Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 2 Thread

Olympic are trying to play there home leg at Darling St Oval

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Olympic are trying to play there home leg at Darling St Oval
    anyone else confused as to why they put our gf at darling st oval when there is a hamo side in the finals?

games 4v1/1v4 to be on sat and 3v2/2v3 to be on sunday

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    anyone else confused as to why they put our gf at darling st oval when there is a hamo side in the finals?
    Good question.
    I'd say because it's a mutual ground that no team has played on all year.

In regards to this weekend.
    As you might recall, our home ground is Connolly park, we can't play there Saturday because the Suns are.

Also, it's one of the best football fields in Newcastle.
    I'd be happy to play the GF at Darling street oval.
    Facilities are fantastic,Pitch is in great condition as well.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GJ23 View Post
    I'd say because it's a mutual ground

As you might recall, our home ground is Connolly park, we can't play there Saturday because the Suns are.

What are your thoughts?
    Firstly, it definitely isnt a mutual ground. As you know, its 100% olympic. I could understand if the other first grade teams wouldn't be happy with it. For example, it wouldn't really be fair if terrace were to play Olympic in the gf at darling st after winning the minor prem and Olympic scrapping into the semis.

On the other hand, it is a great pitch and venue.

Good question.

What are your thoughts?
    if you are planning to play your home semi at darling st (no matter the circumstances) it proves its not a mutual ground.
    I raised the question to my team mates when it still looked like charlie were going to take fourth so its not like this is a dig to hamo, i just find it odd that the district would allocate a hamo gf to the only id comp featuring a hamilton side.
    Ive heard its one of the best grounds in newy so i look forward to hopefully getting a chance to play on it.

Good question.

What are your thoughts?
    mutual ground - lol.

in fairness though, it will be a mutual ground when terrace play westlakes in the grand final.

ok pitch, definately not best in newcastle imo. but would they close off the other side of the pitch like they used to for state league games or will they let people stand on the non-grandstand-side like when the jets play trial games there? because if they block off the other side, that'd be such a terrible atmosphere for grand final day.
    Last edited by pv4; 28-08-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    OK

I think its a shame the association let the GF be played at another ground not even in this division, i know it is better for spectators but it is taking away the chance for clubs in our division to collect the extra $$$ these games can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    I think its a shame the association let the GF be played at another ground not even in this division, i know it is better for spectators but it is taking away the chance for clubs in our division to collect the extra $$$ these games can provide.
    the reason they went to the home and away legs was to increase $$$ for the clubs that make the semis.
    I like the fact that we play at an nbn ground. its always something to look forward to especially for the younger members of the squad who may never have played at a quality ground.

LEAGUE TWO
    Res Grade
    S.F Leg 1 1/09/2012 4 v 1 Belmont Tingira FC v Muswellbrook FC Darling St Oval
    S.F Leg 2 8/09/2012 1 v 4 Muswellbrook FC v Belmont Tingira FC King Park

1st Grade
    S.F Leg 1 1/09/2012 4 v 1 Hamilton Olympic FC v Raymond Terrace SC Darling St Oval
    S.F Leg 2 8/09/2012 1 v 4 Raymond Terrace SC v Hamilton Olympic FC King Park

Res Grade
    S.F Leg 1 2/09/2012 3 v 2 Charlestown City Blues FC v Jesmond FC Rathmines Oval
    S.F Leg 2 9/09/2012 2 v 3 Jesmond FC v Charlestown City Blues FC Baxter Field

1st Grade
    S.F Leg 1 2/09/2012 3 v 2 Westlakes Wildcats FC v Belmont Tingira FC Rathmines Oval
    S.F Leg 2 9/09/2012 2 v 3 Belmont Tingira FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC Baxter Field

ressies belmont v mussy
    0-4
    mussy were all class against a belmont team that really didnt look interested. allowed mussy mids way to much room.

firsts hamo v terrace
    2-2
    hamo came out strongly and scored in like the first 15 seconds. terrace looked asleep and were 2 nil down after a well taken free kick by my mate gj23.
    hamo were playing well, actually trying to play some decent football instead of their usual hack fest however started to dive (even the ref was laughing at a few of them). the diving nearly payed off when they were awarded a really soft pen after a dive but number 8 missed the goals.
    some strange substitions (imo) plus the hamo defence tiring and giving the two terrace strikers a bit of space allowed terrace to score two pretty comfortable goals.
    hamo looked the better side however were very soft on the ball and terrace strikers missed a number of opportunities they would normally have finished so a draw probably fair.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 01-09-2012 at 07:09 PM.

the winner from this leg will win the grandfinal. westlakes dont have enough imagination to win a 2 leg and belmont wont keep up with terrace strikers and olympic have a good disciplined formation terrace look like the only team that can counter attack olympic..

