Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So where the money going at your club Plague??

I taking it they not a NPL club??

Who is actually pocketing this cash??
    Most clubs have already had some sort of trial or selection for SAP, what are they charging around the town?

Ha ha "pocketing this cash" do you have any idea what it takes to run a football club and the costs that are involved?

Take into account registration fees (NNSW/FFA), Match officials, Kits and gear, ground hire, Council lighting fees, Coaching costs and you don't end up with much left.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Ha ha "pocketing this cash" do you have any idea what it takes to run a football club and the costs that are involved?

Take into account registration fees (NNSW/FFA), Match officials, Kits and gear, ground hire, Council lighting fees, Coaching costs and you don't end up with much left.
    Give us a transparent breakdown of a club then?

Unless the coaches are taking a heap, and the kit is playing gear/training/off field kit, the rest doesn't add up to $700+.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Give us a transparent breakdown of a club then?

Unless the coaches are taking a heap, and the kit is playing gear/training/off field kit, the rest doesn't add up to $700+.
    Rego fees are around half.

Say you sign 9 players for $6k.
    Then,
    Rego fees with FFA / NNSW are $3k - This also pays for ground & training hire, match officials at Hub
    Kits cost $1500 (Average $150-$200 per player for full SAP licenced playing kit. Off field wear and training kits)
    Assume Coach costs $1k (not sure on this or what is standard)
    Training gear $500

Nothing left over for a club's overheads. It's not as simple as some think.

im sure they'll offer up a breakdown if asked.
    as mentioned, for 30 games and 2 nights per week coaching, kit etc that $700-$800 figure seems on par.
    the coaches our club have involved are credentialed and wouldnt (nor shouldnt) be doing it for free.

as a parent, the easy option to save money is to just not do the program.

the cash doesnt concern me, our family is lucky we can afford it.

but.

my concern is the actual type of coaching the kid will receive. from the trials it seemed they went after one particular 'type' of player. but after seeing some of the kids selected, i was pleasantly surprised. it looks like the club is trying to build a team, not just a bunch of kids doing tricks.

if this is the philosophy, im keeping him in (as long as he continues to get selected). but if it reverts to just teaching them a bunch of flicks and tricks then ill sit him in front of Zidane and Iniesta DVD's instead and save the money.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    im sure they'll offer up a breakdown if asked.
    as mentioned, for 30 games and 2 nights per week coaching, kit etc that $700-$800 figure seems on par.
    the coaches our club have involved are credentialed and wouldnt (nor shouldnt) be doing it for free.

as a parent, the easy option to save money is to just not do the program.

the cash doesnt concern me, our family is lucky we can afford it.

but.

my concern is the actual type of coaching the kid will receive. from the trials it seemed they went after one particular 'type' of player. but after seeing some of the kids selected, i was pleasantly surprised. it looks like the club is trying to build a team, not just a bunch of kids doing tricks.

if this is the philosophy, im keeping him in (as long as he continues to get selected). but if it reverts to just teaching them a bunch of flicks and tricks then ill sit him in front of Zidane and Iniesta DVD's instead and save the money.
    Just stick to Iniesta.

Zidane was alright but if you want to teach a kid how to play the game then Iniesta is the man

Disagree though about the bit about the coaches shouldn't be doing it for free.

It the money people are paying for programs such as this that are seeing a lot of people making a living or some income from the game

Judging by the end results and the lack of world class players this country produces they ain't worth being paid when other nations can produce world class players and the coaches are not being paid like they get in this back water of a country

Disagree though about the bit about the coaches shouldn't be doing it for free.
    Why should they do it for free?

Grassroots should be cheap but any sort of rep or credentialed coach deserves a few $ imo.

The other problem with average grade player fees is not with, "pocketing cash" as i think that would be rare, but taking on projects (not the usual upkeep) that increases fees and that many parents might not think is needed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Why should they do it for free?
    Seems to be done elsewhere in the world

But no in this country everyone needs a hand out

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    It fits with FFA's model where u/14 is part of the game training phase, shape and structure rather than skill development. 9-13 is skill acquisition phase which is the youth component of the C Licence.

It's a big commitment for the coaches but the courses are well worth it. If we're serious about improving the standard then it's a must to do these courses so the kids get the benefit of educated coaches.

The issue for the coaches is the $ don't yet match the commitment and hours required to coach at this level.

