Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 A-League Transfers Rumors & Speculation

Heart have released a bunch of players... Gerhardt, Mitchinson, Walker and Vrankovic. Vrankovic has signed straight up with an NPL team. Reckon Walker and Vrankovic will find themselves HAL sides before the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'd rather us scout a nobody and shock everyone than get a big name and be part of the circus.

Get me a Broich or Berisha rather than drogba or lampard
    I think Frank Lampard would be more than handy in our midfield!

Zura was the man

rumour? Arnold has a pea heart and was scared to come here

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I think Frank Lampard would be more than handy in our midfield!
    He would be handy in any a league teams midfield and we all know the jets wouldn't come close to splashing enough cash to sign someone even close to his level.

Jimmy Jeggo to Adelaide:

Adelaide United has pinched midfielder James Jeggo from A-League rival Melbourne Victory.

The 22 year-old spent the past four seasons with Victory, playing 30 A-League games and scoring twice.

Austrian-born Jeggo, who moved when young with his parents to Australia, was lured as the type of player needed for Adelaide's possession-styled game, Reds coach Josep Gombau said.

“I am extremely lucky to be joining a club like Adelaide United,” said Jeggo.

“The football they play is at another level and I am excited to be a part of it. Now I get to work under Josep (Gombau) where I know he will help me improve as a player.

“Adelaide has a great history and is a very successful club. It’s also a great city and everytime I’ve played there I’ve enjoyed the atmosphere from the fans.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Melbourne Victory for what they’ve done for me and for providing me the opportunity to become a professional footballer.”

Jeggo has signed a one-year deal and will link up with the Reds for pre-season training on 16 June.

"I like the way that he plays because he's a player that is always thinking in attack but also he's strong in defending," Gombau said in a statement on Thursday.

Jeggo also played four AFC Champions League games for Victory.

“Jimmy has been a pleasure to work with during his time at Melbourne Victory and was an important part of our recent A-League and Asian Champions League campaigns,” Victory coach Kevin Muscat said.

“He is a great guy to have around the place and was very popular in the changeroom, so we certainly wish him all the very best for the future."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...y-for-the-Reds
    Interesting, I thought he was one of the best young prospects in the season prior to this one. Not sure where he was at this season, but I think he'll fit in very well with Gombau's system at Adelaide.

Great signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

what is gombau's system, exactly? it's a bunch of dudes doing whatever the **** they want, it appears to me, maybe bridges could fit in there

what is gombau's system, exactly? it's a bunch of dudes doing whatever the **** they want, it appears to me, maybe bridges could fit in there
    He has done an interview with one of the young journos down here... http://footballcentral.com.au/one-on.../#.U2Mucvk9jTp

“For me football is not attack or defence, football is something together…A team is a team and the team attack and defend together.”

Gombau suggested that speed of ball circulation was where his players needed to develop, and offered an insight into his attacking philosophy. “We need to make the same movements but faster, this for me is where I am more concentrating…For me it’s better to win a game 4-3 than 1-0. We spend more time attacking because attacking and goals is what people like.”
    and

Gombau has mentioned in recent weeks that the next part of his style of play is to implement a 3-4-3 formation, and he suggested that the team would alter between the two depending on the type of opposition they were up against. Gombau also said that a shift in formation could also help his side to break down stubborn defences.

“At Barca we worked two styles, two systems. One is 1-4-3-3, one is 1-3-4-3…This depends how many strikers that they (the opposition) have…I want to work in 1-3-4-3 for these games were the other team just defends, they don’t allow us spaces.”

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    signing jeggo on a 1 year deal seems strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Are you dissing the modern day libero, m8?
    OK

u mean the goalkeeper yeah?

u mean the goalkeeper yeah?
    straight outta catalonia

Gombau's "system" is to attempt to play a really high defensive line (hence why they get so many cards, because the defenders are roped into fouling promising counter attacks), have the keeper play as a libero, get lots of passing done & basically let Spanish guys rape your defensive line.
    OK

SST have reported that Brown and Chapman could be going to City.
    Brown rumor is believable as his off contract but I can't see Chapman going his still contracted to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    SST have reported that Brown and Chapman could be going to City.
    Brown rumor is believable as his off contract but I can't see Chapman going his still contracted to us.
    Brown can go, and this is the club that lets our top goalscorer go for a minimal transfer fee, if one at all.

All hail Middleby.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

City?

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    City?
    Come on Mr Fish Heart are dead and buried next year it will be Melbourne City playing in sky blue. If you think anything else you're delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'd like to think chapman would stay given the new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Come on Mr Fish Heart are dead and buried next year it will be Melbourne City playing in sky blue. If you think anything else you're delusional.
    thought you were meaning Coventry

Would be pretty disappointed if we let Chapman go on a NTS style mutually terminated contract. If Heart sign him, I imagine a full season playing under a decent manager will see him off to Europe like that other guy Heart sold who wasn't anywhere near as good as Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Would be pretty disappointed if we let Chapman go on a NTS style mutually terminated contract. If Heart sign him, I imagine a full season playing under a decent manager will see him off to Europe like that other guy Heart sold who wasn't anywhere near as good as Chapman.
    Agree. He'll probably get better exposure to better coaches at a bigger organisation like Man City which is good for the National Team and that's about it.