Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    FA turds taking any $ is just shear arrogance. Socceroo's must be financed from top down. Community football does not need Northern. Northern charge like a wounded bull for any assistance including coaching courses anyway. Our juniors deserve better than this.

As for clubs, some are way over the mark. Others just scrape by. NL have always slugged their kids the most.

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/2...ry-level-fees/
    U6s
    NL 270
    Valo 275

I would suggest boycott and go elsewhere if you dont live to close.
    People can't complain about FA taking $14 when clubs are charging a lot more than they need to be. Dropping the $14 doesn't make it now much cheaper to play.

Not just in community as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Yup, New Lambton and Valentine should deservingly be copping some questions from parents.

My kids miniroos club charged $180 which was inclusive of paying for game leader fees, uniform & the end of season presentation & trophy costs.
    So $180 without a single extra cost through the season.

I know some of the clubs that charge very low fees will then have follow on costs additional to registration.
    I'm from one of the bigger clubs that's fee are not as high as the clubs you mentioned but higher than most. I have been around in these circles for some time now and believe what we are charging which has been the same for the last 3 seasons is fair and reasonable. I think it is highly irresponsible of David Eland and his team at NNSW to post all the fees without going out to clubs and asking what is actually included, I will admit they put a small disclaimer at the bottom recognising that they have no idea what the figures include. I have no idea what Valentine and NL include in their fees but certainly know what we do at our club and although will look high at 1st glance it is fair and reasonable. What it doesn't say is that entry level kids at our club play up to 10 competition games more than any other club that I know of and have done so for years, they get a personalised playing shirt as well as socks, very nice trophy and presentation day. Coaches don't have to drag there equipment to from the training park each week its all their for them to access each week. If you are in the Macquarie football area you have to pay a council fee of $40 per youth player to play and train which also appears in each clubs fees, so when you take that out there is actually 1 club by the figures posted is either subsidising 1/2 that fee or have some other arrangement which is good on them.

There is one club I see who's registration fee was $175 yet they have to pay $65 for uniform when they go to the registration day. Other clubs have an additional fee for presentation day's, others make you sell chocolate boxes. Which none of this is wrong it's just the way each club operates but it is not reflected on the list of fee's David and his team has put out. Although parents and kids like to play close to home paying registration fees is like anything else in most cases you get what you pay for and if you don't like the product you are free to go and try a different product.

So in all the list irresponsibly put out to all is not a true apples for apples comparison and I personally don't know of a community club that doesn't have hard working volunteers that give up many hours of their busy lives to help provide a place for kids to play football at and i am sure everyone of them would love to have no cost associated with it. And being honest the whole article in most cases looks like a pot shot at all those hardworking volunteers.

I'm still waiting for the fee comparison on JDL, NL1 and NPL clubs to come out from David Eland and his team which is a competition that NNSW have complete control over yet some u9's I here are paying nearly $2k but once again I am not sure what is included in that amount but from my clubs point of view I think the true cost for a kid that age in the JDL competition is between the $700 and $800 including everything except boots and pads.

Quote Originally Posted by matmoncrieff View Post
    I'm from one of the bigger clubs that's fee are not as high as the clubs you mentioned but higher than most. I have been around in these circles for some time now and believe what we are charging which has been the same for the last 3 seasons is fair and reasonable. I think it is highly irresponsible of David Eland and his team at NNSW to post all the fees without going out to clubs and asking what is actually included, I will admit they put a small disclaimer at the bottom recognising that they have no idea what the figures include. I have no idea what Valentine and NL include in their fees but certainly know what we do at our club and although will look high at 1st glance it is fair and reasonable. What it doesn't say is that entry level kids at our club play up to 10 competition games more than any other club that I know of and have done so for years, they get a personalised playing shirt as well as socks, very nice trophy and presentation day. Coaches don't have to drag there equipment to from the training park each week its all their for them to access each week. If you are in the Macquarie football area you have to pay a council fee of $40 per youth player to play and train which also appears in each clubs fees, so when you take that out there is actually 1 club by the figures posted is either subsidising 1/2 that fee or have some other arrangement which is good on them.

There is one club I see who's registration fee was $175 yet they have to pay $65 for uniform when they go to the registration day. Other clubs have an additional fee for presentation day's, others make you sell chocolate boxes. Which none of this is wrong it's just the way each club operates but it is not reflected on the list of fee's David and his team has put out. Although parents and kids like to play close to home paying registration fees is like anything else in most cases you get what you pay for and if you don't like the product you are free to go and try a different product.