Having done the C Licence- Youth I can tell you the components and requirements to obtain the licence was much more about the game-training phase and teaching that rather than the skill acquisition phase. A training plan on game training had to be drawn up and then the game-training component of the plan had to be conducted and assessed. The requirements to obtain the full C-licence also required a skill-acquisition training plan to be drawn up and conducted. Not sure why those doing both Senior and Youth had to do Skill-Acq and those only doing Youth only had to do a game training component but what is actually taught doesn't fit with your reasoning.

C-licence Youth is suitable for U14-U16 YPL coaches.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 15-10-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Did anyone else see that Blacktown City are charging $1,500 (includes kit ) for PreSAP program, Under 5-6?

Seriously a joke now..
    That price is not even a new concept.

It the money people are paying for programs such as this that are seeing a lot of people making a living or some income from the game
    What club is playing a living wage for their junior coaches? I want in.

Judging by the end results and the lack of world class players this country produces they ain't worth being paid when other nations can produce world class players and the coaches are not being paid like they get in this back water of a country
    I would like a source on this claim that the countries that produce star players don't pay their coaches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    What club is playing a living wage for their junior coaches? I want in.

I would like a source on this claim that the countries that produce star players don't pay their coaches.
    Argentina you think they paying coaches to produce your Messi's and Maradona's and Agueros etc

You think Brazil are paying coaches to produce your Neymar's Ronaldinho Fat Ronnie's etc??

The coaching they getting in their formative years is unpaid if they even getting coached at all

It ain't to they getting to a Euro Club they getting training under some certificate laden bloke getting paid to do the job

Argentina you think they paying coaches to produce your Messi's and Maradona's and Agueros etc

You think Brazil are paying coaches to produce your Neymar's Ronaldinho Fat Ronnie's etc??

The coaching they getting in their formative years is unpaid if they even getting coached at all

It ain't to they getting to a Euro Club they getting training under some certificate laden bloke getting paid to do the job
    Can you try writing this again? Your inability to compose a sentence without missing, incorrect words and basic grammar makes deciphering your posts incredibly difficult.

Also you saying something happens isn't proof.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Can you try writing this again? Your inability to compose a sentence without missing, incorrect words and basic grammar makes deciphering your posts incredibly difficult.

Also you saying something happens isn't proof.
    Just as you saying that coaches in Sth America get paid to produce players isn't proof either.

Reality is that outside of the top tier of football in every country on the planet there is **** all $$$ floating around

People actually do the job for the love of the game and to help others

But in this country there is cash going to mid level coaching

But no in this shit country it all about some entitlement to be paid to put some witches hats out

Active Kids warns unwarranted price hikes
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/52...o-fees/?cs=305
    Could be a big drop in participants if the active kids bonus goes

Name and shame the clubs.

Plenty didn't put fees up, maybe they should be praised/promoted instead of worrying about those who took advantage of the rebates. Sad thing is, the parents keep going back when there are plenty of other options (for Newcastle and Macquarie players) without having to travel too far.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Name and shame the clubs.

Plenty didn't put fees up, maybe they should be praised/promoted instead of worrying about those who took advantage of the rebates. Sad thing is, the parents keep going back when there are plenty of other options (for Newcastle and Macquarie players) without having to travel too far.
    Newcastle Football has to approve a club's registration for the upcoming season with the club providing a detailed spreadsheet of the breakdown in expenses. Clubs are justifying their increases to the fed. Ref fees, council fees and fed fees have all increased from last season.

We kept our fees the same. There was no point in raising fees for entry level children when all that is going to happen is the club gets bigger and stronger.
    In fact, 5-7 years are free rego if you use the Active Kids voucher. Which is how it should be.

Those parents complaining and thinking that their cricket fees are going to increase in Summer clearly haven't read the terms of the Active kids voucher and noticed that you only get one a year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Newcastle Football has to approve a club's registration for the upcoming season with the club providing a detailed spreadsheet of the breakdown in expenses. Clubs are justifying their increases to the fed. Ref fees, council fees and fed fees have all increased from last season.
    I know exactly what all the fees went up by in relation to the breakdowns across the board. I went through the process of setting the fees for our club and having them approved by Macquarie. You can not argue that though there isn't a big disparity between the increases that clubs have applied for, it can not be just a coincidence that there have been some big fee increases at some clubs at the same time as there is a $100 rebate on offer.

Our junior fees went up by from between $10 (U6) through to $20 (U17) for juniors. That is taking into account all the increases in fees across the Refs, Councils, NNSW, FFA, etc. We are not taking a loss by setting our fees this way.

I'm disjointed that the herald only focused on those clubs with the big increases. They should go as far as pointing out the many clubs did not seek a big increase in fees. Let the parents know that there is options if the fees concern them.