Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1030

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Hypothetically, if the NRL does start up whilst we're still in this pandemic. What happens if an NRL player get injured and needs to be taken to Hospital for medical treatment? Will that NRL players treatment be priority over COVID patients? Will there be an adequate amount of paramedics available to attend these games.

Seems like it's a cocktail to put more pressure on our health system that is stretched already.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

There's no way that they'll be allowed to play if we are still in lockdown. All of this is a giant act.

A) they just want to stay relevant and their motto for the last decade has been that any news is good news. So they're happy to air dirty laundry, attack each other, attack politicians, or anything else that gets them onto the TV and into papers.

B) the NRL is using this whole thing to put the blame onto anyone but themselves as the league is one missed season away from collapse. They have clubs riddled with massive debt, they haven't been paying the correct money into the player retirement fund they setup many years ago, they have been paying players and backers of the game in brown paper bags for years and now the war chest that everyone assumed they had is more like a small savings account.

This is all just posturing without any actual plan to get the season going again. They haven't agreed on where they'll play the games, how many games they'll play, whether the first two rounds will be counted or a full restart, the Warriors aren't even allowed back into the country, etc. They haven't even spoken to the refs who are about to stop being paid within the next fortnight and won't have contracts anymore.

I can't believe that somehow the NRL is already in a worse position than the A League. They had to go get a $250 mllion loan within a month of games stopping to save themselves. What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I grew up loving RL, I played it till I was 18. However, it's been on a slow decline to irrelevancy for years. I remember the family struggling to get tickets to Knights games in the mid 90's.

Less kids are playing it, less people are turning up to games or watching on TV. It'll continue to get worse as the years go on.

All the effort going to cleaning up the game is for nothing, let the game be what it needs to be. Bonehead vs Bonehead with all the biff and roughness it needs to be entertaining.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Peter Fitzsimons taking the piss out of league wanting to return

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/is-...29-p54oc2.html

mild humour

so ti add to the litany of crimes, it turns out rugby league is full of anti vax ****ing morons as well

how much worse can these people get?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    so ti add to the litany of crimes, it turns out rugby league is full of anti vax ****ing morons as well

how much worse can these people get?
    scared of needles are they, but love a good old finger in the bum.

Yesterday:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h68i7yQhlPqQ40

Xerri to return faster than ever after teaming up with renowned sprint trainer

One of the NRL’s fastest men will return to rugby league even quicker with Cronulla centre Bronson Xerri claiming he’s shaved down his sprint times.

The centre believes he is faster than he was when he last played in September, after training during lockdown working with sprint coach Roger Fabri.
    Today:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...bbb157b8d28b09

Bronson Xerri fails ASADA drug test, doping ban:

Cronulla Sharks centre Bronson Xerri, one of the brightest young stars in the NRL, is facing a four-year doping ban for failing an ASADA drug test.

Xerri reportedly had his phone seized by ASADA officials on Tuesday as the news broke and sent shockwaves around the league little more than 48 hours prior to the game’s relaunch.

The NRL confirmed the news in a release.
    OK

I always wonder why rugbeh league and AFL worry about joining anti-doping things

it's not like they have any serious international competition so theres no way they can be expelled from anything

M8, have you herd ov the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    M8, have you herd ov the World Cup?
    Where the entire Lebanese squad lives in Western Sydney?

I always wonder why rugbeh league and AFL worry about joining anti-doping things

it's not like they have any serious international competition so theres no way they can be expelled from anything
    The best assumption I've seen is that it is linked with government funding.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Where the entire Lebanese squad lives in Western Sydney?
    Where international eligibility is basically if your great great grandfathers cousins best mate went to Dublin once you can play for Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Where international eligibility is basically if your great great grandfathers cousins best mate went to Dublin once you can play for Ireland.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...harold-shipman

so it didn't take long for rugby league to take something nice and fun like cardboard cutouts in the stands and ruin it

the thing is, Hitler would actually be a better person than your average NRL player

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...ersey/?cs=9676

putting rainbows on a bunch of neanderthal homophobe rapist boofheads won't bring them up to 21st century standards of human decency

putting rainbows on a bunch of neanderthal homophobe rapist boofheads won't bring them up to 21st century standards of human decency
    Geez Mr Boz dont you know anything?

Over 37% of people who turn gay said they caught it from wearing rainbows.

hashtagbealertnotalarmed

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...ersey/?cs=9676

7 first team players are now refusing to play.

Their PR move has backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    7 first team players are now refusing to play.

Their PR move has backfired.
    The club are standing firm...I suggest it possibly hasn't. They're playing on despite the players standing down.

League players are the gift that keep on giving
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The only heads that will roll are the morons who put this idea up without asking the stakeholders.
    Like it or not NRL players by and large (especially the polynesian folk) are hugely religious and this was never going to fly.
    There was a way better way to do this but when you leave out your most vital component (the highly paid front facing labour) then youve made a massive mistake.
    and us sockah folk better not be too loud about it, there are a lot of clubs in certain demographics that aint wearing those colours either. We (so far) have been smart enough to read the tea leaves before opening our traps.