Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inconsistency of the jets

Inconsistency of the jets

Enough is enough

Are we seriously the most inconsistent team that has ever played in the a-league? I have no idea how we blew tonight its a game we seriously blew big time.

What in your opinion needs to happen if we are too become a more consistent team in the a-league. Will a new coach next season help with consistency? Do we need a new team roster.

Answer away....In my opinion we lack a good defensive line....really miss someone like topper stanley or a jade north who was willing to put their body on the line to defend goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    you mean like kew jaliens?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

need a ball playing CB, left fullback who can go forward and defend, a true midfielder to link the front third and middle third. Really between Tagz, Griff and Hesk our frontline is best covered area we have. AND SOME F**KING HEART

Need:
    Good CB - last time we had a good CB pairing was Topor and Ljubo, and that was because Topor did what he was told.
    Good LB - last one was probably Corbo, at least he showed a bit of ****ing heart
    Good Creative Midfielder - Fabio Vignaroli.

So pretty much it's been a good 4-5 years since we've had any of those, bar a good LB, which was Corbo. What's the definition of insanity again?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

SD is on the money, it's the roster.

Who ever wrote the roster that allows half the team to turn up one week, and the other half the week after and then all players getting an RDO ever time we play CCM need sacking.
    I imagine running lower staff levels saves coin but it's clearly not helping the results column.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Need:
    Good CB - last time we had a good CB pairing was Topor and Ljubo, and that was because Topor did what he was told.
    Good LB - last one was probably Corbo, at least he showed a bit of ****ing heart
    Good Creative Midfielder - Fabio Vignaroli.

So pretty much it's been a good 4-5 years since we've had any of those, bar a good LB, which was Corbo. What's the definition of insanity again?
    CB - I think Kew & Mitchell have been superb over the last few weeks. Don't see the need, particularly if we have Regan & Chapman backing them up.

LB - definately. Although to be fair, I thought Matt Thompson was excellent when he played there for us. So I wouldn't say Corbo was the last good one. I even liked Byun & moreso Ritter (GVE's fault he wasn't a standout IMO)

AM - yes. Finkler, Flores, Bresc, someone plz.
    OK

I sort of find it funny that a thread about consistency isn't talking about management staff at all?

Pretty hard to have consistency when we aren't even certain who'll be coaching next season (or did I miss that memo?).

Playing roster is important, but again isn't that the choice of the manager, who is... ?

Edit: Also cannot believe we did not keep Ritter.

Ritter would have been excellent in the post GVE era. GVE football made him look shit half the time, great the other half. Hate GVE.

Solid

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    I sort of find it funny that a thread about consistency isn't talking about management staff at all?

Pretty hard to have consistency when we aren't even certain who'll be coaching next season (or did I miss that memo?).

Playing roster is important, but again isn't that the choice of the manager, who is... ?

Edit: Also cannot believe we did not keep Ritter.
    I think I've said enough about Middleby, Palmer etc.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

never should have let burns go!

at the end of the day clayton zane has had GVE stink on him for 3 years.

keep clayton at the club, and bring in someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

maybe they just need to stop losing

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Or stop winning. Why can't we tank like the Dees do (did?) and get the first draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Captain Obvious must have had a big Sunday night. It's a disgrace he hasn't turned up yet.

Banned
    Thread titles a disgrace SD

The Jets are extremely consistent at being shit

I quite like being shit.
    Go jetties

My question is if the team are so inconsistent then why am I so used to feeling like this?
    OK

We need someone who understands tactics for a start, a creative centre mid and a left back

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    My question is if the team are so inconsistent then why am I so used to feeling like this?
    They are consistently inconsistent, tis true.

The defence, including LB is perfectly capable. We just don't play the right player at LB. The backs ****ed up last night because the pressure from midfield stopped. That's been our problem for the last few seasons - our midfield never has enough about to cover the entire game. Either they don't have enough steel and the other team dominates, or it's top heavy and we don't concede, but barely get out of our half. If we had a bit more push in mids last night, we probably could have grabbed a second goal early and Perth would have lost all hope. The front third finally looks quite good, and I'd be happy to keep the exact same forward line up next season.

Midfield should be our #1 priority. Both attacking and defensive.

Doesn't the table show that pretty much every team in the comp (bar 1 or 2) is inconsistent? It's got more to do with the salary cap than anything else.