Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

the curse of being the face of rugby league strikes again.

This raging party goer who couldnt give a fk about the world is now in humble sulk land as the league proposes illness and help. epic

Mr

the word is he has a serious illness....gambling addiction. That's a pretty serious disease,he his going to need help to get through that one.
    Also has a bit of alcohol addiction as well as a little pill problem. And if that doesn't work he has a little depression on the side.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

I heard on the radio this morning that the Knights are the only team not to appear in the new NRL tv advert....hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that the Knights are the only team not to appear in the new NRL tv advert....hahaha!
    Their logo appears at the end - does that count?

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-new...cenario-224787

The Cronulla board met away from their leagues club at a secret location on Wednesday night to discuss the implications of ASADA's findings, which are believed to surround the use of peptides in 2011 when controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank was at the club.

The peptides were not illegal when first introduced but were later placed on the banned list.

It's alleged some players defied the ban and continued to use them.

The players have reportedly been offered six-month bans up front if they plead guilty but could be outed for two years if they fight the allegations and fail to prove their innocence.

When that scenario was put to a Sharks insider on Wednesday night, he told Sportal: "All that is feasible.

"We are hoping for the best but it could turn into a nightmare."

Officially, Cronulla are saying very little about the matter with coach Shane Flanagan and officials uncontactable on Wednesday.

Betting agencies across Australia suspended betting on Sunday's Cronulla-Gold Coast clash until more information came to light.

Cronulla put out a statement at 6.02pm which read: "Sharks fans and all rugby league supporters can be assured the club has been very proactive in fully cooperating with ASADA and taking other measures that prioritise the integrity of our club and the welfare of our playing group.

"While there are strict boundaries around what we can say while the ASADA investigation is ongoing, fans should be assured that as soon as there is an opportunity to provide further information we will do so."

A Sharks spokesman added: "It's business as usual. It's all speculation at this stage."

The spokesman said the decision to shut the media out from training on Wednesday and to pull players from a promotional meet and greet on Thursday was to avoid adding to the drama.

"Flanno (Flanagan) didn't want the players distracted by having to talk about something they know nothing about," he said.

The Sharks were to head into the season as one of the premiership favourites after adding Chris Heighington, Beau Ryan, Jono Wright and Michael Gordon to their roster.

But the dream of that elusive first premiership would now appear in tatters.

The NRL is yet to comment or confirm the status of Cronulla's season opener against the Titans.

Just received conspiracy theory number #12 about the drugs issue and its by far the most entertaining.
    Steve Menzies has rolled over to the ACC and dobbed them all in.
    Premierships to be stripped, world to end etc etc.

No wonder Rebecca Wilson has jumped on the WSW bandwagon. The whole world is going to shit.

Granted: Conspiracy theory #11 involved Lance Armstrong and the Teletubbies so you know, grain of salt and all that.

lowes will be sold out of sloppy joes tomorrow

Hmm seeing a knights fan tonight getting taken away with drugs in his bag by the cops at halftime then decides to tap on my shoulder

Hmm going to be a long season.

Also there was some video camera flying around filming parts of the game, looked like a ufo filming the supporters.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 12-03-2013 at 02:07 AM.

billy slater: biggest grub in the sport (on the field). discuss.

seriously, how many times does this guy get to drop the knees, slide in feet first, kick someone in the face before the commentators realise he IS "that type of player"?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah for sure. i think only queenslanders like him anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Hmm seeing a knights fan tonight getting taken away with drugs in his bag by the cops at halftime then decides to tap on my shoulder

Hmm going to be a long season.

Also there was some video camera flying around filming parts of the game, looked like a ufo filming the supporters.
    who tapped you on the shoulder SD? der polizei?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    who tapped you on the shoulder SD? der polizei?
    Haha wasn't the police.

With tonight's game was abit disappointed Melbourne decided to waste the last 20 seconds and the ref didn't stop the clock. Canterbury had alot of momentum going to. I just don't understand this whole crap of not blowing off time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    I just don't understand this whole crap of not blowing off time.
    Hnnnnnggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    billy slater: biggest grub in the sport (on the field). discuss.

seriously, how many times does this guy get to drop the knees, slide in feet first, kick someone in the face before the commentators realise he IS "that type of player"?
    i rarely watch the game, mostly because i think it is a fxxxed split-off from a great sport in union, plus it has developed the shittest society i have ever seen. but the games i do watch is usually an origin here or there, and when it's on a tv that is out of my control to turn off. my dad and i have been saying for years that, even as extremely casual supporters, billy slater is ridiculously dangerous with his tackles. i've seen heaps of times a guy has dived to go for a try over the line, and billy slater slides in studs-up like a football tackle on the guys face.

just watched the clip of that slater catch-and-kick and i'm disgusted tbh. i remember the backup keeper for adelaide united in the hal (was it robbie behich or something? the one under daniel beltrame) caught the ball once and kicked a bloke in the thigh, and he was absolutely blasted for it. slater here has legit kicked a guy straight in the face. he's raised his foot when he's seen him coming. knowing the nrl they'll probably ban him for 6 months, but let him play 2 weeks later for good behaviour or some shit.

shit fxxxing sport
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i rarely watch the game, mostly because i think it is a fxxxed split-off from a great sport in union, plus it has developed the shittest society i have ever seen. but the games i do watch is usually an origin here or there, and when it's on a tv that is out of my control to turn off. my dad and i have been saying for years that, even as extremely casual supporters, billy slater is ridiculously dangerous with his tackles. i've seen heaps of times a guy has dived to go for a try over the line, and billy slater slides in studs-up like a football tackle on the guys face.

just watched the clip of that slater catch-and-kick and i'm disgusted tbh. i remember the backup keeper for adelaide united in the hal (was it robbie behich or something? the one under daniel beltrame) caught the ball once and kicked a bloke in the thigh, and he was absolutely blasted for it. slater here has legit kicked a guy straight in the face. he's raised his foot when he's seen him coming. knowing the nrl they'll probably ban him for 6 months, but let him play 2 weeks later for good behaviour or some shit.

shit fxxxing sport
    but the player tackling him was in the wrong ?
    i mean, some people are stupid, slater has sighted the player and stuck his leg out an his studs up, its clearly deliberate,
    people are ****ed,
    rugby league is ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    but the player tackling him was in the wrong ?
    i mean, some people are stupid, slater has sighted the player and stuck his leg out an his studs up, its clearly deliberate,
    people are ****ed,
    rugby league is ****ed
    pretty awesome. fwit bulldog gets kicked in da chest. kicking is now ok for the heros of sport as well. mong on.

Banned
    Didn't he once cop a massive suspension for stomping on some **** on the ground??

If so grub of the highest order