Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Pre-Season aka The Cevapi Tour

Each to there own but i would start Carney over Gallaway every day of the week. I think Phil has it right at this point in time.

IMO Gallaway is not A League standard.

Gallaway was at partial fault to the Phoeonix goal but picked himself up and defended decently. I noticed Stubbins was giving a lot of encouragement to Lundy and Gallaway when they were on

Overall I thought it was a decent performance
    Neither side had too many chances, there were a lot of fouls.

Stubbins tactics - quite direct at times and tried to play quickly, but sometimes had more patient build up utilising dribbling strengths of players. Full backs played high and wide in attack and the formation was quite compact and narrow in defence. The players seemed to challenge for most balls in midfield in defence which lead to fouls and cards.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Would prefer Gallaway at left back than him. At least Galloway ain't gonna get raped defensively every game even if he contributes less than zero in attack
    I let alot of rubbish slide but gee whizz come one mate. First you want gypos playing for our country now you pretty much want gallaway captain

Anyone else in mudgee today?
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Should check out the local disc golf course...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Yep.

Catch ya at the game pal
    OK

What a boring game.
    OK

It could have been worse.

You could've been at home with the flu watching a stream run by the coasties.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    It could have been worse.

You could've been at home with the flu watching a stream run by the coasties.
    or have a 8hr return drive. take A, spend all day watching bar tv & 1970's motd

The stream commentary was pretty bad.

Banned
    Is it just me or does it seem bizarre that our pretty average pre season sees us finished with quality opponents so far out (3 weeks before season KO) and all we have left now is a week of training a game against the Young Socceroos which lets face it will not be at 100% intensity and 2 weeks more of training and Shirts and Skins matches at Ray Watt before Rd 1 and the most important game of the ****ing season arrives??

If we were behind other HAL clubs a couple of weeks ago in Nth Qld then surely the games against Phoenix and Gypos have not exactly seen us set the world on fire enough to be considered caught up

Is it just me or does it seem bizarre that our pretty average pre season sees us finished with quality opponents so far out (3 weeks before season KO) and all we have left now is a week of training a game against the Young Socceroos which lets face it will not be at 100% intensity and 2 weeks more of training and Shirts and Skins matches at Ray Watt before Rd 1 and the most important game of the ****ing season arrives??

If we were behind other HAL clubs a couple of weeks ago in Nth Qld then surely the games against Phoenix and Gypos have not exactly seen us set the world on fire enough to be considered caught up
    "work in progress"????

We're aiming to be in good form for our first home game.

Don't forget that with the FFA Cup, it would have been difficult to line up opponents without knowing how we or other A-League clubs would progress

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Don't forget that with the FFA Cup, it would have been difficult to line up opponents without knowing how we or other A-League clubs would progress
    we could have organised a game against Wanderers or someone as soon as they got knocked out

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    we could have organised a game against Wanderers or someone as soon as they got knocked out
    Wanderers have ACL commitments.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I take it you didn't get the email outlining the other matches they have lined up.
    It came through at 5:02
    Last edited by GazFish35; 25-09-2014 at 05:59 PM.

calm everyone, we are aiming for 7th. We dont need to over do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    calm everyone, we are aiming for 7th. We dont need to over do it now.
    Yeah and 7 is good....in some other country it takes you to Europa league