Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Knoughts have pulled out. Was checking out Facey comments yesterday...best one was some chick who said he should be left alone "because every second person in a nightclub had cocaine on them".

Cronulla chairman caught with some nose beers, and 2 Kiwis after the test match caught on CCTV doing it.

It gets better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Cronulla chairman caught with some nose beers, and 2 Kiwis after the test match caught on CCTV doing it.

One day football will take advantage of League's inability to stop falling over itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Rugby league player banned for life after knocking out referee
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/r...06-gvzn4p.html
    Spreading worldwide culture. World doesnt need this grub sport

Cue the morons trying to find a similar incident to defend it.

Gonna have my say. Love me some Rugby League (up the eels). Every sport has dickheads and off field shit (sadly league has alot more these days).
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Gonna have my say. Love me some Rugby League (up the eels). Every sport has dickheads and off field shit (sadly league has alot more these days).
    So why does NRL appear to continually justify said dickheads?

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post

Just read the Melbourne Kiwi was given a "heavy price" of two weeks in the stands for his nose candy episode in our nations capital
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/mel...8c253791027231

Traditionally, cocaine has been popular amongst Australian stockbrokers, lawyers, tech entrepreneurs and hospitality tycoons as a recreational party drug – however, the bourgeoisie gloss is starting the fade after nearly twenty rugby-league-related incidents in the last 12 months.
    http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sport...ng-hurt-image/
    Even the drug crowd find feral leaguies as a scourge. grubs

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Just read the Melbourne Kiwi was given a "heavy price" of two weeks in the stands for his nose candy episode in our nations capital
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/mel...8c253791027231
    just interested in hearing some peoples thoughts on what an appropriate penalty is for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    just interested in hearing some peoples thoughts on what an appropriate penalty is for this?
    you have to share the bag with everyone next time

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    imagine how inane a coked up conversation between NRL players would be

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So why does NRL appear to continually justify said dickheads?
    its keeps the game in news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    It's got nothing to do with the club. It's a personal choice made by a player in their own time. Whether or not any laws have been breached is for the courts or police to decide not a football club or the sports governing body.
    I mean these blokes run at each other flat out for 80mins a week placing unnatural stresses on their bodies - possibly causing permanent injuries - even brain damage ?
    To come out and point the finger at recreational / illicit drug use by players because it makes might bring the game into disrepute is simply ridiculous.
    Then again, I don't have an issue with players using performance enhancing drugs - and neither do the fans when they are quite happy to accept that today's players are much bigger, stronger, and faster than those of previous generations.

I mean if you really banned performance enhancing drugs I doubt you would have a single club in the competition capable of fielding a team.

On a similar note it really annoys me when I hear all the talk about players being role models and ambassadors and all this. Fair play to the guys who are able to do it well and the game does benefit from having the clean shaven, well spoken guys who do all the right stuff. But far out imagine if we as players were held to the same standards of behaviour that these guys are. They can't do anything in public without getting video'd or photographed and then the media gets a hold of it and all hell breaks loose.

Another analogy would be your current job, if they controlled (more than some already do) what you could and could not do outside working hours, days off etc as well as having thousands of people constantly surveilling you just trying to find a bit of dirt they can forward to your employer to get you in shit.

Last 2 posts - 100% agree.

Wish I could add more to it, but it's already been said. Well done Dunster and Macca

Banned
    Interesting thing is the naughty blokes who they refuse to register a contract for.

When this happens i surprised the player hasnt went to court and ****ed them for restraint of trade

The governing body isnt punishing them for an indiscretion they are actually stopping them from working

Always amazes me how the Todd Carneys have not played that card

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Last 2 posts - 100% agree.

Wish I could add more to it, but it's already been said. Well done Dunster and Macca
    I agree with Wolfman for agreeing with Dunster and Macca.

Interesting thing is the naughty blokes who they refuse to register a contract for.

When this happens i surprised the player hasnt went to court and ****ed them for restraint of trade

The governing body isnt punishing them for an indiscretion they are actually stopping them from working

Always amazes me how the Todd Carneys have not played that card
    I've never understood this restraint of trade thing... isn't it just the same as some company not hiring me because they don't think I'm suitable for their company? What's the difference?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I've never understood this restraint of trade thing... isn't it just the same as some company not hiring me because they don't think I'm suitable for their company? What's the difference?
    If the bloke is a professional drugby league player then the governing body by refusing to register his contract is preventing him from gaining employment at his profession.

Most of the time this is not for any great crime other than being your usual drugby league bonehead as well

I reckon they would have **** all chance of it holding upo in court

Just as the salary caps would also go if challenged

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I mean these blokes run at each other flat out for 80mins a week placing unnatural stresses on their bodies - possibly causing permanent injuries - even brain damage ?
    To come out and point the finger at recreational / illicit drug use by players because it makes might bring the game into disrepute is simply ridiculous.
    That's their stupid fault for trying to be arrogant heroes. They're grubs that do grub stuff so no real surprise.