Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    The problem with comparing Football rego fees with other sports - League Aussie Rules and Cricket - is that they are owned and prioritised by our major national media outlets, providing massive revenue streams.

AFL junior rego is subsidised by NAB sponsorship.
    FFA have every right in the world to have a similar structure.

But they dont.

as for this continuous tin foil bullshit about the media hating sockah, tell me how the media are causing FIFA to intervene in the FFA board restructure issue?

The dopes at FFA can't even set up a head office, yet you think those darn News Ltd journos are to blame.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    AFL junior rego is subsidised by NAB sponsorship.
    FFA have every right in the world to have a similar structure.

But they dont.

as for this continuous tin foil bullshit about the media hating sockah, tell me how the media are causing FIFA to intervene in the FFA board restructure issue?

The dopes at FFA can't even set up a head office, yet you think those darn News Ltd journos are to blame.

Ok.
    So the $Billion+ tv rights don't filter down to grassroots?? That's news to me. NAB might be one sponsor, but hardly the biggest. The AFL via their media winfall are by far the biggest.

Banned
    So the $Billion+ tv rights don't filter down to grassroots?? That's news to me. NAB might be one sponsor, but hardly the biggest. The AFL via their media winfall are by far the biggest.
    Hey if a billion $$ business like NAB can see value in sponsoring junior aerial ping pong as they feel there is value in targeting a relationship with the young kids playing it and their parents then the real question is why the ****tards at FFA who have countless more juniors across the nation are not on a similar if not better wicket

????

People say there no money in soccer in this country

They wrong it just goes in the wrong places with people leaching off it for a quid

So it works out that $360m cash per year of which they give $240m to clubs (11/18 clubs running at a loss).

You obviously own a computer so I'll let you break down where the other $120m goes. You are the one trying to prove the point remember.

I'll help though. NAB specifically funds junior development, which subsidises junior regos.

That's my point.

The FFA does not have a corresponding agreement despite being in charge of what everyone keeps telling me is the biggest and bestest sport eva.

Instead of continually deflecting to other sports as somehow having it easier or better or whatever look to the custodians of the game in our country who can't seem to even make their own beds at the moment.

The only way any structure will come to the game is the abolition of the individual federations.

But for some reason we keep getting told these federations are 'powerful'.

(Rightly or wrongly) the government is always the most powerful, it's always the issue whether that power is ever used to do what's right for the people, or what's right for the government.

So someone explain to me how these federations hold any power at all?

FFA doesn't have corresponding media support and promotional value. Hence not as easy to get corporate sponsorship. Simple to understand, but agreed that FFA could and should be doing more.

FFA doesn't have corresponding media support and promotional value. Hence not as easy to get corporate sponsorship. Simple to understand, but agreed that FFA could and should be doing more.
    So the AFL started like that?
    Nope.

They been playing soccer in Australia same amount of time than AFL yeah?

In that time one comp seems to have built itself something pretty big the other, not so much.

FFA have the biggest sporting brand in the world to work with and still cock it up.

Media gives sport the money because they have a product worth investing in.
    You seem to think AFL won the lotto or something.

Media own it. Can't you get it? Soccer perhaps should sell its soul.

Can't you get it? Soccer perhaps should sell its soul.

Oh man oh man oh man.

I can't do this anymore.

Good luck with everything.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Thank goodness. You seemed to really let it upset you.

Banned
    The only way any structure will come to the game is the abolition of the individual federations.

But for some reason we keep getting told these federations are 'powerful'.

(Rightly or wrongly) the government is always the most powerful, it's always the issue whether that power is ever used to do what's right for the people, or what's right for the government.

So someone explain to me how these federations hold any power at all?
    They hold power as when The guberment gave Lowy free reign with Soccer Australia he didn't abolish them like he should have

As a result the clowns on the state feds get votes on how FFA operates

Currently these clowns have 9 votes
    The HAL clubs 1 between them

You think they going to want to give that up??

This hole thing with FFA and FIFA is interesting

On one hand they need to give up some power to the club's
    But they also need to reign the state feds powers in

There is most of the problem in relation to FIFA reform and why it going slow

its all ok now guys i know my SAP from my NET its all clear as mud etc etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Plague speaks some definite truths in regards to sponsorship of junior sports.

The best we can muster is Aldi being naming sponsors for MiniRoos, and even that doesn't translate to registration cost savings for entry level players. The most we get is a size 3 ball for each new player.

Does anyone's kids play/have played that Milo cricket?
    Any insight into costs etc?

Quick check online shows me that the clubs closest to me (Muswellbrook, Scone, Denman) all charge $75 for the Milo In2Cricket, and Singleton is $100 for the same comp and $100 for the Milo T20Blast

FYI Stocko 6/7s is $70. Don't think they pay any fees throughout the year. Highly likely includes some freebies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    FYI Stocko 6/7s is $70. Don't think they pay any fees throughout the year. Highly likely includes some freebies too.
    Football? $70? Geez Louise that seems weird.

Football? $70? Geez Louise that seems weird.
    Yep. Seen huge growth in participation over the past few years in that age bracket.

Do you know what it is for U8/U9?

Just curious if some clubs are taking a strategic hit in the U6/7 to get kids in the door?

Stockton is well placed though as kids in the area are unlikely to play any another club.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Do you know what it is for U8/U9?

Just curious if some clubs are taking a strategic hit in the U6/7 to get kids in the door?

Stockton is well placed though as kids in the area are unlikely to play any another club.
    Others would be better equipped to answer. Always limited on population though. Only so many illegal immigrants we can fit on the peninsula.