Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Grassroots Football

I was on my way home from work today, and i decided to drop into a local club and watch the young kids training. They were running around laughing, smiling with not a worry in the world. It really brought a smile to my face.
    However, while the kids seemed to be having a great deal of fun i don't think they were really developing any of the skills needed to progress to the next level. I do find this a bit alarming, don't get be wrong i fully understand that some of these kids ain't to worried about the next level and most of the coaches are just parents who've put their hand up when no one else would. Kudos to you for that. But i really think with the establishment of the new NPL competition, that the clubs in the premier division need to take a little responsibility along with NNSW. As they both have the "best" coaches working for them. Id really love to see some of the NPL coaches getting out once a fortnight or at least once a month, and help some of the coaches at the grassroots level. Maybe run a session ect ect ect.... I really think this would make a world of difference in the long run (over the next 5-10yrs)
    Im interested in what other people involved in newcastle football think ?????

fees for 5-7 yr olds

FFA Junior NRF 2016 $12.60 Football Federation Australia

Entry 5-7 $38.00 NNSWF - Newcastle Football

Entry Level (5-7 Years) $14.40 Northern NSW Football

Mini Roos Mixed U6-U7 $100.00 Club fees
    ffa 12.60? to fund retarded olyroos campaigns?

nnsw and newcastle football taking a chunk

club gets $100. who's paying insurance?

5-7 yr old football should never equate to this

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    fees for 5-7 yr olds

Maybe I am misreading this but are Northern double dipping here with two taxes on kids??

fees for 5-7 yr olds

Our club takes $50 out of the rego of its junior players, not $100. Insurance comes from the affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Maybe I am misreading this but are Northern double dipping here with two taxes on kids??
    Northern take one chunk, FFA a chunk, Macquarie/Newcastle a chunk, Council takes a chunk and the club adds in what it can without making the whole rego not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Our club takes $50 out of the rego of its junior players, not $100. Insurance comes from the affiliation.

Northern take one chunk, FFA a chunk, Macquarie/Newcastle a chunk, Council takes a chunk and the club adds in what it can without making the whole rego not too expensive.
    i think the other offices are taking advantage. nsw is couldnt give a **** about littlies. Im guessing Newcastle $38 is insurance.

The clubs are the places that need the funds. Newcastle perm provides a crap load of stuff for the 5,6,7's including shin pads and a ball.

rego should be $50 at these ages

Insurance is included with the NNSW component of the fee.

See below email I was sent regarding Newcastle Perm sponsorship..

"With Regos ramping up and NNSWF advertising via the media and print you may/will notice that Entry Level players will only receive ‘a Ball’ for registering in 2016; due to a decision to redirect some sponsorship funds NNSWF will not be suppling Shin Pads this season.
    Newcastle Football acknowledges that each player within the Entry Level group should be equipped to start their football season; Newcastle Football therefore has placed an order and will be ensuring that each Entry Level (6’s &7’s) player receives a pair of Shin Pads for 2016."

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

What some people don't realise is that fields are also charged by councils for both training and game day, small amount for line marking, not sure if refs are paid, IIRC the mini-roos have the coaches on the field as game guiders so no fee. But depends on what else the club wants to lash out for the young ones and whatever sponsorship they get.

Bit rich for Northern to decide to take money away from their next batch of kids to fill their EJ program but good on NF for filling in the gap. Is Lake Macquarie and Hunter Valley doing the same?

wow , we better make sure Little Kickers are affiliated with an NPL club .

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post

Bit rich for Northern to decide to take money away from their next batch of kids to fill their EJ program but good on NF for filling in the gap. Is Lake Macquarie and Hunter Valley doing the same?
    Here is what Macquarie has advised its clubs;

"Northern NSW Football is about to begin their advertising for 2016. You will note in their “Entry Level” advertising, when you see it, that they are only stating that “Entry Level” players will be receiving a free Ball.

However, the good news is that Macquarie Football has sourced and will purchase Shin Pads for all “Entry Level” players. Feel free to advertise that you Club will be supplying a free ball and shin pads to all U/6 and U/7 players."
    Last edited by sammydog; 05-02-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Hunter Valley have done the same.

costs $90 to sign up for afl and nrl in start up ages. something stinks here and im pointing the finger at our governing bodies.

Any idea what that redirection of sponsorship is Magician?

