Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Football NSW has been running the community champions of champions since 1968, before NNSW was created teams up here played in it.

Garden Suburb won the U16's in 1990 beating Abruzzi in the final.

List of past winners here. https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-conten...ory-2018-1.pdf
    Very interesting. So, they had an U10 competition as soon ago as 2010?

Newcastle Football have advertised for their new TD.

Link

Main points
    • Minimum B Licence
    • Accredited to facilitate coaching courses
    • Continuation of NET for Under 10's & 11's
    • Establish a training program for Under 9-11 girls
    • Conduct April and July skills clinics
    • Facilitate a summer training program

25hrs p/w @ $15,000 p/a
    You're definitely in it for the love and not the money

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    talking of RH, i wqs told last season that magic would not send kids to RH's summer Wallarah comp, but i now see some magic kids playing in it. do magic know or did the dads just ignore what magic said?????

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    talking of RH, i wqs told last season that magic would not send kids to RH's summer Wallarah comp, but i now see some magic kids playing in it. do magic know or did the dads just ignore what magic said?????
    One of the 8 team coaches is a magic coach as well.

I think anyone who is playing there from Magic has decided for themselves to do it as I heard similar to yourself, there was no active encouragement from the club to get their players to participate.

http://pfa.net.au/wp-content/uploads...rt_DIGITAL.pdf

Some interesting conclusions in this report if people haven’t seen it.

Link

Main points
    • Minimum B Licence

25hrs p/w @ $15,000 p/a
    Any1 heard about the NF TD yet? New season not far off and they'll need to get bed in before it all kicks off

https://www.nrsfc.com.au/news-articl...FCBA7C2DC7F9DA

I came across this and thought it was a great idea - North Rocks Soccer Club in Sydney offer to refund playing registrations to any adult player who coaches one of their Junior teams with no blood relatives in the squad. Seems a great incentive to get people with playing experience (and who might be interested in coaching, but no real incentive to do it) to put their hand up and coach kids. Any clubs in the Newcastle / Lake Macquarie area offer something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    https://www.nrsfc.com.au/news-articl...FCBA7C2DC7F9DA

I came across this and thought it was a great idea - North Rocks Soccer Club in Sydney offer to refund playing registrations to any adult player who coaches one of their Junior teams with no blood relatives in the squad. Seems a great incentive to get people with playing experience (and who might be interested in coaching, but no real incentive to do it) to put their hand up and coach kids. Any clubs in the Newcastle / Lake Macquarie area offer something similar?
    That's excellent.

Link

Main points
    • Minimum B Licence

25hrs p/w @ $15,000 p/a
    https://newcastlefootball.com.au/wp-...ll-Manager.pdf

NF re-advertising the TD gig - now called "Football Manager". Same hrs and $$ as the TD advert but they dropped the clinics and summer NET frm the job. Main NET still there which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    https://newcastlefootball.com.au/wp-...ll-Manager.pdf

NF re-advertising the TD gig - now called "Football Manager". Same hrs and $$ as the TD advert but they dropped the clinics and summer NET frm the job. Main NET still there which is good.

Accreditation dropped to a C license requirement too, with noly a plan to get B license.

The more time a kid spends with a ball at their feet the faster they will develop. That tip was for free but I am planning to write a book about the knowledge I have gained in the sport.

Very Interesting read around the cost of football:

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/t...R3siZ5bQWa1Y1c
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Why are juniors paying Football Australia or Northern? Thats $50 extra for kids u6 to U12 who should be propping up these jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    Why are juniors paying Football Australia or Northern? Thats $50 extra for kids u6 to U12 who should be propping up these jerks.
    Peter Haynes Football Development Manager for NNSW Football
    HOW is he still employed in this role as the football development in NNSW is atrocious. NNSW football don't even have a full time Technical director

Who is responsible for the Jets kids NNSW or Jets? Now that football trials have started again there is so much talk about kids quitting and going back to Clubs and the following merry go round which includes people not wanting to play for the Jets if asked.

Angry

Why on earth is there a 'NNSW Facilities Fund Contribution' on top of the levy already paid to NNSW. Why should families (many living 100s of kms from Speers points) that just have their kids playing for pure fun and wholesome exercise be paying for the facilities at Speers Point?? It's pure arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post

Remove the $14 the FA charge kids and it does nothing to decrease the cost of Football.

Some clubs charge a shit load. Interesting to see the average in the Hunter region and know that some clubs charge their U5-U7 more than the average for U12-U18
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 25-02-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Remove the $14 the FA charge kids and it does nothing to decrease the cost of Football.

Some clubs charge a shit load. Interesting to see the average in the Hunter region and know that some clubs charge their U5-U7 more than the average for U12-U18

FA turds taking any $ is just shear arrogance. Socceroo's must be financed from top down. Community football does not need Northern. Northern charge like a wounded bull for any assistance including coaching courses anyway. Our juniors deserve better than this.

As for clubs, some are way over the mark. Others just scrape by. NL have always slugged their kids the most.

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/2...ry-level-fees/
    U6s
    NL 270
    Valo 275

I would suggest boycott and go elsewhere if you dont live to close.
    Last edited by JustMe; 25-02-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post

Yup, New Lambton and Valentine should deservingly be copping some questions from parents.

My kids miniroos club charged $180 which was inclusive of paying for game leader fees, uniform & the end of season presentation & trophy costs.
    So $180 without a single extra cost through the season.

I know some of the clubs that charge very low fees will then have follow on costs additional to registration.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Who is responsible for the Jets kids NNSW or Jets? Now that football trials have started again there is so much talk about kids quitting and going back to Clubs and the following merry go round which includes people not wanting to play for the Jets if asked.
    U15s had to rebuild. So they will need some time. 13s 14s 16s are decent squads. 18s had a bad loss 1st up.

There are also players who initially declined to play and no cannot get in.

Granted, It isnt a great setup right now but some clubs talk hard to retain quality players for their own results then to lose them.