I was on my way home from work today, and i decided to drop into a local club and watch the young kids training. They were running around laughing, smiling with not a worry in the world. It really brought a smile to my face.
However, while the kids seemed to be having a great deal of fun i don't think they were really developing any of the skills needed to progress to the next level. I do find this a bit alarming, don't get be wrong i fully understand that some of these kids ain't to worried about the next level and most of the coaches are just parents who've put their hand up when no one else would. Kudos to you for that. But i really think with the establishment of the new NPL competition, that the clubs in the premier division need to take a little responsibility along with NNSW. As they both have the "best" coaches working for them. Id really love to see some of the NPL coaches getting out once a fortnight or at least once a month, and help some of the coaches at the grassroots level. Maybe run a session ect ect ect.... I really think this would make a world of difference in the long run (over the next 5-10yrs)
Im interested in what other people involved in newcastle football think ?????