So in all the list irresponsibly put out to all is not a true apples for apples comparison and I personally don't know of a community club that doesn't have hard working volunteers that give up many hours of their busy lives to help provide a place for kids to play football at and i am sure everyone of them would love to have no cost associated with it. And being honest the whole article in most cases looks like a pot shot at all those hardworking volunteers.
    As I said earlier, my son was at a miniroos club that was $180 all inclusive and gave the breakdown of where all costs went.

If I read that list and saw my club charging $200+ I think I am well within my rights to ask for an explanation of where fees go - because they should be provided up front.

I'm still waiting for the fee comparison on JDL, NL1 and NPL clubs to come out from David Eland and his team which is a competition that NNSW have complete control over yet some u9's I here are paying nearly $2k but once again I am not sure what is included in that amount but from my clubs point of view I think the true cost for a kid that age in the JDL competition is between the $700 and $800 including everything except boots and pads.
    I 100% agree with this. Considering these competitions have a much heavier involvement from NNWSF they should be providing comparisons for all of these competitions.

There will of course be variance. For example my sons JDL club charge $1200 another I know charges over $1500, however the higher price club trains at LMRFF once a week whereas we don't.
    There will be other differences obviously but the onus should be on clubs to explain how and where that money is spent.

When we were last provided a breakdown of fees distribution:
    $237 goes to Northern
    $14 to Football Australia
    $900+ to the club
    Of this: $250-300 on uniform & another $200-300 on TD/coaching costs. Lots of other little incidental costs like Electricity, Water, council fees.
    Last edited by Aegon; 25-02-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

As I said earlier, my son was at a miniroos club that was $180 all inclusive and gave the breakdown of where all costs went.

If I read that list and saw my club charging $200+ I think I am well within my rights to ask for an explanation of where fees go - because they should be provided up front.

I 100% agree with this. Considering these competitions have a much heavier involvement from NNWSF they should be providing comparisons for all of these competitions.

There will of course be variance. For example my sons JDL club charge $1200 another I know charges over $1500, however the higher price club trains at LMRFF once a week whereas we don't.
    There will be other differences obviously but the onus should be on clubs to explain how and where that money is spent.

$237 goes to Northern
    $900+ to the club
    Of this: $250-300 on uniform & another $200-300 on TD/coaching costs. Lots of other little incidental costs like Electricity, Water, council fees.
    In the end just like in society supply and demand kicks in, the majority of the big clubs that are charging the most money have parents and kids kicking their doors down to pay the money for what they believe is a better product. If parents are willing to pay the money, then what is the issue. If parents are not happy to pay the exorbitant amounts then don't and go play somewhere else where the fees are more reasonable and supply and demand will kick in and the big clubs will bring their fees down.

So in conclusion its actually the parents that are forcing up JDL and Youth costs LOL, stop paying the ridiculously fees clubs will respond when the kids stop coming.

$237 goes to Northern
    $900+ to the club
    In the end just like in society supply and demand kicks in, the majority of the big clubs that are charging the most money have parents and kids kicking their doors down to pay the money for what they believe is a better product. If parents are willing to pay the money, then what is the issue. If parents are not happy to pay the exorbitant amounts then don't and go play somewhere else where the fees are more reasonable and supply and demand will kick in and the big clubs will bring their fees down.

So in conclusion its actually the parents that are forcing up JDL and Youth costs LOL, stop paying the ridiculously fees clubs will respond when the kids stop coming.

I saw magic under 6 and under 7 were free with the active kids voucher

For example my sons JDL club charge $1200 another I know charges over $1500, however the higher price club trains at LMRFF once a week whereas we don't.

$237 goes to Northern
    $900+ to the club
    My sons JDL club charges $1150 and that includes one night a week at Speers Pt.

My other sons community club collect $81 on top of the FA/NNSW/Macquarie taxes for U5-8. Of that, $41 goes to LMCC charges. The remaining $40 pay the myriad of other consumables required. If they have enough to shout the committee a can of coke at the end of the season from that pot of money I’d be very surprised.

Yup, New Lambton and Valentine should deservingly be copping some questions from parents.

My kids miniroos club charged $180 which was inclusive of paying for game leader fees, uniform & the end of season presentation & trophy costs.
    So $180 without a single extra cost through the season.

I know some of the clubs that charge very low fees will then have follow on costs additional to registration.
    We charge $100 with no add on, other than shorts/socks. We used to include that but parents have asked us to take it out.

Other than a few clubs, and most of the high charging entry level fees are from "premier clubs" (read into that what you will), community football is not expensive.

So clubs have no social responsibility to keep things reasonable?

Again, the high changing community clubs in Macquarie and Newcastle are clubs with Premier teams. Screams of funding the premier system which is disgusting.

