Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying football equipment

Buying football equipment

I thought we had a thread on this, but I am guessing it fell victim to the GFC

As my daughter is starting football down here in Sydney, I am needing to buy the usual boots/shinpads/etc for her.
    Where have people found the best place to purchase this stuff?
    And dont tell me Rebel, as looking for alternatives is the reason I am starting this thread

Plus people can also discuss the best places to buy in Newy, specials, online options etc
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Online: Prodirect shits all over any other site i've come across as far as selection goes. They have all the boots from $30 to $400, heaps of shinpads, compressions, socks, replica, balls etc. Shipping generally takes between 1-3 weeks. Never had any issues. (Despite my Copa's splitting down the side, but that eventually happens with every pair whether rebel or not.

Newwy: https://www.cataloguesports.com.au at adamstown have always been cheap for my copas. (About $40 cheaper than rebel)

Also, anybody know much about nets?
    Looking to get a net to set up when i go for a kick. Last time i priced them, they were astronomically expensive.

Go check out Kingsgrove in Islington

Another for Pro Direct. Also have used recently Kit Bag and Start Football.

All were about a week to get here but from memory Pro Direct was the best to track delivery online.

Be sure to click on the Sale icon to the right of the page on Pro Direct, i purchased a heap of Adidas shirts for under $ 8.00.

You will pay less than the highlighted price as we don't pay there VAT tax.

Cheers

Go to rebel, choose your boots, try them on and then go order them on pro direct, save a hundred

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Go to rebel, choose your boots, try them on and then go order them on pro direct, save a hundred
    Most ski boots stores now charge a fitting fee due to this action.

It's what I do though, once you know your size you don't need a pimply faced kid telling you want you want.

Prodirect is great

I use www.just-keepers.com . Based in the UK. Obviously more aimed at goalkeepers, but they have a decent selection of boots, socks, shin pads and tape as well. Generally get to Newy about a week after you purchase them, also offer customisation if you're into that.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I always buy copas from pro direct.

But rebel now sell them for $149 which is $3 cheaper than what pro direct currently do.

I haven't bought shin pads in forever.

But check the bargain bins etc in rebel too - recently picked up a really decent pair of boots for the mrs for $29
    OK

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    pro-direct is pretty good - I buy most of Cooks Hill United's stuff there and pretty much all my own

buying boots for a kid is a bit different though - I'd recommend buying in a shop over on–line so you get a proper fit

as for what's good out where you live - not really sure but I'll ask around at work, there's a fair few dudes who play out that way

Kingsgrove is the go, not a massive range but they seem to stock more high end boots. Last time I bought a pair of boots there they kicked a ball with me for ten minutes to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by The axe View Post
    Kingsgrove is the go, not a massive range but they seem to stock more high end boots. Last time I bought a pair of boots there they kicked a ball with me for ten minutes to try them out.
    Haha, did you get a lollipop after wards

Haha, did you get a lollipop after wards
    No but your mum gave me a hand job that night

Paging cold water for ForeverRed.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    pro-direct is pretty good - I buy most of Cooks Hill United's stuff there and pretty much all my own

buying boots for a kid is a bit different though - I'd recommend buying in a shop over on–line so you get a proper fit

as for what's good out where you live - not really sure but I'll ask around at work, there's a fair few dudes who play out that way
    cheers Boz
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Start Fitness have an extra 10% off using the code " SALE10 ". More often than not that code can also be used at Start Football. So if you are still needing some gear then that may well be worth a looksy.

Cheers

[QUOTE=boz-monaut;71139]pro-direct is pretty good - I buy most of Cooks Hill United's stuff there and pretty much all my own

try kit king if you are buying in bulk, have found them to be cheaper than pro direct for this year

What a deadset loser, go and have another little kicky kick with your mates, BOY

What a deadset loser, go and have another little kicky kick with your mates, BOY
    poor, poor comeback.

but srs.

pro direct is brilliant, postage quick as.

Another one for ProDirect.

Picked up some tidy Nikes for my daughter last season for under $20. We were sure of her size in Nikes so it was all good. Got her boots from Rebel this season, but the selection in kids size was crap.

Will be using Prodirect again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    very good point.
    Plague Jnr got his first pair of boots this year. Plan was to have a look at a few places to try on etc then use Pro-Direct (+1 from me for those guys, always excellent).
    Anyway, dude at Rebel was brilliant (and patient) with fitting. Decided to buy them on the spot, am always happy to pay extra for good service etc.
    Would def recommend going there (was at Charlestown).
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG