Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Wallsend V Kotara from last night

Thirds 1-1
    Res 3-1 Wallsend

First grade on Thursday night at the Gardens
    What time does 1sts kick off?

who is looking like being top goal scorer of the league???

Quote Originally Posted by newyjet View Post
    SUNS have a player on 21 goals

All the best to those teams in the finals. I would realy like to see gardo take it for the sake of an old mate of mine.

Tough year for the Sharks taking out the spoon this year, but it wouldn't have mattered since a decision was made a few weeks back to go back a lower division due to the player issues they have had this year.

Having lost a number of first team players from last year, a core group of players have decided to white ant the team (and club) by trying to start another team and and play for Berisfield in a lower competition next. This started some time ago so it was no wonder the there was no passion or loyality within the squad. It's interesting to think back and remember what a couple of these blokes said what they were going to do for the club this year, helping out coaching juniors etc. maybe they said what they said just to get something out of the club.

Anyway credit must go to those players who rejected the offer to leave and to those that go don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Oh and don't hurry back if things turn to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by newyjet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsFC View Post
    SUNS have a player on 21 goals
    Surely Barnsley have someone near or above that total with the team having scored 62 goals for.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jelly View Post
    Surely Barnsley have someone near or above that total with the team having scored 62 goals for.
    couldnt tell you
    there will be someone in the club keeping track of things like this
    but i reckon it would be pretty spread out throughout the team

grunta - what do those players leaving for bero see as advantages in leaving? are they pissed at the club for any particular reason?

personally i'd do anything to avoid playing on the ping pong table sized field of bero each week.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    personally i'd do anything to avoid playing on the ping pong table sized field of bero each week.
    I actually really enjoyed playing on Bero's small field.. Less running involved.. haha

grunta - what do those players leaving for bero see as advantages in leaving? are they pissed at the club for any particular reason?

A new coach has come in with differant ideas. There are a couple of former first grade players that are now in ressies and visa versa which I think has caused some of this situation. There are some other reasons which i wont go into but in no way has the club done anything against these guys. Some of them are just sooks that were babied by the last coach and the new coach doesnt appear to be the type to put up with the way they carry on.

The reason they are going to bero is that a couple of them were bero juniors (many years ago) and I supose they know a few of the current Zone League players.

Maybe Im just bitter as there has been a lot of effort put in by some real good clubmen to helpp the League 1 boys only to have this sort of shit put on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    All the best to those teams in the finals. I would realy like to see gardo take it for the sake of an old mate of mine.

Tough year for the Sharks taking out the spoon this year, but it wouldn't have mattered since a decision was made a few weeks back to go back a lower division due to the player issues they have had this year.

Having lost a number of first team players from last year, a core group of players have decided to white ant the team (and club) by trying to start another team and and play for Berisfield in a lower competition next. This started some time ago so it was no wonder the there was no passion or loyality within the squad. It's interesting to think back and remember what a couple of these blokes said what they were going to do for the club this year, helping out coaching juniors etc. maybe they said what they said just to get something out of the club.

Anyway credit must go to those players who rejected the offer to leave and to those that go don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Oh and don't hurry back if things turn to shit.
    Just to avoid any confusion, I'm one of the players who is apparently lacking passion. I'm the same bloke who has been injured for roughly 6-7 weeks of this season...during that time I have not missed watching a game...if you can tell me at what stage this season you have been there for all three grades I would appreciate it. As far as coaching and helping out goes, we took on our own team last year and we also were willing to again this year however there were insufficient numbers to do so. I have also coached all three grades in the absence of our current coach. I help pack up at every home game and like to think that I am passionate about any team that I play for. At no stage do I want to lose and can and have got quite pissed off this year when we haven't won. For someone to question the passion and use that as an excuse for our demise is ridiculous!! If you had been to any games then you would see that I don't stop until the end of any game and don't get me started about trying to walk on Sundays due to the effort put in on game day!

To make it clear about next season, there were a few of us that weren't too happy with the way the club was going and we decided that we would like to have a go at putting a side together. At every stage in the process we have informed a member of the club what was going on. We have not gone behind the backs of the club at any stage. Also the blokes that we have "poached" all seem to be our close mates. That's because they are! And if we weren't there then there is a fair chance quite a few of them wouldn't be either!

