Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squadron in Western Grandstand

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    All?
    You mostly ya jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Squadron need to be behind the goals in the Southern Hill.

Whoever thought up the idea to put active support in the corners is a moron.
    Dead-set, how many different ways can this question be answered?

The FFA have mandated that all "active support" areas shall be fully seated. The hill, by it's very name does not fit the bill

Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    Probably because all the current senior members of the squadron are ****wits

Exhibit A
    Spectacular.
    Go jetties

Honestly, would hate to see what we'd do to each other if we really did hate each other.

This keyboard warrior flame war is quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    You mostly ya jerk
    I follow your lead.

Shame we can't be like the Stones....well known that some band members never / don't / didn't like each others but the Band always came / come #1....50ish years later they are stronger than ever....................................#NTUA
    As far as I am concerned: Jets / Squadron #1.......big Ego to make way... for Unity.

bout time to close this thread, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

^ Yeah..... and there are no such things as ***wits or *****heads..... except for Hutcho

Actually, from Bay 55 I don't think the squadron is any more (or less) noisy than it was in Bay 2. The drum is certainly more noticeable, the chants would be pretty much the same as always volume wise.

Probably the difference now is that its less visible so you notice it less. To us, you could see something happening when it was in Bay 2, now you can see if your really looking for it, but that means looking away from the game.

All up though I think the move to Bay 60 was (and still is) a good thing. The biggest issue in the squadron is really about the numbers getting involved. Irrespective of location, it is the numbers of people that are going to get it heard, not the bay location. What I have noticed this season that has been missing in past years is that the Squadron appears to be trying to involve/attract people. If they continue down this path it will grow, it will just take time.

There will always be people who will stand on the side line and criticise (at the same time making excuses for not getting involved), nothing you can do about those people. As long as you look to engage people, it will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Dead-set, how many different ways can this question be answered?

The FFA have mandated that all "active support" areas shall be fully seated. The hill, by it's very name does not fit the bill
    just need a bays worth of seating behind the goals. bet magic could make it happen

Good to see that within a few pages we are back hating on our own. Well done!
    Newy mentality all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    Probably because all the current senior members of the squadron are ****wits

Exhibit A
    Feel like I'm just getting sucked into bite

But

It's these perceptions from people that keep people away

The same f**wits this year alone

- gave proceeds from jetstream sales and took donations to the rural fire service
    - offered there own material to jets fans of all ages to make there own banners
    - ran a non for profit bus service for jets fans for nsw games
    - organised a social event with another supporter group

I could name other things us ****wits did but I'll stop

One outlandish comment doesn't make the whole squadron f**kwits.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Feel like I'm just getting sucked into bite

But

It's these perceptions from people that keep people away

The same f**wits this year alone

- gave proceeds from jetstream sales and took donations to the rural fire service
    - offered there own material to jets fans of all ages to make there own banners
    - ran a non for profit bus service for jets fans for nsw games
    - organised a social event with another supporter group

I could name other things us ****wits did but I'll stop

One outlandish comment doesn't make the whole squadron f**kwits.
    I had no idea they did any of this, and I'm pretty regular on this forum. How would people 'outside' know?

Think it just comes down to exposure. Most people who rock up, and aren't on here, probably have no idea they can just wander into your bay and join in.

And just to extend my ignorance further, is there any sort of Squadron season ticket the Jets advertise with the other season options?

Everything above has been promoted by us on this forum and on our social media Channels

The buses, and the open tifo day were publicised by the club on all ther channels as well

Whether we need to promote things more?

The squadron has it's own membership which gets you a tennis club membership .

But this is not connected to your Newcastle jets membership

Hail Body!

Everything above has been promoted by us on this forum and on our social media Channels

The buses, and the open tifo day were publicised by the club on all ther channels as well

I think the club needs to promote it more to be honest. Through cheaper membership for squadron or whatever.

I guess the best part of the Rowdies at Breakers was that it was easy to just stand along and sing and shout on the hill.
    Having to be in a sectioned off area really restricts new growth. I see that as the major problem for you fellas.

Promoting on here sounds like you're preaching to the converted. If I didn't see it, I'm not sure how a non-foz member would.

Not having general admission for active supporters is the biggest problem in the league!

All active support has to be reserved seating its a joke and it doesn't support growth I agree.

It's one of the reasons why the north terrace are currently protesting

Hail Body!

Well after reading these comments so far, the biggest question is;

What can be done to get more people into Active support bays?

Just want to express that no idea is a bad one and no person has full control over anything that happens in or around the bay. We have a squadron committee for a reason and we've always encouraged new people to stand up and help us out with new ideas and ways to do things. We have never thought we are bigger or better then any other jets fans. We may be looked at like this, but that is the opinion of others and they can have it to be honest.

We just support the club in a different way to most within the ground, but we do it our way because its what we love.

PLUS to those that just want to take shots at us blokes who are involved and whatever, keep doing what your doing because it will never get under our skin or change anything thats going on. Change happens with people actually doing something, not throwing meaningless insults about.

Amongst all the bullshit there have been a few good points raised here. As one who has moved away for reasons like Gaz I agree that things have improved in a lot of ways this year. There is a bit of work to do and I am always happy to be involved in putting in the work if needed. I do think sometimes we take one step forward and two back when people hit post before they think. At the end of the day we are here to support the team not act like a bunch of knobs. If anyone wants to talk to me about it you all should know who I am. If not I'm sure someone will point me out for you