Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Hold up hold up.

Member.

Don't you believe in God?

Legit question: can an individuals mental strength overpower Gods will?
    Cause if God decides yo a junkie aren't you trapped?
    Last edited by plague; 19-05-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Only in the Rugby League thread would the topic of 'raping one's wife' in the Philippines be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    How often in work and home life do you identify fixes to issues but can't actually implement said fixes? I'd estimate this happens multiple times a day in everyones life. The fix to my "lack" of money is to win the lotto, but that's not achievable as easily as I would like to.

I don't wish mental health issues on any person and their supportive friends/family but part of me hopes you have to genuinely deal with this first hand (by first hand I mean either you with the issue or someone close to you that you need to be in and around their lives to help them get thru it) solely so you can have a less ignorant view on it.
    I have agreed with everything you have said in your posts PV4 bar one. I truly hope that no one close to the Member suffers from a mental illness as they wont get the support and acceptance they need to work through it.

And Dunster, I hear if you head out to Dudley they can hook you up with some non Hydro action (it's not my scene but I know enough 'weak' people to have some knowledge on the subject).

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Only in the Rugby League thread would the topic of 'raping one's wife' in the Philippines be brought up.
    Some legit tangents on this forum hey.

Banned
    How often in work and home life do you identify fixes to issues but can't actually implement said fixes? I'd estimate this happens multiple times a day in everyones life. The fix to my "lack" of money is to win the lotto, but that's not achievable as easily as I would like to.

I don't wish mental health issues on any person and their supportive friends/family but part of me hopes you have to genuinely deal with this first hand (by first hand I mean either you with the issue or someone close to you that you need to be in and around their lives to help them get thru it) solely so you can have a less ignorant view on it.
    As for your lack of money situation the winning lotto is a way of addressing it

But it the million to one chance that will occur

Here are some practical ways that you can address this right now
    Change employment to better paying gig
    Get another second job
    Go through your expenses in life and sacrifice a few to free up some funds
    Etc

All of them are easily achievable

They all require you to do something about it though

Just like curing an addiction or dealing with a problem it requires YOU to take responsibility and ownership and deal with it

Winning the lottery to achieve sorting ones money issues out is about as reliable a strategy as the thinking of those who refuse to show the discipline and mental effort required to deal with their issues and then throw their hands up and refuse to accept it can be done

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hold up hold up.

Member.

Don't you believe in God?

Legit question: can an individuals mental strength overpower Gods will?
    Cause if God decides yo a junkie aren't you trapped?
    Jesus died on the cross for my sin's etc

So being he done that a while ago I pretty certain God is giving us the choice to sin

Sinners go to hell
    Non Sinners go to heaven etc

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

All of them areJust like curing an addiction or dealing with a problem it requires YOU to take responsibility and ownership and deal with it
    Ok so what the hell are y'all doing at Church on a Sunday then?

Footy tips?

Aren't you all asking for guidance and help with your lives from someone?

Cause that 'kind' of sounds like people wanna do with the junkies yeah?

Man this religion stuff trips so many of you up.

I'm all for you practicing it, but man when you all are like "yo my God helps me out when I'm down but go get ****ed if you want me to help your non believing ass out".

It kind of makes your argument look a tad silly.

and let's be clear, when I'm referencing 'God' here I'm referring to a non-Griff deity, which some of you believe in.

Because we all know there is only one true Almighty.

Sinners go to hell
    Non Sinners go to heaven etc
    So me Andrew Johns and Mitch Nicolls are going to hell?

Dang.

..........ignorant dribble......
    Take Stu Musiliak's recent article in the papers:

At 26 and training on his own with no contract on the horizon, he increased his medication without consulting his doctor. He then signed with the Mariners under his former Olyroos coach Graham Arnold, but within weeks he was forced to walk away from the game he loved.

“When I signed with them I made the mistake of dropping my medication, halving it to where it was before I put it up a few months before.

“Then I spiralled and went to s---.

“I found out that doing what I did with my medication could have that effect, and I never really recovered from that. That medication had been working for me really well for four or five years. It stopped working for me, and then I had to go into hospital to come off that medication and go on to new medication, and that really took ’til now to get on top of that.

“I was in hospital numerous times because of my depression, and had lots of bouts of that shock therapy, ECT [electroconvulsive therapy]. I’ve lost count of how many times I had that. It’s been a real tough road, and without my family I don’t know that I would have got through it.

“I had a fair few bouts of the shock therapy in Newcastle. I tried new meds and it wasn’t working. I went down to Sydney and had some bouts of shock therapy in Sydney.