Back to the whole point of this, I think that it was wrong of you to post something like this on a forum when you have clearly not been paying attention during the season. If you had been at games you might have been actually able to come up to us and talk about it like normal humans would. Instead you have waited for the season to basically be over and taken a cheap swipe. Basically shows me the type of person you are. I love the club and would like to think if things don't work out I would be able to come back to it, and I'm sure with the current committee in place that option would be there. They are great people it's just that we want to try something new. If that doesn't fit in with exactly what you want that's a bit unlucky but it's what we want to do.

Besides this we still have one more game left this season and we will be looking to go out winners! And afterwards as with every home game we will back at our sponsors supporting those who support us! Isnt that what loyalty is? We will all go out with the spoon and I can garentee that we will still be there with drink in hand together at the end!

Let's go boys!!

The reason why a committee member knew about what was going on was because I told told him to talk to you to find out what was going on.

Nobody including myself has ever doubted your passion on the field so what has happen that has brought about this situation. Weren't you one of the senior players that was a part of the selection panel. Didn't the club help you at the beginning of the year and in return you agreed to have a certain within the club.

As I said i am bitter to see what has happened and I have told no untruths. As for the reason I haven't attended any games this year, well there my reasons.

Not a bad first post though. Cheers

i see only one logical and completely legit way of settling this: get a representative from the leaving players, and a representative from the board, and roshambo each other - whoever wins gets control of the club & does it their way.

either that or, i dunno, have an internal all-cards-on-the-table talk & actually sort through the issues both sides are seeing.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pagey85 View Post
    couldnt tell you
    there will be someone in the club keeping track of things like this
    but i reckon it would be pretty spread out throughout the team
    There's a rule about making cabon copies of team sheets for records somewhere in the book.
    I thought I'd take this rule into the 21st Century.

Last season I scanned every home team sheet from Cookers games.
    This year, I took it one step further. For $166 from OfficeJerks, I purchased and A4 scanner stick.
    Even if I can't make it, I make sure that stick goes to all Cookers away games to scan the sheets. (Front and back)
    I have every sheet for this season. From these I do the stats on cards and goal scorers; both very useful for
    Preso night. The latter for Golden Boot, the former for the 'Cheese Award' lol

i see only one logical and completely legit way of settling this: get a representative from the leaving players, and a representative from the board, and roshambo each other - whoever wins gets control of the club & does it their way.

either that or, i dunno, have an internal all-cards-on-the-table talk & actually sort through the issues both sides are seeing.
    Only if I go first…nah seriously mate its all sorted, people who are actually still involved in the club and who's opinions matter are aware of what's happening and are at piece with those involved's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    There's a rule about making cabon copies of team sheets for records somewhere in the book.

This year, I took it one step further. For $166 from OfficeJerks, I purchased and A4 scanner stick.
    Even if I can't make it, I make sure that stick goes to all Cookers away games to scan the sheets. (Front and back)
    I have every sheet for this season. From these I do the stats on cards and goal scorers; both very useful for
    You are a little more OCD than most when it comes to this sort of thing though Retro :-)

Just to make sure people don,t think I'm talking out my arse. I am still an active member of the committee. I haven't missed one Saturday helping out at the ground (when we played) and only missed one one committee meeting since January. So I consider my information fairly solid, I have been asked to advised but I said I would not get involved. I have however agreed to chair a meeting after the season is finished to discuss the future direction of senior football at the Sharks.

Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Im pretty sure theres a guy at barnsley who keeps everything... i heard the club is 50 years old this year and have every single players basic stats, i dont know if that includes goals or if it is just games.
    Someone from the club would have to confirm... Pagey85?

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    You are a little more OCD than most when it comes to this sort of thing though Retro :-)

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Im pretty sure theres a guy at barnsley who keeps everything... i heard the club is 50 years old this year and have every single players basic stats, i dont know if that includes goals or if it is just games.
    Someone from the club would have to confirm... Pagey85?
    I guess this will be me in 48 years time says The Man formerly known as The King.
    I will be King again, one day.......

Anyone know the result from tonights game with Wallsend Vs Kotara?? (Or if it was even played during the storm?)
    From what I understand, if Wallsend got up in 1sts, then they would secure 4th and a place in the semis? But if Kotara got up, then they could still make it with a win against us on the weekend.. ??