Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qatargate - FIFA had a Blatter problem

Qatargate - FIFA had a Blatter problem

Will there be another vote or will Qatar hold the 2022 WC?

FIFA will cover their arses and even if another vote goes ahead Qatar will win again and still host the cup.

The big thing that needs to come out of this is the sacking of everybody found to be involved.

I think the only chance of a re-vote (Minus Qatar) is if Blatter loose the FIFA presidency, which is unlikely .......

Imagine the lawsuit if they try to take it away!
    Everyone involved needs to be sacked and then i reckon they will just have to deal with what has happened and go with it.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

I think Jerome Champagne only candidate to run against blatter and he would be in favour of a re-vote. Platini would favour Qatar however i don't think he will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency

Bhah.
    Qatar will keep it.
    FIFA will blather on about 'making the process more transparent' in the future.
    We will tut-tut at the naughty, greedy people like Wagner and bin hamman and move right along.
    I'm actually excited about Qatar having it. Something different. Might actually go.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Might actually go.
    Hope they move it to winter then.....u don't want to be there in July!!!!!

Bhah.
    Bin-Tang singlet.
    Akubra with corks hanging off it.
    Coconut oil.
    Stubbies.
    Sorted.

Bonzer mate!!!!

Canberra looks to get back $40m from Qatar bid

Adrian Proszenko, Heath Aston

Published: June 13, 2014 - 3:00AM
    Advertisement

The Abbott government will consider legal action to recoup more than $40 million wasted on Australia's futile bid to host the 2022 football World Cup, won by oil-rich Qatar on the back of alleged systematic bribery.

Minister for Sport Peter Dutton said the government would ''consider options'' to claw back the money after reports that Qatari officials showered cash on football officials across the globe to secure the hosting rights in a landslide. Australia pulled just one vote.

Australian Football Federation chairman Frank Lowy has demanded FIFA return the money, while former Soccer Australia boss David Hill has said the Rudd government was ''mad'' to risk public funds ''when everybody knew the process was crook".

Qatar's apparent foul play has become a topic of concern in Canberra, with the head of the Health Department - which now oversees the Sport portfolio - agreeing that the process was ''crooked''.

Health secretary Jane Halton was questioned by independent Nick Xenophon in a senate hearing on the $42.25 million the government contributed.

''Given that the bidding process appears to have been deeply tainted and that Australia appears not to have had a sporting chance of succeeding in its bid, is the Australian government proposing to approach FIFA about a refund? The whole process seems to have been pretty crooked to me, Professor Halton,'' Senator Xenophon said.

''I do not disagree with you,'' she replied, then saying legal recourse was a question for the minister.

Mr Dutton said the government would wait for the results of FIFA's independent investigation into the allegations football officials pocketed up to $US5 million in cash, as well as lavish gifts and free travel from former FIFA vice-president and Qatari national Mohamed bin Hammam.

''I think it's one step at a time and the first step is to wait and see … what the world body does. And then I think we can consider options,'' Mr Dutton said.

''Australia is obviously one of a number of countries that bid but I think the first step is to determine what is going to happen with Qatar.''

On Thursday, Senator Xenophon said: ''We never had a chance, taxpayers were ripped off and Sepp Blatter as president of FIFA should hang his head in shame that the bid has not yet been re-opened.''

Speaking in Sao Paulo on Wednesday, Mr Lowy said Australia's support for Mr Blatter hinged on his response to the report into corruption claims by FIFA chief investigator Michael Garcia.

This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/fede...612-3a0d6.html
    good luck boys.

Nick Xenophon, seriously?

Waiting for Michael Garcia's report ...... Should be revealed soon

Not looking good... !! Incredible : @WorldFBinsider: FIFA Investigator Report on World Cup Bidding Corruption Won't Go Public http://t.co/EsYwbCxG9G #FIFA #transparency #Qatar2022 #Russia2018y

Banned
    Why is this really an issue.

Every **** on the planet knows FIFA are corrupt and Qatar bought the World Cup.

Seriously whats the problem??

This is how the game is played. They were better at it than everyone else

You think the $46 million we spent went all on Elle Macpherson and a CGI Kangaroo and never went into backhanders??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why is this really an issue.