“It was getting me by, but it wasn’t actually working well enough to get me back to full health.
    It's almost as if things fell apart when he didn't have the support network (ie changing drugs without doctors consultation). It also sounds like he had to take himself down a pretty hectic, medical-based path to cure his mental health issues, that took lots of time, effort, probably money, and most importantly support. But nah, Stu should have just sipped a cup of concrete a day, hardened the fxxx up on his own accord, and saved da memba's precious tax dollars, hey.

Memba - if you are solely on the windup in this thread, well played because you have well and truly wound me up. If these are your genuine views, I think on this topic you are an ignorant sub-human and next time I see you I'm giving you a good old slap in the face. Please confirm option A or B so I can prepare myself appropriately.
    OK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    And Dunster, I hear if you head out to Dudley they can hook you up with some non Hydro action (it's not my scene but I know enough 'weak' people to have some knowledge on the subject).
    It's a pretty clever bit of marketing as well - because unless their clients started smoking 40 years or more ago it's unlikely they'd know if it was the real deal or not. Magic Beans, or Emperors coat sort of stuff.

I'll stick with the espressos.

Banned
    Take Stu Musiliak's recent article in the papers:

It's almost as if things fell apart when he didn't have the support network (ie changing drugs without doctors consultation). It also sounds like he had to take himself down a pretty hectic, medical-based path to cure his mental health issues, that took lots of time, effort, probably money, and most importantly support. But nah, Stu should have just sipped a cup of concrete a day, hardened the fxxx up on his own accord, and saved da memba's precious tax dollars, hey.

Memba - if you are solely on the windup in this thread, well played because you have well and truly wound me up. If these are your genuine views, I think on this topic you are an ignorant sub-human and next time I see you I'm giving you a good old slap in the face. Please confirm option A or B so I can prepare myself appropriately.
    I best bring a helmet then

But your example of Musialik shows that he made the decisions that dug the hole much much deeper

It was him who chose to give up on his medication
    That is still his choice

The consequences that occurred are still down to his decision making

I also backing in the next 10 years he found himself in this hole he also made other decisions that kept him in it and made things worse

If he had a hectic journey to dig himself out of the hole he found his life in then exactly how is anyone else responsible for that other than him??

Life is full of choices

You have to assess it all and make a decision

Make the wrong ones

Pay the consequences

Banned
    Ok so what the hell are y'all doing at Church on a Sunday then?

Footy tips?

Aren't you all asking for guidance and help with your lives from someone?

Cause that 'kind' of sounds like people wanna do with the junkies yeah?

Man this religion stuff trips so many of you up.

I'm all for you practicing it, but man when you all are like "yo my God helps me out when I'm down but go get ****ed if you want me to help your non believing ass out".

It kind of makes your argument look a tad silly.
    Guidance??

A junkie asking for help getting off drugs still requires him to take the action necessary regardless of what wonderful consultants offer

Same as anyone praying to God looking for answers
    Still have to take the necessary steps

Just so we clear I couldn't give two ****s about people asking for help and advice

I though believe in the taking responsibility for your own choices and not making excuses for it

"I am the light of the world,
    He who followeth me shall not WANK in darkness
    But have the light of LIFE"

HAHAHAHAHAHA...

If god is so great why all the suffering in the world? What did all little kids do so wrong that the catholic priests made them fiddle with them? Why did the church deem it necessary to help cover their own arses?

Ok can I just wander off for a second before we get into 'this'.

I don't believe in God, but absolutely respect anyone's right if they do. I'll ask legit questions of the Member about this stuff because I'm genuinely fascinated.

But can we please please please not get into too much mockingbof either religion itself, or the people who practice it.

Let's try and keep it about the bigger issue.

Having said that.

So why are people going to Church? I find it puzzling that on one hand they believe there is someone/something there to 'guide'/'help' them, but then you tell me all the answers are internal and it's all on the individual.

Same goes for bible quotes ect.

Are religious texts there for any other reason or do they also tell you that it's all back on the individual?

Banned
    How de **** did this turn into the politics thread??

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It's a pretty clever bit of marketing as well - because unless their clients started smoking 40 years or more ago it's unlikely they'd know if it was the real deal or not. Magic Beans, or Emperors coat sort of stuff.

I'll stick with the espressos.
    Their clients did. They are all of a more seasoned age than my good self.

Having said that.

So why are people going to Church? I find it puzzling that on one hand they believe there is someone/something there to 'guide'/'help' them, but then you tell me all the answers are internal and it's all on the individual.

Same goes for bible quotes ect.

Are religious texts there for any other reason or do they also tell you that it's all back on the individual?
    And how does grace come into all this?

http://www.allaboutgod.com/definitio...-grace-faq.htm

This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus
    Are all people suffering mental health issues, sinning thru drug use etc, justified freely by "god's" grace thru the redemption that came by "Jesus"?
    OK