Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Pre-Season aka The Cevapi Tour

thanks for the updates keep them coming

Regan off. Pepper on. Think injury but was walking ok. involved in heavy challenge just before
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Jets pen. Handball by dura I think. Griff to take.

23rd minute goal. Bottom right. Keeper dives right way
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Kanta booked after giving it away and lunging in with a stupid challenge

Griff shot outside box. Great diving save by moss

1-0 HT. Griff 23rd min pen

We're looking ok. Open at the back on the counter with the pace of Brockie and burns. We 're applying a lot of midfield pressure. Nev looking solid. Kew playing lots of diagonal and long balls. Gallagher doing alright. Carney ok but welcome exposed down his side.

Kanta is passing accurately...to any player wearing yellow. Pepper having a good game and is lively. Steele is fast becoming my face player for the coming season. He's gotva great touch, lots of effort and pressures really well.

Griff doing well. Jeronimo doing ok - struggling a bit on the right. Montano is strong and physical but with a good touch. More fitness and I think we've got a player there.

There's goals in this game. Nix have had chances. They look a bit more cohesive going forward where we are getting a bit bogged down working it out from the back.

Kanga sent off. Second yellow

Flores on for montano

Nev off. Gallaway on

1-1. Brockie. Turned our defenders too easily

Birraz didn't dive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Nev off. Gallaway on
    Gallaway on...... 1-1

Virgilli on. Neumann off

2-1 Virgilli

Banned
    All Hail Stubbins

We may not get the spoon and be ten points adrift by Xmas

We have a problem at left back cause Carney ain't that useful and to me looked like he has been in a good paddock.

Kanta is a ****ing problem though the 2 challenges were ****ing stupid and deserving.

Chillis goal would have been interesting if the Nix keeper hadn't of slipped half a second before Chilli shot.

Flowers with a great through ball.

Got to love Griff. Bloke does his gasket at the ref after a tackle is ruled no foul and he loses his boot. Griff then runs around for 30 seconds with the boot in hand before launching in with a Kevin Muscat special to get the time to out his boot back on whilst the ref is carding him

Forza Griff

Crowd was pretty piss poor in number barely 1k and a good reflection on the levels this game was promoted by Jets

I thought there was at least 1.5K there

Montano showed few good touches in first 30 minutes but also looked a bit slow and lazy after 30.... Thoughts?

Griff
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Disagree with the member re Carney, Thought he combined well with Johny " The Real deal " Steele. Steele's workrate i thought was good. Really looking forward too seeing a fit Monty, Just might have jagged a quality player there. Great touch from Flores for the second goal.

All in all i thought we played with a lot more intent and when we did knock the ball around we were not doing it just for the sake of the stats or to keep a pubic haired muppet happy but looked to be positive with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Kanta is a ****ing problem though the 2 challenges were ****ing stupid and deserving.
    The second tackle in particular was a shocker. No need for that at that point of the game, especially given Wellington weren't exactly attacking our goal at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I thought there was at least 1.5K there
    What was the crowd at the Perth game? Today was well under that. I'd say half of whatever the perth game was at best.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The second tackle in particular was a shocker. No need for that at that point of the game, especially given Wellington weren't exactly attacking our goal at the time.

What was the crowd at the Perth game? Today was well under that. I'd say half of whatever the perth game was at best.
    Over 4000 for Perth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Disagree with the member re Carney, Thought he combined well with Johny " The Real deal " Steele. Steele's workrate i thought was good. Really looking forward too seeing a fit Monty, Just might have jagged a quality player there. Great touch from Flores for the second goal.

All in all i thought we played with a lot more intent and when we did knock the ball around we were not doing it just for the sake of the stats or to keep a pubic haired muppet happy but looked to be positive with it.
    It has nothing to do with Carneys abilities to combine in attack with anyone. The bloke is quite competent as an attacking player it is defensively which is the issue. To me he looked exactly what he is a bloke who ain't a full back playing there. Defensively he gets caught out and will prove he is a liability.

Would prefer Gallaway at left back than him. At least Galloway ain't gonna get raped defensively every game even if he contributes less than zero in attack