Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Qatargate - FIFA had a Blatter problem

Maybe we don't deserve it but Qatar definitely does not deserve it. Have you seen the Qatar Stars League average crowd ? ...In 2011 (best I could find and pretty sure would not have changed much): 4974 (best: Alrayyan [7588] worst: Umm Salal [2788])........ in 2011 at the Asian Cup the final Australia - Japan attracted only 37000 (bellow stadium capacity) and the tournament average was pretty low (12000)............ Also they still have to make it to a WC.....So yeah all they have and have s**t load of it, is : Petro $$$$$$.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    So by that Lance Armstrong legitimately won the Tour De France 7 times?
    But you are still looking at the whole thing as it has to be all fair and above board process.

It ain't FIFA are a rort and financially driven to self interest and rotten to the core.

You know how much money they and their sponsors made from having laws in Brazil waived for the WC?? Millions.

Companies like Coca Cola Brahma Budweiser Sony Hyundai etc were not liable to pay tax on money made during the World Cup month. Wonder how much money from these companies got funnelled into Brazil to circumvent paying tax elsewhere on the planet??

Then you throw in their Hospitality arm in ticketing hotels etc and these ****s are making money hand over fist by reducing and controlling the supply to jack up prices.

Reality with it is FIFA now want to put the World Cup in places where the locals pay shit loads for it and will also allow FIFA to walk all over the host country and do as it pleases.

It ain't going to a western first world country anytime soon as countries like Aus England USA etc will not allow FIFA to walk all over them

It's all gone quiet here......NOT a good sign. Qatar IN winter time

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/q...22-10kl0g.html

Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger

The 2022 World Cup will not be held in Qatar because of the scorching temperatures in the Middle East country, FIFA Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger said on Monday.
    "Medics say that they cannot accept responsibility with a World Cup taking place under these conditions," Zwanziger told German newspaper Sport Bild.
    Although wealthy Qatar has insisted that a summer World Cup is viable thanks to cooling technologies it is developing for stadiums, training areas and fan zones, there is still widespread concern over the health of the players and visiting supporters.
    "They may be able to cool the stadiums but a World Cup does not take place only there," Zwanziger said.
    "Fans from around the world will be coming and travelling in this heat and the first life-threatening case will trigger an investigation by a state prosecutor.
    "That is not something that FIFA Exco members want to answer for."
    FIFA officials told Reuters that Zwanziger was not giving the view of the all-powerful Executive Committee.
    "He is expressing a personal opinion and he explicitly says so," FIFA spokeswoman Delia Fischer said.
    "We will not comment on a personal opinion."
    FIFA President Sepp Blatter said in May that awarding the World Cup to Qatar was a 'mistake' and the tournament would probably have to be held in the European winter.
    "Of course, it was a mistake. You know, one comes across a lot of mistakes in life," he told Swiss television station RTS in an interview at the time.
    "The Qatar technical report indicated clearly that it is too hot in summer, but the executive committee with quite a big majority decided all the same that the tournament would be in Qatar," he added.
    FIFA is now looking to shift the tournament to a European winter date to avoid the scorching summer where temperatures routinely rise over 100 degrees.
    Asian Football Confederation (AFC) president Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa chaired a meeting to discuss the matter earlier this month with the options of January/February 2022 and November/December 2022 offered as alternatives.
    However, talk of a potential change away from the usual dates has resulted in plenty of opposition from domestic leagues around the world, worried the schedule switch would severely disrupt them.
    Both FIFA and Qatar World Cup organisers have also been fending off questions of corruption ever since they were awarded the tournament back in 2010, while Qatar has also been criticised for the conditions provided for migrant workers' in the tiny Gulf state.

Fifa prosecutor Michael Garcia calls for World Cup report to be made public

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...blic-world-cup

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Fifa prosecutor Michael Garcia calls for World Cup report to be made public

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...blic-world-cup
    Why??

Everyone knows the blokes at FIFA are corrupt to the core. Exactly what will airing their dirty laundry achieve.

The thing is a bureaucracy where they make the rules. Change has to come from within.

I also struggle to understand the Anti Qatar sentiment. They still won fair and square.

The game was to buy the World Cup hosting right by bribing/doing deals with voting parties. They were just better at playing the game than USA Australia and everyone else.

I know how you feel MFKS you already explained in earlier post.....but for many reasons (Some I also explained in earlier post), I don't want it in Qatar......So even if I seriously doubt Qatar will loose the cup I cherish any hope of Qatar loosing it

Banned
    I know how you feel MFKS you already explained in earlier post.....but for many reasons (Some I also explained in earlier post), I don't want it in Qatar......So even if I seriously doubt Qatar will loose the cup I cherish any hope of Qatar loosing it
    I don't particularly want it in Qatar either.

My main reasons are down to the wars/politics going on over there making me query as to whether I would want to go from a safety perspective.

If Obama Cameron Abbott and the rest of the clowns would stop blowing up these joints to secure gas and oil access for their mates at cheap rates under the illusion of some humanitarian guise from their bullshit propaganda it wouldn't be an issue.

Take this shit inflicted on the area from Western Governments out of the equation and I would not bat and eyelid about going there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If Obama Cameron Abbott and the rest of the clowns would stop blowing up these joints to secure gas and oil access for their mates at cheap rates under the illusion of some humanitarian guise from their bullshit propaganda it wouldn't be an issue.
    Holy shit
    Alex Jones is on the Foz.
    'Sup mate?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

ebola/obama/MFKS

we are through the looking glass here people

Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

ANOTHER storm is brewing around the beleaguered 2022 World Cup, with FIFA president Sepp Blatter reportedly saying Qatar would be sensationally stripped of the event.

In an explosive report from German newspaper Der Speigel, Blatter is said to have told members of the Norwegian Football Association that “the 2022 World Cup won’t take place in Qatar”, citing Qatari Sheikhs’ support of terror group IS as one of the reasons.

The newspaper cited a source who also claimed Blatter referred to Qatar’s rulers as “arrogant” and said that “they think they’re allowed to do anything with their money”.

FIFA strongly denied the report, insisting the claims were “unfounded”.

“With regard to the story in Der Spiegel, FIFA wants to reiterate that the information provided by the sources‎ does not reflect what actually happened at the dinner in question, which was held during the FIFA president’s visit to Oslo in October,” a FIFA statement read.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/foot...-1227120206000
    Dare to Zlatan

“With regard to the story in Der Spiegel, FIFA wants to reiterate that the information provided by the sources‎ does not reflect what actually happened at the dinner in question, which was held during the FIFA president’s visit to Oslo in October,” a FIFA statement read.
    No smoke without fire, except if you use dry ice.
    OK

Banned
    So you blokes believe every thing written as being true??

Even if Sepp said shit bad mouthing the Qatari's at a private dinner and it took a month to get out it ain't FIFA's official stance.

Nice someone is pushing along some agenda here with Qatar WC 2022 as the pawn for whatever they are after

@fifamedia: Chairman of the Ethics Committee’s adjudicatory chamber confirms statement will be made public on Thurs 13 Nov at approx. 10am CET
    Dare to Zlatan

That statement to reveal nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    That statement to reveal nothing.
    Announcing an announcement smh
    OK

Qatar completely 100% free of corruption, Australia guilty of bribes to developing nations. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Qatar completely 100% free of corruption, Australia guilty of bribes to developing nations. And Qatar to host African Nations Cup 2015.
    or something
    Dare to Zlatan