Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnie's out - Who's in???

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    lol guys.

Anyone not a Jets fan right now could put 2 and 2 together, makes us look like a laughing stock.
    This. Why sack existing staff before you sign a new coach, unless you were confident, that a, you would get said coach, and b, he would be bringing his own staff?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

i'll cut the club some slack and work on the assumption that Sydney are willing to pay far in excess of what we can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i'll cut the club some slack and work on the assumption that Sydney are willing to pay far in excess of what we can afford.
    Was mentioned last week that the SFC offer was more than Jets + NZ offers combined.

Banned
    Don't understand what your blowing up about Thomas.

This could be Middlebys finest piece of work yet

Saving us from the Gypo Overlord in the midnight hour of desperation.

****ING GENIUS

NOW ROBBIE

SIGN GRIFF FFS

Fair point, MFKS, but if Sydney go on to win the league with Arnie in charge, and we again, don't make the top 60% of teams in the league, won't we look the fools.

The only reason we won't win the spoon next year is because Perth are a bigger joke than us ATM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I hope it played out like this...

Player revolt, lead by Griff, demanding that the club reject any former gypo overlord as potential boss. Players are one thing, coaching staff another. Middleby refused, got sack whacked and voila, no more Gypo Overlord.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Fair point, MFKS, but if Sydney go on to win the league with Arnie in charge, and we again, don't make the top 60% of teams in the league, won't we look the fools.

The only reason we won't win the spoon next year is because Perth are a bigger joke than us ATM.
    Regardless of where Arnie goes and regardless of what success he may have at their club the reality is we still have to find the right man to lead us to the promised land and get us into the top 60% of the League.

This is quite achievable and I would even offer that even InZane if giving the full season could actually achieve it.

We are a long way from winning a title but we ain't that far enough away that making the promised land of the Top 6 is an impossible achievement

Our success in this relies on us and our management being the right choices. That we actually do control

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This is quite achievable and I would even offer that even InZane if giving the full season could actually achieve it.
    Zane's points per game was worse than GVE's this season. So unless Zane can miraculously fix things and work out how to read a game next season, I call that complete nonsense.

^ I thought we were shitter after Zane took over, and this was only covered up by the fact that we had Griff and Carney come into the team. But that might just be me.

Either way, if we are serious about wanting to do well next season then we won't have Zane as coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

^ I thought we were shitter after Zane took over, and this was only covered up by the fact that we had Griff and Carney come into the team. But that might just be me.

Either way, if we are serious about wanting to do well next season then we won't have Zane as coach.
    nah, I agree, so you aren't alone in that respect.

agree even more with your last sentence.

Definitely not just you. He had Griff and Carney and got less points per game than GVE. Disc race.

Also doesn't help that he missed glaring opportunities to kill off games or was 15 minutes late to react to obvious swings in momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Regardless of where Arnie goes and regardless of what success he may have at their club the reality is we still have to find the right man to lead us to the promised land and get us into the top 60% of the League.

We are a long way from winning a title but we ain't that far enough away that making the promised land of the Top 6 is an impossible achievement

Our success in this relies on us and our management being the right choices. That we actually do control
    Coaching is one thing and Clayton Zane might be able to handle that.

The one thing that the Jets have never been good at is scouting new talent. We had Remo set up the initial Jets and that all went well until the team imploded. The Jets have never again been on the front foot when it comes to recruitment.

Even with the likes of Taggart, Brillante (who were a one time deal from GVE's exposure to them) and Heskey, the team wasn't really performing until Griffiths and Carney came along late in the season to add quality out wide. We had Burns on a half season loan etc. It's always a patch up job. It's no way to run a professional sporting franchise.

I doubt Clayton would be able to source or attract some exciting but relatively unknown creative players from Spain (as an example).
    Last edited by hausmann; 01-05-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Definitely not just you. He had Griff and Carney and got less points per game than GVE. Disc race.

