Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1030

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Can't wait to hear the "interpretations" of those passages...
    I dont think Mr Swan actually read them. Hes drawing a really long bow to tie them to gambling and alcohol.

They more relate to greed and excess.

But anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Can't wait to hear the "interpretations" of those passages...
    Don't need to hear the interpretation of those passages

I would like old mate to point out where it references gambling as none of them dont

It references the pursuit of money and it being your main focus

It fits in more with Nigerians sending you emails than it does gambling on the horses or pokies

Matter of fact it is a classic example of why Google can't be trusted as a source of information as it makes shit up and isnt accurate

If you also read them it will also state that

What does the Bible say about gambling?
    Many people wonder is gambling a sin? Although there might not be a clear cut verse from what we learn in Scripture I strongly believe it is a sin and all Christians should stay away from it. It is terrible to see that some churches are bringing gambling in the house of God. The Lord is not pleased.

So Google is referencing some guys opinion as a fact when it can't even find a legitimate citation from the source document

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I dont think Mr Swan actually read them. Hes drawing a really long bow to tie them to gambling and alcohol.

They more relate to greed and excess.

But anyway.
    I'm not a religious person.

I answered the question regarding where the "good book" pointed out where gambling was against their religion. I read quite a few of them, along with the interpretations provided by the authors of the articles as appropriate. I haven't drawn any bow towards anything. I've merely referred people to interpretations on the two topics being discussed. At no point did I give an opinion on them. However; I agree with your interpretation that the passages refer more to greed (in the case of gambling) and excess (in relation to alcohol).

More broadly, there are many bible passages that are open to interpretation. But that's a whole other road that i'm not about to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I'm not a religious person.

I answered the question regarding where the "good book" pointed out where gambling was against their religion. I read quite a few of them, along with the interpretations provided by the authors of the articles as appropriate. I haven't drawn any bow towards anything. I've merely referred people to interpretations on the two topics being discussed. At no point did I give an opinion on them. However; I agree with your interpretation that the passages refer more to greed (in the case of gambling) and excess (in relation to alcohol).

More broadly, there are many bible passages that are open to interpretation. But that's a whole other road that i'm not about to go down.
    But the grift is in the interpretation.
    Its why journalists write the articles, and management write the headlines.

Members point is correct, theres no direct line in there to prove your point.

But thats the folly of religion, every sunday morning snake oil selling preacher will tell you 'exactly' what the bible means, and you can use it to hide behind whatever you want.

When no one in this world can agree on interpreting hard data on things like climate and fiscal policy then trying to find meaning in a book written thousands of years ago is pointless.

Didn’t they all get drunk that night when Some guy kissed Jesus.

Knights player "supported" for refusing to come off and abusing training staff - showing passion apparently.

Ricky Stuart stood down for also showing passion, with wording I really can't see as offensive to anyone but the softest snowflake. It was a dog act.....

They have lost the plot.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

But the grift is in the interpretation.
    Its why journalists write the articles, and management write the headlines.

Members point is correct, theres no direct line in there to prove your point.

But thats the folly of religion, every sunday morning snake oil selling preacher will tell you 'exactly' what the bible means, and you can use it to hide behind whatever you want.

When no one in this world can agree on interpreting hard data on things like climate and fiscal policy then trying to find meaning in a book written thousands of years ago is pointless.
    Yawn. Another dullard trying to use religion to disprove something.
    Im not religious but adapt to some concepts most of which just follow the law. There's plenty not to like as well. Its a balanced view.
    People choose religion or more accurately to be Christian because they like the teachings. No one needs proof to believe in something. Thats ok for them.
    Many worship football because it keeps them whole and entertained. They couldn't careless about anyone else. thats ok for them

Some worship League, buddha, Koran, food, Satan, tech, items, flora, fauna anything.
    Would we call all of these people weirdos. Nope because they arent the traditional whitey religion.

Anyway continue the selective outrage. Trump? rangas? white males. All aholes in our society. And rightly so. All should be terminated. Oops, am I in the right group for this view? Pretty sure I am on this last one.
    Last edited by Oldy; 07-02-2023 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Yawn. Another dullard trying to use religion to disprove something.
    Im not religious but adapt to some concepts most of which just follow the law. There's plenty not to like as well. Its a balanced view.
    People choose religion or more accurately to be Christian because they like the teachings. No one needs proof to believe in something. Thats ok for them.
    Many worship football because it keeps them whole and entertained. They couldn't careless about anyone else. thats ok for them

Some worship League, buddha, Koran, food, Satan, tech, items, flora, fauna anything.
    Would we call all of these people weirdos. Nope because they arent the traditional whitey religion.

Anyway continue the selective outrage. Trump? rangas? white males. All aholes in our society. And rightly so. All should be terminated. Oops, am I in the right group for this view? Pretty sure I am on this last one.
    The person lining up for days to get the latest iphone, the person punching on because they wear a different football shirt and the person hating on the gays because their sky god told them so are all the same type of sucker.

You said it yourself, the law is the only standard we are really bound to.

The difference is the people that keep all that shit to themselves are cool, the rest are the problem.

Not hard is it?

*also, we can all agree the iphone person is the ****ing worst out of all of them.

The person lining up for days to get the latest iphone, the person punching on because they wear a different football shirt and the person hating on the gays because their sky god told them so are all the same type of sucker.

You said it yourself, the law is the only standard we are really bound to.

The difference is the people that keep all that shit to themselves are cool, the rest are the problem.

Not hard is it?

*also, we can all agree the iphone person is the ****ing worst out of all of them.
    For sure.
    But the real issue there is it's the Far left Woke minority activists, that you are for some reason protecting, that do nearly all of the loud hysterical, obnoxious, protesting and whining. You know, the feminists, gender freaks, LGBTers, climate doomers. They cant keep it to themselves they must tell you that youre bad for ignoring their POV.
    btw the church isnt for me although i did like 2 songs.