Every **** on the planet knows FIFA are corrupt and Qatar bought the World Cup.

Seriously whats the problem??

This is how the game is played. They were better at it than everyone else

You think the $46 million we spent went all on Elle Macpherson and a CGI Kangaroo and never went into backhanders??
    No problem....Maybe Qatar will be fun after all.... !!!?... After Russia u keen?

Just to acclimatise yourselves spend 3 weeks in the nullabor plain in january. you can only take a camel and no beers allowed, enjoy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    No problem....Maybe Qatar will be fun after all.... !!!?... After Russia u keen?
    For a start. \
    South Africa was expected to be a disaster safety wise. Wasn't
    Brazil was expected to be a disaster safety wise. Wasn't

I am at this stage already planning on making the trip to Russia and have **** all concerns now and will have **** all concerns when I go about the place regardless of what happens with Putin and Ukraine Chechnya etc over the next few years

The only thing that would bother me about going to Qatar would be the heat but FIFA will be changing it to a January event whether the Euro leagues like it or not

As for the other issues with Qatar I guarantee you will be able to drink beer and you will be able to **** your homosexual partner if you desire

For a start. \
    South Africa was expected to be a disaster safety wise. Wasn't
    Brazil was expected to be a disaster safety wise. Wasn't

I am at this stage already planning on making the trip to Russia and have **** all concerns now and will have **** all concerns when I go about the place regardless of what happens with Putin and Ukraine Chechnya etc over the next few years

The only thing that would bother me about going to Qatar would be the heat but FIFA will be changing it to a January event whether the Euro leagues like it or not

As for the other issues with Qatar I guarantee you will be able to drink beer and you will be able to **** your homosexual partner if you desire
    I did say : No problem ^ Really i'm only interested to see if FIFA will be forced to take away WC from Qatar (Which i believe at this stage won't happen). The reason i would like Qatar to be strip of WC is because that could possibly give us a better chance to get the WC in my life time. And if not 2022 for us then prob the US would get it whichwould be good because 2026 should be Asia's turn again and we could again have a go. If WC in Qatar 2022, Asia won't get a turn till prob 2038 or 2042 and i prob be dead!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    I did say : No problem ^ Really i'm only interested to see if FIFA will be forced to take away WC from Qatar (Which i believe at this stage won't happen). The reason i would like Qatar to be strip of WC is because that could possibly give us a better chance to get the WC in my life time. And if not 2022 for us then prob the US would get it whichwould be good because 2026 should be Asia's turn again and we could again have a go. If WC in Qatar 2022, Asia won't get a turn till prob 2038 or 2042 and i prob be dead!!!!
    You do realise that we don't actually deserve a World Cup in our country???

Until we put a decent compelling bid in instead of tarting up a few AFL and NRL grounds let alone embrace the game properly in this country we don't deserve shit.

Also don't forget if the WC ever comes to these shores don't think you are any certainty to get tickets to see a game. The demand from the same people who have held down and put shit on our game or barely take an interest will increase 1million fold and the people who have spent a lifetime following the game get screwed/

**** i was amazed having a discussion with people following the Socceroos in Brazil and some of the dumb ****s even uttered the words "I don't go to soccer games normally"

Yet these dumb ****s paid many thousands of dollars to go to Brazil when the WC was on and pay overtly inflated prices for what??

Anyway what exactly have the Qataris done wrong??

The game was to convince 13 of 24 FIFA EXCO members to vote for you by slipping them the best and most enticing bribes. They won fair and square by doing it better than everyone else.

You do realise that they have been pumping millions of $$ into e.g Spain and France who had Fifa ExCo Members well before the WC Bid came up??

You don't think that the money that got their name on this clubs shirt for the first time ever was for a Spanish WC vote

Anyway what exactly have the Qataris done wrong??

The game was to convince 13 of 24 FIFA EXCO members to vote for you by slipping them the best and most enticing bribes. They won fair and square by doing it better than everyone else.

You do realise that they have been pumping millions of $$ into e.g Spain and France who had Fifa ExCo Members well before the WC Bid came up??
    So by that Lance Armstrong legitimately won the Tour De France 7 times?

well if you consider his argument that "everyone else was doing it", you could say he did legitimately win it, from a technical standpoint