Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

David Gyngell and James Packer put on a similar public performance and it didn't impact negatively on their careers . So I don't see why Sandow's career should be in jeopardy over this little scrap.

Oh - sorry I forgot. He's Aboriginal. Different rules.

Love it though, fair one on one fight and after the guy goes to ground Sandow gives him a hand up and a pat on the back, how some scores should be settled.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Love it though, fair one on one fight and after the guy goes to ground Sandow gives him a hand up and a pat on the back, how some scores should be settled.
    Exactly. Sandow and the other bloke have moved on everyone else should.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Nah man. Don't do that.

Banned
    Being that he is over rated, perennially injured and taking up a lot of salary cap is it really that big of a loss for them??

It probably to their benefit freeing up salary cap space of they sack him

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Being that he is over rated, perennially injured and taking up a lot of salary cap is it really that big of a loss for them??

It probably to their benefit freeing up salary cap space of they sack him
    Would be fitting for Joey v2.0 to exit the same way.

Banned
    Would be fitting for Joey v2.0 to exit the same way.
    Joey v 1.0 Could actually play

Joey v 2.0 Is an imposter

Mullen is stealing a living, bloke is still living of his one off State of origin appearance years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

The majority of professional athletes are taking performance enhancing drugs. It's not cheating it's just the way it is. Sure it would be nice to live in a world where it doesn't happen but the reality is performance enhancing drugs are everywhere these days.
    Bigger, stronger, faster is what everyone wants but nobody wants to accept how it is achieved.
    I actually feel sorry for Mullen because he has a family to support and the media are going to crucify him for simply wanting to get himself right for the coming season.
    The athletes are the victims here not the criminals. Sponsors know what goes on as do the broadcasters, clubs and the ruling bodies of sports.
    Sure they bust a few athletes but they do it selectively and they always do it with an eye on the till.
    Then you have the fans who will rip into players when they get busted for drugs but on other occasions rip a player apart because they don't appear to be putting in. Well, good chance your bloke, not putting in is running clean so it's a case of damned if you do damned you don't.

They should legalise drugs for all power sports and leave it up to the athletes to decide how far they want to go.
    And for those saying it sets a bad example for kids go have a look at the injuries these blokes suffer and you soon realise brain and spinal injuries are of far greater concern than blokes testing positive to steroids and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The majority of professional athletes are taking performance enhancing drugs. It's not cheating it's just the way it is.
    um it is cheating but everyone is doing it. apparently seaweed and Joe wieder muscle mass would have done the job for him.....

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    um it is cheating but everyone is doing it. apparently seaweed and Joe wieder muscle mass would have done the job for him.....
    I was also referring to the protein powders and so on which are not on the banned list. They may not be against the rules but it shows intent to take something to improve performance just the same.
    The drug testing though is a waste of time in that it doesn't take a piss or blood test to work out what is going on.
    I mean, today's half backs would have been big enough to play as props not too long ago. Moreover, we also have blokes playing these days that are in excess of 115kg who are lightening quick over 35 metres.

So....the NRL has a hooligan problem. Lets see how quick this gets swept under the behaviour of the Cove tonight.

So....the NRL has a hooligan problem. Lets see how quick this gets swept under the behaviour of the Cove tonight.
    To be fair though there's been plenty of space dedicated to Rugby League trouble over the years, it's just that it's always one certain 'type' of fan they concentrate on.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    To be fair though there's been plenty of space dedicated to Rugby League trouble over the years, it's just that it's always one certain 'type' of fan they concentrate on.
    yep. Bogans, all clubs are full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    yep. Bogans, all clubs are full of them.
    Hmmmm, I feel like they are narrowing it down even further.
    Something I can't quite put my Caucasian finger on.......

Bulldogs! I mean, bullshit...

Just reminded me I have to get a cucumber on the way back from buying my kebab at lunchtime.

Good to see NRL is getting serious about head injuries - 10 minutes in the bin for an off the ball elbow to the head followed by 3 or so punches. That'll teach em! Two other cheap high shots as well.

Banned
    Another drugby League player arrested

This time Shaun Kenny Dowell for possession

Weren't the local druggos trying to entice him here ??

The Knoughts now recruiting them are they??