Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    deadset the greatest game on the planet
    The live sites in Peking and Bombay have been cranking from what I’ve read.

Is it still going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Is it still going?
    just warming up mate.

they are playing in Darwin tonight obviously because no stadiums in sydney and melbourne could fit the crowd in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    just warming up mate.

they are playing in Darwin tonight obviously because no stadiums in sydney and melbourne could fit the crowd in.
    Why are they playing in PNG?... doesn't make sense
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

all that talk about Joey getting immortal status for taking a few pills but they forgot to screen the bloke that fiddled with a few kiddies back in the day.

greatest game of all apparently
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    all that talk about Joey getting immortal status for taking a few pills but they forgot to screen the bloke that fiddled with a few kiddies back in the day.

greatest game of all apparently
    There has been rumours for years about another high profile / former great as well still involved in the game.

Whether or not there is any substance to it is another thing altogether.

In Langlands case he's not long for the world anyway nor is he capable of defending the charges against him.
    As for the victims it's difficult to imagine how anything could ever ease their pain and suffering.
    Especially when it takes 30 years or so for action to be taken.

Parramatta Eels recruit Tony Williams has been fined $1000 and had his driver's licence suspended for 12 months by a Sydney magistrate for being "shockingly intoxicated" while driving with three children in the car.
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...14-h0w2bs.html
    "but im bigger than the world"

So over this...another wrap on the knuckles.

Many years ago I was waiting for a chinese takeaway at a Kahibah restaurant. An extremely high profile Knights player staggered in, shirt untucked, to pick up his takeway. His wife and toddler in tow.

Obviously pissed as a nit, he proceeded to collect his order and go back to his car. His wife got in the back seat and he strapped the two year old in the FRONT seat, then got behind the wheel and slowly drove off.

I often wonder what could have happened...and such was his profile any cop pulling him over would have let him off with an autograph.

That changed my outlook on league boys forever....no thought for his family at all let alone others driving at the time.
    One of the most bizarre experiences of my life.

And the stupid part of Williams story....his lawyer asked for his license to be reinstated so he could get to training ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    And the stupid part of Williams story....his lawyer asked for his license to be reinstated so he could get to training ffs.
    Obviously not league, but I remember Bernard Tomic got done years a few years ago for speeding. He lost his licence because he was already on a good behaviour period after previous traffic fines... then he proceeded to have a big cry because he wouldn't be able to get to tennis practice.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    holy shit, I just saw a thing on 7:30 on Matthew Lodge

bloke broke into a families home in New York and assulted the homeowners, not to mention a domestic violence conviction

now after jail and not paying the full compensation to the family, he's signed for the Brisbane Broncos, who say he's a good bloke because he's good at footy ay

you really think they can't get worse and then this sort of thing comes up time and time again

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    holy shit, I just saw a thing on 7:30 on Matthew Lodge

bloke broke into a families home in New York and assulted the homeowners, not to mention a domestic violence conviction

now after jail and not paying the full compensation to the family, he's signed for the Brisbane Broncos, who say he's a good bloke because he's good at footy ay

you really think they can't get worse and then this sort of thing comes up time and time again
    you are being nice and have given the most PG rated version of events.
    anyone reading this post please go check out the detail on it. its beyond belief.

and from my understanding he has yet to pay ANY of the compo, let alone all of it.

there have been parallels made to a bloke named Russell Packer (footy head, beat a bloke up, went to jail, now back playing footy).
    the one thing ill defend on that bloke was he served his time, showed genuine remorse and 'deserves' another chance to make a living.

this Lodge bloke has done nothing of the sort. How the hell this hasnt had sponsors/media/fans completely up in arms is a pretty sad indictment on the game of rugby league.

legit, a bloke who pretended to **** a dog, another who pissed his pants and another who pissed on his own face were run out of the game, this bloke threatens to kill a family then beats piss out of someone else just skates.

bizarre, cant wait for the lolz during 'women in league round'.
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah it's an absolute disgrace
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

oh and Lodge already has domestic violence charges against his girlfriend and a drink driving charge in his past.

But just like those Wanderers fans, hes cleaned up his act and is getting his life back in order...............right up until the next ****up.
    Seems like I am WRONG

legit, a bloke who pretended to **** a dog, another who pissed his pants and another who pissed on his own face were run out of the game, this bloke threatens to kill a family then beats piss out of someone else just skates.
    The dog rooter is now Knights captain - we now have some serious ethical ammo as the city's nice guys and family entertainers.

Rugby League will never emulate the atmosphere and passion witnessed on Saturday night...
    That's why we love 'The Beautiful Game'.

I love my Rugby League not as much as Football but It's still great. Sure we have dickhead players but so does every code of sport
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I love my Rugby League not as much as Football but It's still great. Sure we have dickhead players but so does every code of sport
    It's not what it was. I used to go down every couple of weekends to watch the big games in Sydney and absolutely loved it. It was tough, semi-professional and you could tell the difference between a half back and a prop forward. Scrums were a genuine battle for possession, and the "bomb" was used as shock tactic. Apart from when Hollywood Hartley reffed there was little controversy and there were "real" fights that were forgotten about soon after. Amazingly entertaining.

Then came Super League and the new professional, a lack of brain matter plus alcohol plus whatever supplements they take is a bad cocktail. Whereas many football clubs overseas allow their players to have private parties to keep the dickheads behind closed doors, these nut jobs are let loose in public. Every year there are several NRL player drug/alcohol/violence scandals but these guys are given "counselling" and told to get back out and play footy.

What finally did me was the Coffs Harbour scandal - I knew one of the guys on the case. The girl was paid off and two high profile players (one who is an "ornament" to the game) should both still be in the slammer for what they did to her.

I haven't watched a game since and guys like Lodge with all their veiled apologies make me sick - NRL fans who fall for all that stuff deserve the game.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-03-2018 at 09:44 AM.

the bloke's a piece of shit no doubt, but how do these yanks expect to get their compensation if this bloke isn't playing rugby league?

they'll be waiting a hell of a lot longer if he goes back to crushing rocks etc

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I love low grubs who play and support Rugby League because we're morons. I like making excuses about other sports that are nowhere near as bad
    Glad you finally worked it out. gutgw