Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Cant really argue with the pen, ive seen them given and ive seen them not given. The amount of dodgy pens/decisions we've had given against us (something ridiculous like 5 pens in the first 5 rounds and 5 red cards in first 6 rounds) it's nice to get the rub of the green for a change.

Westlakes play some very nice football and deserve to be where they are on the table.
    Ive gotto argue with that penalty. was talking with the mussy player from the bench and he admitted the shirt pulling was between both of them 10m away from the box.
    how a ref can give a penalty from that far out of the box is a joke.

Either way was a good day. always love playing mussy.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    Ive gotto argue with that penalty. was talking with the mussy player from the bench and he admitted the shirt pulling was between both of them 10m away from the box.
    how a ref can give a penalty from that far out of the box is a joke.

Either way was a good day. always love playing mussy.
    I agree that the shirt pulling started outside the box but the fact that he made it into the box and was on goal whilst the shirt grabbing was still going on constitutes a pen. Like I said, ive seen them given and seen them not given. It was soft and I can definitely see how you lads wouldnt have been happy but as the old saying goes, that's football, and we've definitely copped our fair share of bad calls this season.

both players involved have admitted to me it stopped well outside the box.
    either way i think going by the majority of the rounds this year i think the refing needs to improve
    Last edited by true waterboy; 02-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.

if the pen was truly that laughable i'd imagine mussy wouldn't have scored it and would have done the whole fair play thing. sounds like a foul from just reading here, so who really cares - it's over and i'd say not that big a deal judging from the final score.

Westlakes play some very nice football and deserve to be where they are on the table.
    Westlakes were very solid team, definitely one of the better teams we have played this season and deserve to be challenging for top spot. It was gernerally agreed amongst the Mussy boys that no. 9, was absolutely class, one of the better players in the division! Refereeing decisions aside, I thought Mussy were good for their clean-sheet yesterday and overall deserved the points due to sheer effort and determination. Guaranteed that Westlakes will be there in the big games come the business end of the season but.

The forum is designed to be a place for discussion...which is exactly how we are using it. The thread gets as boring as bat shit when it's just people typing the latest scores. It's always interesting to hear other people's points of view.

And Waterboy, I agree the refereeing has been woeful so far this season but I suppose we should be grateful to even have officials. TBH im sick of seeing the same (rubbish) refs every week. Surely they can mix it up a bit?

coming into the business end of the season i think charlestown will win the comp but the next 3 weeks will be defying westlakes play terrace and charlestown and still have a catchup against a strong belmont team.
    pretty far out from but these are my predictions
    charlestown: struggling of late but players coming back from suspension / injury ive heard
    westlakes: tough run in the next few weeks think will drop 1 or 2 games and will give charlestown breathing space
    terrace : been worked out with there 2 strikers still very dangerous but easier to defend when u no whats coming at u.long ball
    belmont: good all round team play terrace in the last week might leapfrog them with a win on the last day
    olympic : quality individuals
    musso: alot of home games left
    jeso : looking abit better now
    medowie: dont think theres enough depth
    kurri: play at home on a big greasy deck will need a win or draw against bellbird to save demotion
    bellbird: to get the spoon

I think it will come down to charlestown, westlakes, belmont.
    as said above i think the next 3 are defying and will most likely decide the title.

does anyone no what happened in the terrace medowie derby?

Quote Originally Posted by a-gunners View Post
    does anyone no what happened in the terrace medowie derby?
    Pretty sure it was washed out

Is there any catch up games scheduled for this week

Charlestown only have one catch up game against Bellbird (away) and we're up to date. Getting down the the final part of the season, as long as our players are fit and avoid suspension I think we'll be there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by p-diddy View Post
    coming into the business end of the season i think charlestown will win the comp but the next 3 weeks will be defying westlakes play terrace and charlestown and still have a catchup against a strong belmont team.
    pretty far out from but these are my predictions
    charlestown: struggling of late but players coming back from suspension / injury ive heard
    westlakes: tough run in the next few weeks think will drop 1 or 2 games and will give charlestown breathing space
    terrace : been worked out with there 2 strikers still very dangerous but easier to defend when u no whats coming at u.long ball
    belmont: good all round team play terrace in the last week might leapfrog them with a win on the last day
    olympic : quality individuals
    musso: alot of home games left
    jeso : looking abit better now
    medowie: dont think theres enough depth
    kurri: play at home on a big greasy deck will need a win or draw against bellbird to save demotion
    bellbird: to get the spoon
    Great predictions, I would have to agree with most of them. The exception being us (Muswellbrook). A realistic goal for us is to avoid relegation. I cant see Jesmond or Medowie finishing below us for the simple fact that we can only really compete in our home matches (I think by now most of you know our Away game circumstances). I think we will be battling it out in a relegation dogfight come the arse end of the season.

Definitely agree with your comments re The Terrace. Mark those 2 strikers tightly and they struggle. They are also extremely suseptable to a little bit of friendly niggle, especially the bigger bloke.

Also, can somebody tell me how many teams get relegated? Is it only bottom 2?

Great predictions, I would have to agree with most of them. The exception being us (Muswellbrook). A realistic goal for us is to avoid relegation. I cant see Jesmond or Medowie finishing below us for the simple fact that we can only really compete in our home matches (I think by now most of you know our Away game circumstances). I think we will be battling it out in a relegation dogfight come the arse end of the season.

Definitely agree with your comments re The Terrace. Mark those 2 strikers tightly and they struggle. They are also extremely suseptable to a little bit of friendly niggle, especially the bigger bloke.

Also, can somebody tell me how many teams get relegated? Is it only bottom 2?
    Usually bottom 1, but with only 6 teams being in ZL3 I think there would have to be a big gap between 1 & 2 for two teams to be promoted. This year three teams came up because they wanted to make this a 10 team comp.

well looking at ur draw u play bellbird and kurri at home with ur full strength home team. use will be right i dont think musso will be fighting relegation considering kurri havent won a game yet this year. only 1 team gets demoted but it also depends on whos going up from 3rds not sure how uni is going in the higher league but im not sure if they can gain promotion cause there has to be a 2 grade gap. thats y they didnt try and go up last year. not 100 percent so dont quote me

well looking at ur draw u play bellbird and kurri at home with ur full strength home team. use will be right i dont think musso will be fighting relegation considering kurri havent won a game yet this year. only 1 team gets demoted but it also depends on whos going up from 3rds not sure how uni is going in the higher league but im not sure if they can gain promotion cause there has to be a 2 grade gap. thats y they didnt try and go up last year. not 100 percent so dont quote me
    Ok thanks for the info, if it's only one team relegation you would think we'd definitely be safe!

I think kurri are a better team then there position on the ladder shows. I dont think they are a walk over as some people seem to beleive.
    I dont think there is a chance the mussy will be relegated. I know they cant play their full strength team regularly but when they do they are a top 4 side.

Hopefully this crap weather does not effect many games tommorow
    I know Connolly park is very wet hopefully no more rain

unfortunately i cant see many games being on this weekend. jeso might play though

The jesmond game has already been called off