Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Really makes me wonder sometimes.
    1. I can understand people see them as an easy target. If I rile them up, I can make the news or get some hush money. If I can sleep with him blah blah, if I can lead him on blah blah.
    2. If you know you are in that position, which to be fair does require some self reflection and awareness of your surrounds, you don’t want to put yourself in any unforgiving circumstance.
    3. How does one think it’s a good idea, or that they won’t be caught, when they presumably use that high profile to garner attention.
    4. How do you go home to your wife and children and say, “so dear, they may be some story tomorrow about me harrassing another female. Don’t worry though, this isn’t like examples 1-100 who turns out they were guilty, I didn’t do anything.”
    5. The press conference afterwards. “I’m deeply sorry and accept full responsibility for the actions I lied about occurring.”

You make your choices.
    4. I take it you haven't met too many Rugby League players wives ? They tend to be very forgiving when their lifestyle and bank balance are at stake. Those implants, Botox, and collagen injections aren't free either.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-05-2018 at 12:06 PM.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...21-h11o2k.html

State of Origin provokes family violence in NSW, says report

Banned
    Interesting they have State of Origin on this Sunday night

I didnt know it was on for some reason

Must be a big event on or something because it aint getting much publicity

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...21-h11o2k.html

State of Origin provokes family violence in NSW, says report

Greg Chromatic
    13 HOURS AGO
    Any spike in violence towards women during ramadan?
    Florence from Firenze
    15 HOURS AGO
    Simple: don't have the State of Origin on Wednesdays.
    gotta hear both sides TBH........
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

The "violence" would probably be more of your "rolling pin" type from frustrated wives and partners not getting any help or attention round the house!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nothing to do with the toxic masculinity and watching big, stupid, boofy blokes run into each other while you get on the piss

let's blame women for this too - just like it's their fault for walking home at night

Banned
    nothing to do with the toxic masculinity and watching big, stupid, boofy blokes run into each other while you get on the piss

let's blame women for this too - just like it's their fault for walking home at night
    Lets just blame the lack of intelligence and culture from the dumb ****ers who are attracted to this game

It aint like the sterotype of dumb bogan Bazza aint appropriate

the thing that befuddles me the most is that i can only assume that an overwhelming percentage of the sports 'fans' have NEVER played the game.

its always bizarre to me that people get this sense of 'superiority' because the sport they watch on tv is physically stronger than the sport 'you' watch on tv.

weird.

people get real defensive over an activity from which they are absolutely no part of.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Good work by the guys with front page headlines today

Why do they need to strip off and dance naked in a pub beats me

What is also baffling is why one of his teammates needs to grope his genitals whilst he is dancing

Some crazy guys involved in this game

I remember a rugby league playing school acquaintance once telling me they all did “bird baths” on their Mad Monday.
    I just don’t get it.
    For all you peeps unaware, enjoy googling.

Lol, Australian captain caught drink driving and speeding.

Also, an absolute blowup about dishonesty from the Rooters about Gronks injury, claiming open disclosure on injuries needs to be implemented as it’s a multi million dollar industry and betting etc. pretty amusing.
    All season they want to add to the theatrics and news corps loved releasing an article every 2 hours in the week leading up to the GF about Gronks shoulder.
    Also amusing that the guy played a grand final with a broken scapula and didn’t do very much at all, and people are labelling it the best and most heroic grand final performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Lol, Australian captain caught drink driving and speeding.

Also, an absolute blowup about dishonesty from the Rooters about Gronks injury, claiming open disclosure on injuries needs to be implemented as it’s a multi million dollar industry and betting etc. pretty amusing.
    All season they want to add to the theatrics and news corps loved releasing an article every 2 hours in the week leading up to the GF about Gronks shoulder.
    Also amusing that the guy played a grand final with a broken scapula and didn’t do very much at all, and people are labelling it the best and most heroic grand final performance.
    I actually think the NRL handled the Inglis thing ok. Made a mistake, just like we all do in life, player owned up and paid the price. I always have way more sympathy for people getting DUI the next day, as opposed to driving whilst on the piss.

As for the injury blow up. Oh, I absolutely agree that it's a massive issue for commentators, supporters, gamblers and the like.

But **** em all.

Coach did what he could to give his team the best chance at winning.
    I'm all for it.

So people have no issue with an employer cutting your shifts because of a non-work related incident ?
    We have laws to deal with drink driving - let those authorities handle it.
    The NRL should stick to what they know best - rolling shit in glitter and calling it a sport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So people have no issue with an employer cutting your shifts because of a non-work related incident ?
    The NRL should stick to what they know best - rolling shit in glitter and calling it a sport.
    But where is their consistency in response ??

They go ape shit at blokes peetending to have sex with a dog pissing in their mouth or dancing naked

Yet someone drives pissed and speeds and endangers the general public during school holiday period with his stupidity and they give him a slap on the wrist

Typical NRL incompetence really

i guess it would depend if i was a high-profile employee and my contract had a clause related to bringing my employer into disrepute.

whilst i understand the point of view that he wasnt 'at work', i think its been pointed out plenty of times that a players contract (at both a club and rep level) pretty much puts them 'at work' 24/7.

Now we can all argue that being at work 24/7 is a silly notion, but its part of selling your soul to the NRL devil.

Also, plenty of jobs these days make 'the boss' liable for incidents that take place when an employee is on their commute.
    the definition of the 'workplace' is very very grey these days.
    Seems like I am WRONG

If you work for any business in Australia and do something illegal that is reported by the media, your job is in peril if it is known who you work for - simple IR.

Not just knuckle draggers.

In the case of Inglis I'd like to know if it was an NRL partners / sponsors product Inglis was drinking and if so what actions will the NRL be taking with respect to that partnership / arrangement ?

Surely, the partnership needs to be terminated.

after the recent spate of domestic violence and sexual assault charges being laid against prominent players these last few weeks, the NRL announced that there will be TWO White ribbon rounds this season.

strong leadership IMHO.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Knights COE construction underway. For some reason I thought this was being built at the southern end of the stadium but is going on the land next to the tenzo.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...llence-update/