NNSW only fault with their release of this info is that it should have been done at the start of rego. not at the conclusion.

is one club I see who's registration fee was $175 yet they have to pay $65 for uniform when they go to the registration day. Other clubs have an additional fee for presentation day's, others make you sell chocolate boxes. Which none of this is wrong it's just the way each club operates but it is not reflected on the list of fee's David and his team has put out. Although parents and kids like to play close to home paying registration fees is like anything else in most cases you get what you pay for and if you don't like the product you are free to go and try a different product.
    I was talking to Macquarie about this today. Not disclosing the extra $65 at rego is deceitful at best.

I spoke with NNSW today and they do not understand how the timing of this information was out of line. I'm all for this being posted publicly, but it needs to be prior to rego (or at the start) so parents can ask questions.

Our rego is $100, but we may not include what some parents want. They should have the opportunity to ask questions. Now is too late.

From U8 up its $220 and players keep their kits (we dont

in all the list irresponsibly put out to all is not a true apples for apples comparison and I personally don't know of a community club that doesn't have hard working volunteers that give up many hours of their busy lives to help provide a place for kids to play football at and i am sure everyone of them would love to have no cost associated with it. And being honest the whole article in most cases looks like a pot shot at all those hardworking volunteers.
    I had a public rant yesterday that caused phone calls from higher than NNSW today. NNSW believe they have compared apples with apples, this is a big issue.

Again, the information put out is fine, if its done at the start of rego.

Clubs all do things differently, thats OK, let parents find the right fit. Throwing the handgrenade now was wrong.

still waiting for the fee comparison on JDL, NL1 and NPL clubs to come out from David Eland and his team which is a competition that NNSW have complete control over yet some u9's I here are paying nearly $2k but once again I am not sure what is included in that amount but from my clubs point of view I think the true cost for a kid that age in the JDL competition is between the $700 and $800 including everything except boots and pads.
    Dont hold your breath on that one. The shot at community was a response to the herald article going at JDL fees.

Banned

This is an ahole comment.
    Its not supposed to be a ripoff societal business. Its supposed to be a healthy viable option for ALL families to participate without being ripped off for a change.
    Clubs can still sign the best without being thieving grubs.
    Its the arrogance and thieving from clubs and this chump thinks its ok. Your stance on this is a disgrace to the game.

Its not a shot just at exorbitant community fees but JDL as well and rightly so.
    We have 1 muppet here saying its ok to charge what the people as much as they want which is stupid for a sport we are trying to grow in numbers.

Lets have a capped system for all junior formats and then if parents want to add money to a club or extra training they can.
    Last edited by samcan; 26-02-2022 at 12:48 AM.

$237 goes to Northern
    $900+ to the club
    $900 to the club?

That is why some damn good players dont come to this extortionate system.

Seriously people - ask your club what you get for your registration fees.
    I know of a large club paying:
    $40,000 for their grounds in Newcastle over the course of a year
    $25,000 for the presentation day (incl trophies, rides, food etc)
    $**,000 for maintenance and improvements (where Council are not fulfilling)
    $80,000pa for new uniforms every year that the kids keep (because they cannot find enough volunteers to collect, sort, store and manage every year)
    $*,000 every year subsidising development sessions with professional coaches (part parent paid /part club)
    $*,000 paying junior club refs for mini Roos
    Clubs have 3 streams of revenue available- regos, sponsorships and general fundraising. COVID has slowed sponsorship and fundraising difficult. If either of the last 2 are. It working as they should the last means is increasing rego fees - plain and simple - or you reduce your service level.
    All of this needs to be dispersed via regos, and if parents like and want this level of service they will pay for it.
    All I am saying is, every club is different in what they offer. What has been posted by NNSW is not a true representation - it is not apples vs apples.

Seriously people - ask your club what you get for your registration fees.
    I know of a large club paying:
    $40,000 for their grounds in Newcastle over the course of a year
    $25,000 for the presentation day (incl trophies, rides, food etc)
    $**,000 for maintenance and improvements (where Council are not fulfilling)
    $80,000pa for new uniforms every year that the kids keep (because they cannot find enough volunteers to collect, sort, store and manage every year)
    $*,000 every year subsidising development sessions with professional coaches (part parent paid /part club)
    $*,000 paying junior club refs for mini Roos
    Clubs have 3 streams of revenue available- regos, sponsorships and general fundraising. COVID has slowed sponsorship and fundraising difficult. If either of the last 2 are. It working as they should the last means is increasing rego fees - plain and simple - or you reduce your service level.
    All of this needs to be dispersed via regos, and if parents like and want this level of service they will pay for it.
    All I am saying is, every club is different in what they offer. What has been posted by NNSW is not a true representation - it is not apples vs apples.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    $900 to the club?