Quote Originally Posted by p-diddy View Post
    the winner from this leg will win the grandfinal. westlakes dont have enough imagination to win a 2 leg and belmont wont keep up with terrace strikers and olympic have a good disciplined formation terrace look like the only team that can counter attack olympic..
    on aggregate westlakes beat hamo 6-2 this year.
    doesnt sound like olympic attack wins...
    terrace is the only team that beats westlakes on aggregate this year and that was something like 8-7 so to say they cant win a two leg is rediculous

after watching the game today neither team impressed me that much. I dont think there is much seperating any of the top 4, will be interesting to see who comes out on top
    Last edited by true waterboy; 01-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Credit to the Hamo team for taking it to us today, playing on big brothers small pitch suits their style of play. To go a goal down in the opening minute was a bit disheartening but the penalty miss gave our boys a lift. Unfortunately we went another goal down just before the break from a well placed free kick. After getting a few thing off their chest the boys came out firing in the second half and created plenty of chances to put the game away but were only fortunate enough to put 2 goals in to finish with the draw, 2away goals could prove vital leading into next week. Looking forward to playing on our home pitch next sat.
    It's a shame the Muswellbrook boys aren't playing finals footy in first grade, could have easily taken out the comp with everyone available each week and would have been good to line up against my old mates once more

yeah you might have beaten them on aggregate playing them 9 weeks between fixtures. and its finals football neither team has to impress there was some pretty football in patches out there from both teams my opinion westlakes cant win it and probably wont progress past belmont but let the football do the talking and prove me wrong.

Finally a respectable comment

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Credit to the Hamo team for taking it to us today, playing on big brothers small pitch suits their style of play. To go a goal down in the opening minute was a bit disheartening but the penalty miss gave our boys a lift. Unfortunately we went another goal down just before the break from a well placed free kick. After getting a few thing off their chest the boys came out firing in the second half and created plenty of chances to put the game away but were only fortunate enough to put 2 goals in to finish with the draw, 2away goals could prove vital leading into next week. Looking forward to playing on our home pitch next sat.
    It's a shame the Muswellbrook boys aren't playing finals footy in first grade, could have easily taken out the comp with everyone available each week and would have been good to line up against my old mates once more
    Totally agree with the above comments made by ranger09
    It was a great game. Nice park. Big crowd. 2 very hard teams. All Hamo first half & all terrace second half.
    Shout out for your honesty ranger09 . Very respectable words..

Cool

on aggregate westlakes beat hamo 6-2 this year.
    doesnt sound like olympic attack wins...
    terrace is the only team that beats westlakes on aggregate this year and that was something like 8-7 so to say they cant win a two leg is rediculous

after watching the game today neither team impressed me that much. I dont think there is much seperating any of the top 4, will be interesting to see who comes out on top
    Aggregate???
    Games played =3
    Westlakes won=1
    Hamilton Won =2
    You do the math..

ressies belmont v mussy
    0-4
    mussy were all class against a belmont team that really didnt look interested. allowed mussy mids way to much room.

firsts hamo v terrace
    2-2
    hamo came out strongly and scored in like the first 15 seconds. terrace looked asleep and were 2 nil down after a well taken free kick by my mate gj23.
    hamo were playing well, actually trying to play some decent football instead of their usual hack fest however started to dive (even the ref was laughing at a few of them). the diving nearly payed off when they were awarded a really soft pen after a dive but number 8 missed the goals.
    some strange substitions (imo) plus the hamo defence tiring and giving the two terrace strikers a bit of space allowed terrace to score two pretty comfortable goals.
    hamo looked the better side however were very soft on the ball and terrace strikers missed a number of opportunities they would normally have finished so a draw probably fair.
    Be nice friend
    It was a bomb!

It was a good game by both teams involved..

Refs laughing???
    WTF! The Ref did a great job today, fair on both teams I'd say..
    I know you weren't drunk, we all saw you drinking soft drink all day.

Aggregate???
    Games played =3
    Westlakes won=1
    Hamilton Won =2
    You do the math..
    i dont take state cup results into consideration as im assuming both teams were playing a number of ressies as a trail game to test players in different position but if ud like to include it then 6-3 to westlakes

Be nice friend
    It was a bomb!

It was a good game by both teams involved..

Refs laughing???
    WTF! The Ref did a great job today, fair on both teams I'd say..
    I know you weren't drunk, we all saw you drinking soft drink all day.
    will admit it was a bomb, keeper had no chance.
    i do agree ref had a good game and yes he did laugh after a few players went down softly.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 02-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Spewin I left at half time in firsts!
    First half Hamilton were the more hungry team and terrace couldn't match their intensity. I think I said it earlier in the season on this thread that if you can get inside les' ( terrace striker) head he drops his bundle and loses the plot...and that's exactly what happened! Hamilton gave him nothing and when things werent going right for him he lost his head and couldn't play his game. He is a great player but if I was his team mate I'd have a word with him during the week about staying relaxed out there, terrace need him to fire if they are going to progress.

Hamilton knocked the ball around well and did a good job to mark bobby and les out of the game in the first half. I like Hamilton and I'm mates with a couple of their boys and supports but I definitely agree that they are serial whingers and go down very easily. But at the end of the day it's the refs job to blow the whistle so you can't blame Hamilton for any of the decisions.

Looking forward to the next leg! All the best and good luck to both teams