Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BeIN/foxspurts vs Optus - who will triumph?

Banned
    Personally I couldn't give two ****s about the EPL. This new deal with La Liga Bundesliga Serie A etc suite me much better

I only sporadically watch EPL anyway and usually only for a particular game every now and then

I will just now watch it at a licensed venue or stream the ****er

Happy days for me

euros and league playoffs makes it a no brainer. Just cut back 3 pub beers per week and it pays for itself

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Personally I couldn't give two ****s about the EPL. This new deal with La Liga Bundesliga Serie A etc suite me much better

I only sporadically watch EPL anyway and usually only for a particular game every now and then

I will just now watch it at a licensed venue or stream the ****er

Happy days for me
    Agree. Think older folk who either can't or don't want to get up/ stay up in the early hours would agree with you.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    looking pretty good so far, three new channels (two if you already had BeIn)

I'd have gotten up to watch the Wednesday v Brighton playoff game this morning but 5–7 a.m. seems to be the only time the baby doesn't scream and we can get some sleep

seeing as foxtel saw fit to discontinue the xbox360 support i switched across to an iq2 box yesterday

don't have much to complain about, i forgot how good HD is

yew bewdy, havent bein this excited since our U8s grandfinal win (@Lance York) and every one got free paddle pops

Pumped for the Championship Semi tonight. Enough to give me a semi of my own
    Last edited by WolfMan; 14-05-2016 at 08:31 PM.

http://www.afr.com/technology/web/op...#ixzz48rBVnuUq

have you ever read such absolute dribble?

"Clearly EPL fans are very passionate, we totally understand that, but we are trying to do something here to disrupt the market and we knew and expected that there will always be people that don't like change," Mr White said"
    "Obviously the World Cup is still a couple of years away, and I think the market's understanding of what it is we are offering will be clearer ... and people will have a much greater appreciation for what we are doing at that point in time," Mr White said. "
    basically we will extort you, force you onto a terrible delivery platform for live sport, stonewall the content, and eventually you'll come appreciate it.

jeez how easy would it be to get a job at optus? all you have to do is be a massive jerkoff

Banned
    So the Euros are taking a pause.
    The Copa has finished

There is **** all football on the planet at the moment

All I can say is how good is Foxtel now they have ****ed off the EPL and given us BeIn sports??

I basically have 6-7 channels with football on all day now.

Can't wait to the Euro Leagues start and I can watch SerieA La Logs Bundesliga etc to add to the mix

**** the EPL I am more pissed Foxtel didn't do this sooner

So you haven't got any plans with Optus Member?.... I got land line and Internet with that mob at home and they giving me EPL at no extra cost......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Or you can just stream any game you want to watch for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So you haven't got any plans with Optus Member?.... I got land line and Internet with that mob at home and they giving me EPL at no extra cost......
    None whatsoever

I don't have the greatest interest in the EPL anyway.

Will watch the occasional big game here or there but don't watch it religiously anyway.

Much more interested in checking out the elite Euro Leagues i am gonna see this season

Updated thread title
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

hey furndoggle what are you going to do?

outside of liverpool games i assume that you probably wouldn't care too much if fox pulls their live EPL coverage as you head to cheers etc.

are you going to stump up?

on another note, my mate who's the publican up the road said the optus sales guy came in and was hitting him up to get it put on, spruiking it etc...mate replies

"we shut at 12. why the **** would i pay $3000 a month to have something that doesn't work in my pub, that no-one will ever be able to watch? you blokes are out of your mind"

Mate, have been an Optus customer for years. Had been considering switching until Telstra started having all the outages.
    Already had the Optus fetch TV box and hardly used it, so at least now I am actually going to get some use out of the thing
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Mate, have been an Optus customer for years. Had been considering switching until Telstra started having all the outages.
    Already had the Optus fetch TV box and hardly used it, so at least now I am actually going to get some use out of the thing
    That's all well and good, but you (and others who already have Optus services) are not their target market.

The whole point of Optus obtaining the rights to EPL is to increase subscription to their network as a whole.

From my limited understanding, this does not appear to be happening at the levels required to make it profitable.

Also, as it stands all those existing Optus customers are only eligible for the first season without charge. Next season may be a different and more expensive story.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the long run

Now they got Stringer Bell doing ads.
    Nope.
    Still not doing it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    That's all well and good, but you (and others who already have Optus services) are not their target market.

The whole point of Optus obtaining the rights to EPL is to increase subscription to their network as a whole.

From my limited understanding, this does not appear to be happening at the levels required to make it profitable.

Also, as it stands all those existing Optus customers are only eligible for the first season without charge. Next season may be a different and more expensive story.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the long run
    Just part of the marketing campaign

First up use it as a threat to get customers to switch to their product

Guaranteed there be plenty who come August do so whether reluctant or not.

Then it will come available as a subscription service like an app you pay for each month and will be available to other service providers in sold vis Optus to Telstra Vodafone etc

Banned
    On another note I am loving Foxtel now

Last night watched some doco s on the great Club sides of the past Bayern early 70s Santos with Pele Milan in the late 80s early 90s

Fascinating stuff

Throw in the odd doco on some past player whether famous or obscure it captivating stuff

Then watch some replayed action from leagues around the world

Can't wait for the actual football to start

Foxtel doing great things for football fans it has to be said

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    On another note I am loving Foxtel now

Last night watched some doco s on the great Club sides of the past Bayern early 70s Santos with Pele Milan in the late 80s early 90s

Fascinating stuff

Throw in the odd doco on some past player whether famous or obscure it captivating stuff

Then watch some replayed action from leagues around the world

Can't wait for the actual football to start

Foxtel doing great things for football fans it has to be said
    I agree. I am also enjoying the variety. The transition has been made easier by the Copa and Euros being on at the moment. Had this occurred next season, I don't know how effective the campaign would have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles