Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2014 World Cup Socceroos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Wiltshire apparently didn't look after his injuries to a standard the medicos wanted, or upload his training and nutrition data ange wanted.

He didn't do what the coach asked, he's hardly gonna get picked.
    I've also heard a rumour and I don't know how much truth there is to it, that Wilkshire played up while in Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    still it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take guys like mass luongo and bailey wright, who were never going to get a game, instead of someone who could have proven to be valuable to the squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Who stuffed up? Ange or the player?

If a coach sets a standard and a player doesnt meet it, the coach would be a fool to turn a blind eye, it'd undermine his own authority.

I read somewhere ange wanted all the lads to use an app to record training and nutrition data, Wiltshire didn't..... What's a coach to do.
    Player.

Couldn't agree more. To many players think they are above the game. If you cant or don't put in the effort why think you deserve the rewards.

2nd best World Cup ever IMO.
    1. Germany '06
    2. Vegas '14
    Caaaarrrnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    still it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take guys like mass luongo and bailey wright, who were never going to get a game, instead of someone who could have proven to be valuable to the squad.

Milligan went to Germany. Never got game time. Same in sth Africa, now he's one of our first picked. Sometimes you've gotta take a few for the experience.

Ange was ****ed over by Pim and Holger not blooding blokes earlier.

Did you guys see Wilkshire against south africa? he really did look like he was carrying some condition!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup...625-zskoz.html

it's pretty rich of slater to criticise someone else's commentary considering he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

i might be in the minority but i personally loved foz's commentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Slater and Foster... both players...neither commentators IMO...give me Ned Zelic anyday
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup...625-zskoz.html

it's pretty rich of slater to criticise someone else's commentary considering he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I don't rate Slater much as a Commentator either but I agree with him, I had to watch the Australian games in mute. Foster was and is terrible at Commentating, small things like Timmy's off side goal versus Chile Foster said "Cahill is arguably offside" when blind freddy could see he was clearly 2ft offside. There were many more I can't think of off the top of my head but I give up and mute was the better option.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Foz is a shocking commentator. Some of what he said was cringeworthy and embarrasing. So much so that when i was out for the chile game people were really laughing at him.

In saying that, Slater saying anything is like Hey Dad having a go at Uncle Rolf!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Fosters big problem during a game is that he doesn't commentate. Its 90mins of analyisis. It bores the shit out of me and sucks the fun out of any game. There is a place for analysis, but its not during the game.

And for FFS, he sounded like he was going to top himself at the end of the Spain game when we were 3 down.

Problem is, the Fox commentary is equally bad in other ways.

Slater calling someone else on bad commentary though is ****ing hilarious, as was fosters response on twitter.

Craig_Foster: @RobbieSlater17 Rob, your thoughts are excretions. I long ago tired of your intellectual bowel movements. Bit harsh, eminently constructive
    Two powerhouse intellectuals going toe to toe.

Same here TBH.
    OK

I love him because he clearly isn't a commentator. He is an analyst who can't help but let his MASSIVE football fan come to the fore. Doesn't hide his bias at all and let's his emotions overflow.

If you start thinking that he is actually a commentator when he isn't, that's where hate comes from. And hate leads to fear. Fear leads to loathing. And fear and loathing lead to Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I love him because he clearly isn't a commentator. He is an analyst who can't help but let his MASSIVE football fan come to the fore. Doesn't hide his bias at all and let's his emotions overflow.

If you start thinking that he is actually a commentator when he isn't, that's where hate comes from. And hate leads to fear. Fear leads to loathing. And fear and loathing lead to Las Vegas.
    We need to bring out some of the British blokes. They may make games between Perth and Wellington actually exciting.............Actually screw that when watching games at home I struggle to stay awake.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

Agreed. I loved how near the end of the Spain game Foz just went "we're 3 down. We have to get going here. Come on boys, let's do this!"
    OK

Can't stand him to be honest. To me it's the constant "I know what is best for football in this country, we need this, we need to do that, we need to focus on this, you're a shit coach, you're a shit coach". I get he's an analyst (questionable), but if he think he knows all the answers,give it a go, get out of your air conditioned office with all your cheat sheets of statistics and drawing triangles on a tv screen and jump into the pressure cooker of coaching.

I understand his job is to analyse, and that generally involves being critical, but i really just want him to give it a crack, since he seems to know how to be number 1 in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Same here TBH.
    Yeah me too..

I can't stand Slater commentating.. Getting up Foz and telling him to be more professional in the com box is a bit hypocritical..
    He doesn't stop whacking off and giving massive reach-arounds to the gypos or smurfs when either of those two are playing..