Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Pre-Season aka The Cevapi Tour

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Maybe it was so he could tweet about the poor accommodation if need be (amirite couscous).
    Quality local journalism.

Banned
    So let me get this right.

The extent of our pre season is wins against our Yoof team and dishing out a hiding to Weston Bears U22-s U19-s etc and we are convincingly beaten by our HAL alumni each game we play then and every other time we have played anyone outside the NNSW NPL we have failed to score???

So we have what 27 weeks coming up of being inept to endure??

How long before the bring back Gary chants start??

Certainly seems like there is going to be a shit load of pressure on Flores to perform.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How long before the bring back Gary chants start??
    Never....

It should ne noted that we have only played two games against HAL opposition, and 2 games can't really be taken as a pattern, 3 on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

i don't know how we would all cope if the team started winning consistently.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Its a good thing it is unlikely to happen anytime soon so not point concerning ourselves with that

winning consistently

Those two words should never be in the same post on the foz!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post

Those two words should never be in the same post on the foz!
    Where as the words losing consistently should be mandatory

Where as the words losing consistently should be mandatory

We'd be whinging that we didn't score enough, obviously.

Either that or it would be very quiet
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I’ll be happy to see us start winning, hell even scoring or just competing consistently, but we seem to have taken this attitude that every game we have been playing in the opposition is “further ahead than us” I just hope we haven’t decided to wait until half way through the season before we start taking HAL games seriously. The attitude to the FFA Cup game is what really pissed me off, we never even looked like approaching it seriously, and it reflected in the prep & play of the team. This is a competition that is trying to get off the ground, and was a chance to have additional games and possibly silverware at the end of it but we just brushed it off as nothing more than a training run that the club could make money off, contrast that to the attitude of other clubs who treated it seriously & got results.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

I'd be happy if we lost all our games but still won the Grand Final.
    It's the big games that count.

Banned
    Big Phil could well be a tactical genius here.

Usually we forget the ineptness of our past performances then storm through pre season and approach the season with optimism that the corner has been turned and then we are found wanting in Rd 1 before a couple of victories see the hopes built up before the mediocrity sets in and despite the occasional performance where it looks like it may come together we still finish outside the playoff zone.

Phil in his infinite wisdom is stripping any hope of optimism of us early. Just expect to be shit from Pre Season to Round 27.

The whole glass is half full or half empty conundrum.

Instead of thinking it is half empty we will think a couple of wins will see it half full as we have accepted being shite earlier

Either that or he is trying to lull the Gypos into a sense of complacency Rd 1 to ambush them

****ing Genius

Watching the 5 minute video isnt the greatest way to assess 90minutes, but i thought the way goodwin ddidnt shoot but tried to find a player in the box seemed very much like he had instructions to play the pass.

We also seemed to be sending them wide and not letting them come down the middle (despite being raped down the flanks)

if Phil is working on things in these games then the results genuinely don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    if Phil is working on things in these games then the results genuinely don't matter.
    Would much rather be losing in the pre-season as a result of trying to sort the team come the actual season then trying to work out the problems during the actual season

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Would much rather be losing in the pre-season as a result of trying to sort the team come the actual season then trying to work out the problems during the actual season
    Problem is our coach & club have been saying these sorts of things for years now and still struggle to have an effective game plan come round 1. We always seem to get a couple of lucky results and then the fade out begins, which should be what your Perth's and Brisbane's should be encountering if they are already taking games seriously, or maybe that's why we never fire, a poor attitude from the outset infects the season before it even begins & we are left chasing the tail of the competition.

Forever 7th!

Looks like the games tomorrow are going to be streamed... huzzah.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9...events/3329194

So let me get this right.

The extent of our pre season is wins against our Yoof team and dishing out a hiding to Weston Bears U22-s U19-s etc and we are convincingly beaten by our HAL alumni each game we play then and every other time we have played anyone outside the NNSW NPL we have failed to score???

So we have what 27 weeks coming up of being inept to endure??

Pretty decent result against Juve.

Yes, I know it wasn't their first team.

Banned
    JOEL Griffiths expects a much improved performance against Sydney FC in the second game of the Townsville Football Cup tonight, but the striker admits the Jets are a long way from the finished product.

Griffiths will wear the captain’s armband ABOUT ****ING TIME in the absence of Kew Jaliens, who picked up a knock in the 4-0 loss to A-League champions Brisbane Roar on Sunday.

The Sky Blues, who like the Jets have a new coach and turned over personnel, opened the round robin with a 3-1 victory over former A-League club North Queensland Fury and present a different challenge to the Roar.

‘‘Sydney have a lot of good players and again it will be tough,’’ Griffiths said. ‘‘We have a lot of players coming back and a lot of players who are nowhere near where they have to be in fitness. We will get better, that is for sure.

‘‘We have to be hungrier. That starts from the front.’’

The Jets had no answer to the mobility, ball movement and defensive pressure of the Roar, who have retained most of their championship squad.

The magnitude and the manner of the loss left Griffiths doubting the team and himself. WHY??The rest of them are just shit ****s Griff You are still a god

‘‘I was questioning whether we have the right players, whether we have enough players, if I’m still up to playing at this level,’’WHY?? The rest of them are just shit ****s Griff You are still a god
    the 35-year-old former Golden Boot said.

‘‘It took me two days to come to grips with it. Just the type of attitude we need

‘‘You have to put things into perspective. We were not up to the Roar standard. We definitely have the potential to get there but at the moment we are a long way off.

‘‘There are a lot of things we have to work on and we are working our hardest to rectify that. We need to get that winning mentality back.

‘‘It will come.

‘‘Brisbane, in particular, are already there. They can only get so much better. We have a lot of scope for improvement.’’

Griffiths partnered Jeronimo Neumann up front in a 4-4-2 formation against the Roar.

The Argentinian, who is only a week back into full training, drops to the bench tonight with coach Phil Stubbins likely to switch to a 4-3-3.

Adelaide teenage triallist Allan Welsh will cover for Jaliens alongside Adrian Madaschi in the heart of defence. Taylor Regan will play in a midfield screening role in front of the back four.

‘‘It will be a good test and it’s a good opportunity for players,’’ Griffiths said.

‘‘We had a good training session today.

‘‘It is a lot clearer now with what is needed in defence.’’

Ecuadorean striker Edson Montano, who arrived in Newcastle last week, will again come off the bench.

‘‘He looks like a guy who can hold the ball up well,’’ Griffiths said.

‘‘It will take time for him to find his feet. I, for one, know what it is like to go to a foreign country and fit in.

‘‘He will get time. That is one thing we have.’’

Jets (likely): Mark Birighitti; Sam Gallaway, Allan Welsh, Adrian Madaschi, David Carney; Taylor Regan, Jacob Pepper, Jonny Steele; James Virgili, Joel Griffiths, Craig Goodwin
    Hopefully a few issues will be ironed out here by Stubbins

Firstly Griff should be given his rightful role of captain and this glaring oversight is corrected.

Secondly hopefully Birraz doesn't let 4 in and we can settle all disputes as to who is the Number 1 Keeper

In that article I read..

"Griff says Jets are poo and considers retirement"