Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 24 - Newcastle Jets vs Wellington Phoenix 22/3/14 k/off 530pm AEDST

HAL 13/14 Rd 24 - Newcastle Jets vs Wellington Phoenix 22/3/14 k/off 530pm AEDST

match info
    VS

2013/2014 Hyundai A-League
    Season 9 Round 24
    Newcastle United Jets FC vs Wellington Phoenix FC

The Squadron and the Yellow Fever will be embarking on the "12 Pubs of Jardel" prematch pub crawl, anyone wanting to join the festivities please click here for details.

When: Saturday 22nd March, 2014
    Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
    Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 430pm)
    Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/Events/Details/2754
    Pre-match: from 330pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow

Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 3 and FoxSports 3HD
    Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
    Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #NEWvWEL #12PubsofJardel

Supporters are reminded that active support has relocated to Bay 60 for the remainder of the season. All existing Bay 2 members should have already been sent their new membership cards. If you have not received this please contact the club on 4979 7611 . Anyone with a membership in another bay who wishes to join Bay 60 for this game also needs to contact the club to organise a temporary ticket for this game. Any other supporters simply need to purchase a ticket for Bay 60 via the above link.
    Last edited by furns; 22-03-2014 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Round 24 Preview –Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix

Overall – 21 games between the two teams.
    Jets Wins – 5, Phoenix Wins – 13, Drawn – 3

In Newcastle – 9 games
    Jets Wins – 3, Phoenix Wins – 5, Drawn – 1

Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 19, Phoenix – 41

Cards in Fixture
    Jets – 42 (38 Yellow, 4 Red), Phoenix – 41 (38 Yellow, 3 Red)

Recent Form
    Jets – WLWWL,
    Phoenix – LWLDD

Leading Scorers
    Jets – Adam Taggart 11, Phoenix – Stijn Huysegems 10

Last Result -
    Jets 2 (Goodwin 25’, 46’) – Phoenix 3 (Hernandez 21’, Huysegems 33’, Hicks 71’) at Hunter Stadium, Round 18.

Biggest Win
    Jets 3 (Hoffman 12, Hoffman 20, Naidovski 84) – Phoenix 2 (Sigmund 26, Greenacre 43), Round 1, Season 5 at Energy Australia Stadium, 9/08/2009.

Heaviest Defeat
    Jets 0 – Phoenix 4 (Brown 18, Rojas 31, Greenacre 41, Macallister 88), Round 19, Season 6 at Wellington, 18/12/2010.

Leading Scorers in fixture
    Jets – 2 (Craig Goodwin, Jason Hoffman, Matt Thompson)
    Phoenix – 6 (Shane Smeltz – including 3 penalties)

Coaches Head to Head – 1 match
    Clayton Zane – 0 wins, Ernie Merrick 1 win

Newcastle Jets Coaching Records

Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
    Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (3 wins, 3 drawn and 6 losses = 25% win ratio)
    Craig Deans – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
    Branko Culina – 7 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 5 losses = 29% win ratio)

Average Home crowd – 10422

Key facts:
    • The last 5 away games for Wellington have seen 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.
    • The Jets last 5 home results are 1 win, 2 drawn and 2 losses.
    • Adam Taggart is 3 goals behind equalling Joel Griffith’s record of 14 goals in a season. He is also the club’s all-time 5th leading goal scorer with 13 goals following last weeks match, equal with Mark Bridge. Taggart has taken 10 less games to achieve this milestone.
    • Kew Jaliens is also closing in on the club record for most yellow cards in a season. Jaliens has 8 while the record is 10 (Ruben Zadkovic in Season 7).
    • Wellington haven’t kept a clean sheet in the last 8 games, and have only kept one clean sheet away from home all season (12 appearances).
    • The Jets have only ever received 1 penalty in 21 meetings. This was in Season 3 and was scored by Mark Bridge (30/12/2007). The Jets have since gone 18 matches without a penalty in this fixture. This was awarded by Strebre Delovski
    • The Phoenix, however, have received 5 penalties since this time. They have converted 4 of them - Chris Greenacre being the only player to miss his shot.
    • The Phoenix have beaten the Jets in the last 3 visits to Hunter Stadium.
    • In the first meeting between these two clubs in Season 3, Round 3, Matt Thompson scored the 500th goal in A-League History.
    • The Phoenix have scored an average of 1.9 goals against the Jets in all matches. The Jets have scored an average of 0.85 goals. This goes up to an average of 1.25 at home.
    • The Jets have only ever kept 3 clean sheets against the Phoenix, while the Jets have been kept scoreless 10 times.
    • Vince Lia and Manny Muscat are the most booked Phoenix players in the match, having been booked 5 times against the Jets in the past.
    • 4 Jets players have been sent off in the fixture – Joel Griffiths, Mark Milligan, Ryan Griffiths and Sam Gallaway. Sam Gallaway is the only player to receive a red for a second bookable offence. Gallaway is also the only player of these 4 to have been booked during a Phoenix game.
    • The Phoenix have had 3 players dismissed – Nick Ward, Tim Brown and Tony Lochhead. These were all second bookable offences.
    • Glen Moss has kept 3 clean sheets in 14 appearances against the Jets, 2 of these as the Phoenix keeper. He hasn’t kept a clean sheet against the Jets at Hunter Stadium, letting in an average of 2 goals.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 19-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Phoenix 1-0