I feel we need more transparency to see where money is going.

Ill bet there is some big money going on stupid schemes or into coffers that are not showing any valuable return and its the parents, kids, clubs and volunteers that are suffering

$90 is cheap for kids sport and you can see why parents would look at that option, I wonder how much of that cheap rego is subsidised by those sports big TV deals?

Our U6's and U7's are $145 and the club itself gets very little from it. We have to take a small cut as we are aware we are competing with not only other clubs, but also other sports. Thats said, we (the sport at all levels) shouldn't be trying to make big dollars of the junior side of the sport.

costs $90 to sign up for afl and nrl in start up ages. something stinks here and im pointing the finger at our governing bodies.

Any idea what that redirection of sponsorship is Magician?

I feel we need more transparency to see where money is going.

Ill bet there is some big money going on stupid schemes or into coffers that are not showing any valuable return and its the parents, kids, clubs and volunteers that are suffering
    no idea where the sponsorship is being redirected too.. they didnt say anything so who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    no idea where the sponsorship is being redirected too.. they didnt say anything so who knows..
    Pretty sure we can say it's not being directed somewhere else in local football.

An interesting but probably well known issue in junior football. Article is about Sydney juniors. Bit about AFL and League funding juniors from top down due to big tv money and football funding bottom up.

Maybe not a problem here until npl clubs and emerging jets
    Last edited by hawk; 05-11-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Everything is fine with Newcastle Youth fees (elite and plebs) apparently. Sif Eland cares what parents pay

Junior rego fees 2017

Lambton u/6 $120 u/8 $140
    Garden Suburb u/6 $155 u/8 $175
    Adamstown u/6 $160 u/8 $185
    New Lambton (scabs) u/6 $215 u/8 $225

We can see which club is working real hard upgrading their facilities through parent money.

Junior rego fees 2017

We can see which club is working real hard upgrading their facilities through parent money.
    I get what you are saying and agree but the reality is that most parents will happily pay $$$ if they think it will enhance thier child's progress
    Emerging Jets wouldn't exist if this wasn't true
    I would imagine the $215 for U/6 is a fair hike over last years cost......would be interesting to see if they lose numbers or maybe grow .........

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    I get what you are saying and agree but the reality is that most parents will happily pay $$$ if they think it will enhance thier child's progress
    Emerging Jets wouldn't exist if this wasn't true
    I would imagine the $215 for U/6 is a fair hike over last years cost......would be interesting to see if they lose numbers or maybe grow .........
    Here is the thing though, we regularly loose players at our club to NPL or SAP programs. For us as a community club, thats job done and we are happy to see the kids move onto these programs that are above what we cater for. We actually encourage our better kids to trial for elite programs.

But you don't have to start out in the development clubs in the mini-roos stages to get there. If anything its the parents that push the kids that way at a young age, which allows the clubs to charge the premium rego costs. I dont think you will see a drop in numbers at any of the clubs charging higher regos. Our registration so far hasn't seen movement of players away from these clubs.

Where we get hurt is there is not players returning to the club when they drop out of the elite programs. So we loose a few kids in an age group to these programs and numbers in our squads become very tight as there is limited movement of players in the opposite direction.

Junior rego fees 2017

When I have looked at what other clubs are charging, for the most part the community clubs are all pretty close in what they charge.

Then you see some clubs and think, how do they make it so cheap, and you see others where it is so high the money is either propping up first grade or subsidising facility upgrades. But from these figures, looking at say New Lambton, if the money is going to facilities, that is a huge pot of money there just on the increased rego. Good luck to them if the parents are willing to pay it, if not, there are plenty off clubs that would be happy to take on the extra kids.

Lambtons seems insanely low though. Thats pretty much break even with nothing coming to the club for a Macquarie Club (once you factor in FFA/NNSW/Macquarie/Council), If they have a sponsor subsidising kids regos then that is awesome.

We are working hard at Garden Suburb to upgrade our facilities, but the kids wont be paying for it through increased rego. But if another club has done their research and the members/parents are happy to pay an increased rego for ground/facility upgrades, then I dont see that as an issue either. I only see an issue if the Junior Rego is propping up a first grade squad or elite program.
    Last edited by sammydog; 05-02-2017 at 11:27 AM.

I'd love to see a breakdown of the u6 cost, $215 is extreme to say the least