That is why some damn good players dont come to this extortionate system.
    people keep flogging this as a reason, but I'm yet to see some amazing lost talent come out of a community club where they pay $100 a season. Because players aren't made on talent.... It's a complete fallacy. even in the "old" days the best players had parents working two jobs to pay for them to go overseas, to fund their development and training, they didn't make it on goodwill and fresh air.

People who keep saying this are either deluded or dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    people keep flogging this as a reason, but I'm yet to see some amazing lost talent come out of a community club where they pay $100 a season. Because players aren't made on talent.... It's a complete fallacy. even in the "old" days the best players had parents working two jobs to pay for them to go overseas, to fund their development and training, they didn't make it on goodwill and fresh air.

People who keep saying this are either deluded or dreaming.
    Jesus Christ lady. How the hell can you see something that has been lost?

Just because you can pay the fees for your brilliant kids don’t mean everyone can. In fact most can’t. You and others talk about how SAP and youth fees compare with ballet and dancing and other sports. Ever thought parents are getting ripped off for them as well?

Soccer is the people’s game and anything near $1K a season is too much. Amateur clubs rinsing parents to pay first graders despite what Eland and lying club presos say is an outrage.

Community clubs do it tough but do it great. Support them don’t boot them

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Jesus Christ lady. How the hell can you see something that has been lost?

Just because you can pay the fees for your brilliant kids don’t mean everyone can. In fact most can’t. You and others talk about how SAP and youth fees compare with ballet and dancing and other sports. Ever thought parents are getting ripped off for them as well?

Soccer is the people’s game and anything near $1K a season is too much. Amateur clubs rinsing parents to pay first graders despite what Eland and lying club presos say is an outrage.

Community clubs do it tough but do it great. Support them don’t boot them
    The wrong assumption your making is the word “afford”. I pay because that’s what I want my kids to do and sacrifice in other areas for it, your assumption that it’s easy or otherwise is based on literally no information. It’s no different to kids that play tennis or anything else. If my kids wanted to play socially id chuck them into my local club and not drive and be out 4 afternoons a week. Lots of parents even with the money wouldn’t sacrifice the time and would leave their kids in the closest club because it’s not high on what they think is important.

My point had nothing to do with getting rid of community clubs. Just the endless excuse that “the next rising star” is missing out because of fees. You could make it free and the same parents still wouldn’t spend the time driving their kids and they’d still miss out.

If community sport is pricing out kids that’s a completely different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    The wrong assumption your making is the word “afford”. I pay because that’s what I want my kids to do and sacrifice in other areas for it, your assumption that it’s easy or otherwise is based on literally no information. It’s no different to kids that play tennis or anything else. If my kids wanted to play socially id chuck them into my local club and not drive and be out 4 afternoons a week. Lots of parents even with the money wouldn’t sacrifice the time and would leave their kids in the closest club because it’s not high on what they think is important.

My point had nothing to do with getting rid of community clubs. Just the endless excuse that “the next rising star” is missing out because of fees. You could make it free and the same parents still wouldn’t spend the time driving their kids and they’d still miss out.

If community sport is pricing out kids that’s a completely different issue.
    Delusional and clueless. there are many families who would love to be able to make some sacrifices to afford premier football. Unfortunately for those families, the choice is between rego or food on the table.

Consider yourself lucky that maybe you forego some personal enjoyment for your kids enjoyment, but some literally don’t have that wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    Delusional and clueless. there are many families who would love to be able to make some sacrifices to afford premier football. Unfortunately for those families, the choice is between rego or food on the table.

Consider yourself lucky that maybe you forego some personal enjoyment for your kids enjoyment, but some literally donÂ’t have that wiggle room.
    Again, you don't know what I am or am not forgoing?

The point wasn't about kids enjoyment in community football, the comment was about how much "talent" is falling by the wayside because of the cost of higher development. The counter point is that even back in Timmy cahills day and earlier his mother worked 2 jobs and his brother quit school to work to pay for his football.

The insulation that it has EVER been easy or cheap to get to that level in this country is the fallacy, like things have somehow changed?

Mat Ryans mum - "When I played junior football and went to Westfields High she did things like negotiate the fees were paid off in instalments because, as a clerk for a transport company, it was impossible to pay them in one lump sum."

Craig Johnsons parents sold their house to send him overseas.

When you are talking poverty at the levels of not putting food on the table, the issues are MUCH bigger then playing football. Clothing, Health, Education, Housing affordability, public transport all need to be addressed. You'd could make football free and those kids would still miss out because their parents don't have a car, or can't afford fuel, or can't afford to buy boots to play. It becomes a significantly more complex issue for society then the cost of football fees.

I would argue for those in poverty just about any organised sport even just in the community is inaccessible for them and its just as crap as the public transport system, housing affordability and petrol prices. we live in a country with an extremely high cost of living.