Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Clark OUT

Lee Clark OUT

if ray gatt is correct that's our new boss

He's getting Birmingham relegated from the Championship. He can't be any good

the bloke did alright at Huddersfield though. Was unbeaten for 43 games according to wiki in 2011/12

Let me post what was crossposted in the BCFC foz from his time at Huddersfield
    This was taken from the Huddersfield supporters forum.

Clark and the sack.

To the uninformed spectator the decision may seem bizarre, however Huddersfield fans have been far from disappointed at the decision, and most actively welcomed it.

Ian Bennett, Gary Naysmith, Damien Johnson, Joey Gudjonsson and Alan Lee all examples of the experience Clark felt necessary. On paper these signings looked to be exactly what the club needed. However as the season progressed it was clear that some of Clark`s signings were over the hill and simply happy to collect one final pay-packet. This left Town with a squad of youngsters and has-beens with very few players at the peak of their footballing ability.

Clark`s tactical shortcomings were not the only thing that annoyed Town fans though.

Clark was never been able to address Huddersfield`s problem area of central midfield, despite a host of signings aimed at addressing the issue.

There was a growing sense of apathy around the club due to the prospect of another season in League One, with empty stadiums and long ball football. Again, Huddersfield were victim to drawing too many games and sacrificing winning positions and there was a growing feeling that this was down to Clark`s tactical shortcomings.

Despite Town still riding high in the table fans were disillusioned with the brand of football they were being made to watch. Fans where struggling to justify the high prices of going to watch football, Huddersfield have simply not played an attractive enough brand of football to warrant extortionately high ticket prices and to watch boring games.

Furthermore Clark`s man-management skills have come under scrutiny and generally been found wanting. Donal McDermott and Anton Robinson had both impressed for Bournemouth, but were never able to show their ability under Clark. Indeed, as the season wore on, it appeared that some players were scared of playing for Lee Clark. This was in part due to Clark`s increasingly strange team selections, which prevented players from gaining confidence. From one week to the next it was as if the selection was random. Players would go from not even being in the squad for months on end to suddenly being plunged into the starting eleven, Danny Cadamarteri for instance. This scattergun policy to selection prevented Huddersfield from gaining any real consistency and confidence, and this is reflected in the quality of football and entertainment towards the end of Clark`s regime.

Lee Clark should be praised for his 100% commitment and enthusiasm to the cause.

The major gripe among Town fans was how much the quality of football has decreased since the beginning of his reign. Though the sacking came as a surprise to many pundits, those who have followed Clark and Huddersfield this season understand the sacking was justified. His comments to the media have made him seem, at times, deluded and desperate.
    And the overall impression I am getting from BCFC supporters is he is a poor man manager, plays long ball football and they cant win at home.

GVE Mk2 imo
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    the bloke did alright at Huddersfield though. Was unbeaten for 43 games according to wiki in 2011/12
    GVE has never lost a game as Huddersfield boss. Ever.

if ray gatt is correct that's our new boss

He's getting Birmingham relegated from the Championship. He can't be any good
    Jee you were quick on this thread. Birmingham are in huge financial trouble because of their owners tax evasion and subsequent gaoling I believe. I know a couple of massive Birmingham city fans who are actually from Birmingham. Club basically going backwards as all owners assets frozen. Lee Clark is on a hiding to nothing ATM
    Last edited by Tommyjet; 02-05-2014 at 07:33 PM.

I am willing to give him a chance though to prove my thoughts from looking at his previous performances wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Jee you were quick on this thread. Birmingham are in huge financial trouble because of their owners tax evasion and subsequent gaoling I believe. I know a couple of massive Birmingham city fans who are actually from Birmingham. Club basically going backwards as all owners assists frozen. Lee Clark is on a hiding to nothing ATM
    I felt an urge to continue the foz tradition

Also his connection to Bridgey is they played at Sunderland together between 1997 and 1999

I felt an urge to continue the foz tradition
    Well within your rights

Attachment 698

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Cla...eer_statistics

Looks like a jets style appointment.... I'm sure he'll be happy to have Bridgey on his bench and that's all that matters.

41% win record, might scrape into the top 6 happy days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Its rubbish anyway, word is Jonesy in advanced talks

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ray gatt was just throwing a name out for fun, at least I'm hoping its another gaffa with a better footballing philosophy.

This left Town with a squad of youngsters and has-beens with very few players at the peak of their footballing ability.
    gve may not have made us play long ball but he did leave our squad with this condition. 2'ps ina pod

Happy to give him a chance and will reserve my judgement until I see how he recruits and sets the team out to play.

That's if we sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ray gatt was just throwing a name out for fun, at least I'm hoping its another gaffa with a better footballing philosophy.
    ratt said that Arny was coming here for sure. he's fos

To be fair, drawing games is a start over losing games.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Even Lawrie McKinna would be a better choice and sure the Jerks would not oppose to him running Gosford....

No offence to Lee Clark but signing a coach from a club that is getting relegated from the English Championship just does not get me excited one bit.

No offence, but I don't think lee clark probably cares what any of us think.

I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I would take Rudan, Okon, Milicic, Stubbins, Jones, heck probably even Bleiberg over this bloke.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1