As far as im aware Kurri have officially forfeited this weekends match against us.

And Shayne, isnt Tenambit near Maitland? Trust me, you blokes have nothing to complain about, think about the k's we have to travel every second week haha

And Shayne, isnt Tenambit near Maitland?
    basically a stone's throw off the craig deans expressway.
    OK

As far as im aware Kurri have officially forfeited this weekends match against us.

And Shayne, isnt Tenambit near Maitland? Trust me, you blokes have nothing to complain about, think about the k's we have to travel every second week haha
    Yeah, I was just complaining like a little bitch, waiting for Grunta to bite

It's not really that far and Tenambit, from memory, was always a good team to play. Looking forward to it next year!

Congratz to M'Brook reserves wrapping up the Minors, last nights result could've been a little different if Charlestown we're more clinical in front of goal, would've had at least 3-4 decent chances in the first 20-30 minutes. Fairly even match which is a positive for the Charlestown boys going into the finals.

Congratz to M'Brook reserves wrapping up the Minors, last nights result could've been a little different if Charlestown we're more clinical in front of goal, would've had at least 3-4 decent chances in the first 20-30 minutes. Fairly even match which is a positive for the Charlestown boys going into the finals.
    Couldn't agree more. Charlie were all over us for the first 20, took us a while to get use to the bounce of the cricket pitch haha. Second half was a different story though, especially hitting the woodwork a couple of times. Charlie are a good team, best of luck to them in the semis.

westlakes vs bellbird
    ressies 1-2
    pretty boring game to watch. bellbird finished their chances well where westlakes did not.

firsts 6-1
    game was played at morisset and the pitch was a nightmare to play on, probs the worst ive played on, suprised no one did their ankle.
    both teams had a number of players playing both grades, bellbirds first grade nearly entirely composed of people backing up so was great to see the heart they put in and westlakes were resting a number of first graders that had niggling injuries.
    both factors made the game a bit slower compared to our previous encounter.
    once again big cheers to bellbird for coming out especially with the mess that the district caused double booking our ground