Furns - I'll update the details for teh front page hopefully tonight

My prediction is a 2-1 loss.

Despite Ben Sigmund beign suspended for the game, the Nix have a more-than-adequate replacement in Boxhall. Zane will hopefully have learnt from the last visit that Carlos Hernandez cannot be given the time or space that he was afforded last time. We need a job done on him, similar to what Zads did to Engelaar in the last game.

What is concerning for me is the ability, or lack there-of, to score against the Phoenix. We average a little under one per game when compared to their almost 2 per game. The Nix, however, aren't as proficient at Hunter Stadium. THere is also the point that they have beaten us the last 3 times they have played us in Newcastle.

Both teams have the finals spot still in their sites, and should either team lose then the chances of making it to the semis are pretty much gone with 3 games left. A draw won't help either team so expect attacking play and open spaces.

I simply think the Nix will be too classy for us.

Important info:
    Wellington $4.00 for win.
    Draw $3.40.

Plague Jnr will be at the game (still never seen a Jets win).

You will get a Wello win or draw at about $2 which covers all bases and doubles your money.

Bet with your head, not over it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Important info:
    Draw $3.40.

You will get a Wello win or draw at about $2 which covers all bases and doubles your money.

So Tom, this is what you do with your time since Channel 9 booted you off. I thought you'd be helping your mum at the stables.

Jets will win this one if Kanta starts the game as he will mark KFC out of the game

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Important info:
    Draw $3.40.

Get on it. Nix are specials

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Round 24 Preview –Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix

[*]The Jets have only ever received 1 penalty in 21 meetings. This was in Season 3 and was scored by Mark Bridge (30/12/2007). The Jets have since gone 18 matches without a penalty in this fixture. This was awarded by Strebre Delovski
    I vaguely remember Tarek missing a penalty about 4-5 seasons ago, was that against Wellington or am I confused?

I can't wait for Carlos to tear us a new one. They destroyed CCM a few weeks back.

Wellington by 3, Carlos first goal scorer. Easy money.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I vaguely remember Tarek missing a penalty about 4-5 seasons ago, was that against Wellington or am I confused?
    YEs I think we had this convo last time...I cheated this week and went off the rd 18 template

I'll check it out later

So Tom, this is what you do with your time since Channel 9 booted you off. I thought you'd be helping your mum at the stables.
    True story, took Robbie Waterhouse on one day in Sydney was 2/2 and had my best tip of the day running. Loaded up and sat back ready to collect as my donkey was clear on the home straight then this 3 legged thing ran it down and was paying something like 40/1. Later in the day I was walking past him and he gave me a look that said "yeah I fixed that race just to teach you a lesson you little shit".
    Since that day no one in his family has gotten a red cent out of me.
    **** the Waterhouse family.

Note: back in the day he had his daughter Kate helping out on track. She is stunning. Like, really really stunning.

Anyway, go Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I can't wait for Carlos to tear us a new one. They destroyed CCM a few weeks back.

Wellington by 3, Carlos first goal scorer. Easy money.
    That's where I think your wrong WLG.

Nix will win but scrape by.

Those Jets will make us suffer a painful defeat.

Control game not score, concede against the run of play, dominate for a long period, equalise, then push on for the winner and make it look like it is a matter of time before they take lead then conceed from a late attack completely against the run of play

You know it makes sense.

Jets 1 Nix 2

Win...2-1
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    YEs I think we had this convo last time...I cheated this week and went off the rd 18 template

I'll check it out later
    A.J. you're right. Stats fixed in source file now. Thanks

Banned
    we are nix's bitches

@NewcastleJetsFC coach Clayton Zane confirms keeper Ben Kennedy will come into the starting line up for Saturday's game against Wellington

@NewcastleJetsFC coach Clayton Zane confirms keeper Ben Kennedy will come into the starting line up for Saturday's game against Wellington
    Have just cancelled all bets.
    Plague Jnr is about to see his first win.
    Jets are sure things now.
    Caaaarrrrrnnnnn BK.

Hernandez has not been names in the Phoenix squad....

we may be half a chance of jagging a win now..