Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Pre-Season aka The Cevapi Tour

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Just to clarify its not me responding on the twitter
    I only assume it's you half the time. When doing updates on midweek trial game, I assume you're not mad dashing up to those.

BK doing the biz again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    BK doing the biz again.
    Stubbins playing him tonight as his first choice keeper had a photo shoot in Sydney today and wasn't available and also needs to introduce BK to his teammates for the upcomong NYL

From @notfurns (aka @newyboys) on twitter...

it looked something like this: BK, Reegz-Jaliens-Madaschi, Ward-Kanta, Goodwin-Oxborrow-Pepper, Barresi, Griffo. 3-2-4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Stubbins playing him tonight as his first choice keeper had a photo shoot in Sydney today and wasn't available and also needs to introduce BK to his teammates for the upcomong NYL
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Oh I have no doubt that Biraz will get first dibs. It still doesn't mean he's our best 'keeper.

Also, speaking of photo shoots any word whether Biraz dived at any of the shots being taken? These things are important (apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh I have no doubt that Biraz will get first dibs. It still doesn't mean he's our best 'keeper.

Also, speaking of photo shoots any word whether Biraz dived at any of the shots being taken? These things are important (apparently).
    No. He didn't.
    He was told not to, otherwise the shirt would disintegrate.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Jonny Steele ON I heard.... From New York to Weston!!!!!
    Good to see a man moving up in the world

To watch the charade of a match??
    **** No

1 It Is Cold
    2 It will mean I have to go to Kurri
    3 They will take most of the HAL players off at HT to save them (From what I have no idea aren't they meant to be building match fitness form etc)
    4 Playing the Yoof team for a pre season match is a ****ing joke
    5 Will miss Home and Away and Simpsons Reruns on Foxtel

Bad enough having to watch the other charade matches when they play NBN sides let alone this farce
    Lol MFKS

Yeah I didn't bother either with this meaningless trial have in the past before though. Credit to the people that braved the cold at weston and went along especially on week night. Didn't even bother with my own football training tonight even though at one stage I was almost ready to go. Instead I enjoyed having a steak shouted at wests brothers finished tests, first day of tafe done for the semester etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

We are undefeated in Preseason. Going to be a good year
    Go jetties

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Lol MFKS

Yeah I didn't bother either with this meaningless trial have in the past before though. Credit to the people that braved the cold at weston and went along especially on week night. Didn't even bother with my own football training tonight even though at one stage I was almost ready to go. Instead I enjoyed having a steak shouted at wests brothers finished tests, first day of tafe done for the semester etc.
    I will go watch them play Weston next week even though it will be still a sham match but no way in the world was I travelling up there for that shit last night.

FFS Would have been better to just have had an intra club game with the Yoof filling in the holes for the likes of Flores Carney etc who weren't available

Too many goals last night for my liking.
    Remember....be Champions!

From reading report they played 70 mins last night. I always thought the length of game was 90 minutes and it wasn't as if there were heat issues like trials for NPL etc. Surely they are not that far out of nick that they couldn't play the full 90. Are they going to play 90 against Weston or are we building up so we can play 90 in the first game of the season.

Yesterday they said they'd play 3x 30mins, but yep the report says 2x 35mins.

I thought Stubbins was meant to be this Hull-born-n-bred, British so he must know football, old school of hard knocks, 45min halves type dude.
    OK

the whole fixture was a farce anyways, so the minutes don't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Yeah, I wouldn't get too perturbed by it..
    I viewed it as if it was just a training session game on a different field..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    We are undefeated in Preseason. Going to be a good year
    better than last year (or season before) when we lost to youth

at least when you have pres-season friendlies against yourself you can be certain both sides will take the park

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't get too perturbed by it..
    I viewed it as if it was just a training session game on a different field..
    This - people get wound up about nothing these days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This - people get wound up about nothing these days.
    Its not necessarily getting wound up about nothing.

Most of us just want to see the club prepare well and strongly for the HAL so when Round One comes we are firing.

Playing the Yoof team and a string of NBN sides and not making the players play the full 90 is a joke.

Still struggle to understand when we play the HAL sides in pre season why we don't have 2 games played as you have a squad of 22-23 or whatever it is.

Be better prep to play 2 games and give your squad the full 90 mins with the Yoof plugging the holes and subs for those not ready for 90 mins than seeing half the side go through the motions for 45 mins and then subbed off for the rest of the side at HT to do the same.

Maybe toughening up is what we need