Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Banned

Banned
    THE Brisbane Broncos have today ended negotiations with Josh Dugan following his vile social media comments in which he told a Canberra Raiders fan to "end yourself".

The Broncos were willing to sign Dugan to a three-year $2 million deal if the NRL allowed his contract to be registered after he was sacked by the Raiders earlier this month for repeated code of conduct breaches.

The final straw for the Raiders was when he uploaded a photo to Instagram of himself giving the finger with an alcoholic drink in his hand while on the roof of a house.

The Broncos' interest ended today.

"We will not be making any attempt to register a contract for Josh Dugan with the NRL," Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said.

"While there were some negotiations, they are now over.

"In light of some fresh allegations of inappropriate behaviour, the Broncos have decided not to take the matter any further."

I understand Broncos had been impressed with Dugan's attitude during negotiations and thought he was in it for the right reasons.
    — Chris Garry (@chrisgarry1) March 31, 2013

Dugan was today forced to apologise after hurling abuse on social media again, this time telling a Canberra Raiders fan to "end yourself".

Dugan went berserk on social media photo-sharing app Instagram late on Saturday night.

After Dugan posted a photo of himself and a friend with their shirts off, Raiders fans began antagonising the 22-year-old.

They criticised Dugan's lack of responsibility and said that the Raiders were better off with replacement fullback Reece Robinson.

A user named @gearbox82 wrote: "There's a man that can not Handel responsibly. Leaves his club, leaves his missus. I'd hate to be your dog.''

Another user named @mark-raider1 then replied: "dw (don't worry) we got Reece lightning Robinson''.

Dugan, who broke up with his long-term partner earlier this month, seemingly had enough of the taunts and wrote a series of vile responses (editor's note: expletives removed).

"I'd hate to be ya nuffie. At least my dog doesn't speak up like you ya loud mouth ... who are ya by the way? I could never play another game of NRL and I've still accomplished more than you.

"haha righto Marky Mark: go get another Raiders Tattoo then end yourself. Your mrs is hot too by the way haha you obviously don't read the news more the fool you haha your a joke.

"All my tats put together are better than your one rubbish one plus your bad head. Should call you don bradman ya batting well above average with her. Send her my way ill show her the time of her life.''

Dugan has since deleted the comments and apologised on Twitter.

Responding to News Limited's story, Dugan explained he was being constantly bullied.

"2 sides to every story and only the bad side of my story has been told over the last few weeks. Yes I stuffed up and yes I’m paying my price but people go on and on about bullying when I am constantly being harassed for simply putting a photo up.

"I apologise to those who I had bad words with but I am a normal person like anyone else.

"Media can write what they want but have not spoken to me personally or seen the abuse I have copped.

"Life goes on and I’m trying to move forward with my life and career.”

The NRL employed Charlotte Dawson as an anti-bullying ambassador this year.

Dawson was also told to kill herself on social media last year, causing her to breakdown and self-admit to hospital.

The NRL has a strict code of conduct when it comes to social media.
    What happens when you allow people with low IQ's role model status

caption competition! (wasn't sure where to put this photo. i'm not saying league is crap, but putting it in the awesome thread seemed wrong in some way)

Show bags and jumping castle's at the handegg now that's funny NRL clutching at straws
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

caption competition! (wasn't sure where to put this photo. i'm not saying league is crap, but putting it in the awesome thread seemed wrong in some way)
    "now cough"

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

Domestic violence offender ex-Cronulla Shark Isaac Gordon should never be allowed to play in the NRL again. Gordon was also rubbed out for nine matches after he was found guilty of assaulting his then girlfriend Karen Lee Davidson who was seven months pregnant.

It was just over a year ago - albeit after immense public pressure and not the NRL's initiative - that Lui was suspended for the 2012 season after he assaulted his partner Taleah Rae Backo.

On the football field people find it easier to forget Lui allegedly kicked Backo, the mother of his child, in the temple and head-butted her on the Tigers' Mad Monday celebrations in 2011. he physically and verbally abused his then girlfriend, who was seven months pregnant at the time, allegedly telling her: "Hit me, hit me, I'll hit you back. It's self defence, I'll kill you f ... ing bitch."
    heroes, get out to the game and support these dogs.
    The pink jersey weekend is an initiative of the league bosses, has fkall to do with the fkwits that play the game.

Can you imagine the media fallout if Timmy slapped his wife in the face ?

The sickening thing about all of this is the continued propaganda, covering up all the ills of the eggball codes, yet highlighting anything remotely negative from football.

It's the sort of stuff the North Koreans do with politics !

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-2...eports/4706150

same story as above or a different one?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-2...eports/4706150

same story as above or a different one?
    same, someone got paid off

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    just watching the news then - some NRL player, actually on the field in an NRL game on telly, had a piss

what sort of ****ing animals are these blokes?

what form of person thinks it's acceptable to urinate in public, let alone in the middle of a field, on television?

seriously - why is this sport not banned? who wants to go and watch rapists urinate in public?

puts a whole new meaning to the term piss ninja

How can thousands of qld & nsw mongs abuse the fk out of each other and get into fistys but not be regarded as hools? ah thats right its ok in this game

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    How can thousands of qld & nsw mongs abuse the fk out of each other and get into fistys but not be regarded as hools? ah thats right its ok in this game
    Will admit Paul Gallen was lucky he wasn't sent off

He will probably get several weeks for that though. Overall great show of defense by both sides, lucky Nsw got off to such a great start.

Pfft...I ended up relaxing and being entertained by the Lions on Fox. The biggest criticism of SOO on Twitter last night was the overhype and talk before the game.

BTW - can anyone remember who the Brisbane player was who pissed under the goalposts at Lang Park many years ago - it has happened before.

Pauline Hanson look a like was more gruesome than that packer bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    BTW - can anyone remember who the Brisbane player was who pissed under the goalposts at Lang Park many years ago - it has happened before.
    Yeah it was Don McKinnon playing for Manly at the old Lang Park (Suncorp).
    Video is all over the Youtubes.

Biggest issue with State of Origin is that is broadcast in standard def.
    It's 2013, pretty much all sport is rubbish in SD.
    If you don't want the hype/rubbish just wait til 10.30pm and watch it on replay on Fox. You get it in HD and they cut all the gibbering out.

Another big day at the office for eggball......

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-1...harges/4761600

at least they have moved on from women to inanimate objects...technically you might call that an improvement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-1...harges/4761600

at least they have moved on from women to inanimate objects...technically you might call that an improvement.
    not exactly

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-1...?section=sport