Also doesn't help that he missed glaring opportunities to kill off games or was 15 minutes late to react to obvious swings in momentum.
    at the likes of you, militia, bel, etc judging Zane purely on the results he got on the back end of the season.

He had someone elses squad. He had SFA time to implement his philosophy as (brace yourself militia, heartbreaks coming your way) GVE had completely fxxxed our team up.

Wasn't it militia himself who gave GVE more than 2 seasons, and probably still thinks, that he couldn't properly be judged results-wise because he hadn't had enough time to form his own squad & build his own philosophies?

Zane went from taking a team that was never, ever the same each week that played the most mind-fxxx-filled tactics you've ever seen, to going to a set starting XI who were implored to keep it simple. And the players responded very positively to it IMO.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    at the likes of you, militia, bel, etc judging Zane purely on the results he got on the back end of the season.

He had someone elses squad. He had SFA time to implement his philosophy as (brace yourself militia, heartbreaks coming your way) GVE had completely fxxxed our team up.

Wasn't it militia himself who gave GVE more than 2 seasons, and probably still thinks, that he couldn't properly be judged results-wise because he hadn't had enough time to form his own squad & build his own philosophies?

Zane went from taking a team that was never, ever the same each week that played the most mind-fxxx-filled tactics you've ever seen, to going to a set starting XI who were implored to keep it simple. And the players responded very positively to it IMO.
    **** building his own squads. The guy doesn't have a ****ing clue how to change a game. "Oh shit, Perth are suddenly dominating us in a game we need to win. That's alright, I will wait another 15 minutes till we completely cock it up as I have the excuse of it being someone elses squad".

**** off, he is a gimp and can **** off with Deans and co as far as I am concerned.

**** building his own squads. The guy doesn't have a ****ing clue how to change a game. "Oh shit, Perth are suddenly dominating us in a game we need to win. That's alright, I will wait another 15 minutes till we completely cock it up as I have the excuse of it being someone elses squad".

**** off, he is a gimp and can **** off with Deans and co as far as I am concerned.
    Tell us what you really think, Grim..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Tell us what you really think, Grim..
    Still angry at all the awesome disc golf pv4 has on his doorstep now that Rathmines has a PERMANENT course.

****ing pv4.

Still angry at all the awesome disc golf pv4 has on his doorstep now that Rathmines has a PERMANENT course.

****ing pv4.
    m8 go easy, I haven't been able to play disc golf for several months after the injury I occured when I was playing with Gary Fish, Bon, sammydog, q-mun, militiamon, stretch & superdyl during our bi-weekly DG game @ Jesso. It was a shame too - I was trying to impress Rubez and the other Jerks players who came down after we casually invited them to come check it out, and popped my shoulder throwing too hard.
    OK

Agree with what Grimario said. He made some shit decisions on game-days that ultimately cost us a place in the finals.
    His prior record with the W-League team speaks for itself.

No matter how you spin it, having Zane appointed as our coach next season will be a very disappointing outcome.

Edit: Oh yeah and for the record, I definitely DID think GVE needed to go. There were some positives to his time in charge, but in the end he couldn't get the results after 2 years in charge, and his shit man-management also cost us.

Replacing him with Zane mid-way through the season was a bad decision though imo.
    Last edited by militiamon; 01-05-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    m8 go easy, I haven't been able to play disc golf for several months after the injury I occured when I was playing with Gary Fish, Bon, sammydog, q-mun, militiamon, stretch & superdyl during our bi-weekly DG game @ Jesso. It was a shame too - I was trying to impress Rubez and the other Jerks players who came down after we casually invited them to come check it out, and popped my shoulder throwing too hard.
    You should probably check out the Rathmines course then. Think there is a working bee of sorts this weekend to finalise some of the permanent pin placements then next weekend is the 3 day long NSW Open.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that Grim mentions disc golf approaches 1

Surely you don't refer to the W-League team that featured the then Matilda's captain, the then German captain, and one of the best attackers the womens game in australia has ever produced? The one that was the glamour side of the league that year that failed to make the finals?

Who was the coach again? Oh yes, Zane.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out