Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Membership only active areas.

Confirmed: Membership only active areas.

Rumours floating that all active areas will be "members only"

This will be shit.

Thanks to the mighty RBB.

no different to how it is now for most clubs

we drank the kool-aid a long time ago

Can one explain an active area....is it for the permission use of megaphone, drums, large flags etc?

I suppose there's always the corner terrace or the hill if we ever got ****ed over by the FFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Banned
    So then they start up these what's stopping anyone forming their own little clique elsewhere in the ground??

Technically they would have to ban Zads Lads or whoever else they are bringing down next year.

The whole thing is a farce.

Everyone should just move from the designated active area find somewhere else and be active there.

What are they going to do???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So then they start up these what's stopping anyone forming their own little clique elsewhere in the ground??

Technically they would have to ban Zads Lads or whoever else they are bringing down next year.

The whole thing is a farce.

Everyone should just move from the designated active area find somewhere else and be active there.

What are they going to do???
    eject you from the stadium
    cancel your membership
    match bans
    stadium bans
    socceroos bans
    referral to police

just to list a few off the top of my head

would probably stop casual fans from becoming active fans if you can't go in for a couple of games and work out if you like it.

it's members only now in bay 60, won't change a thing imo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    eject you from the stadium
    cancel your membership
    match bans
    stadium bans
    socceroos bans
    referral to police

just to list a few off the top of my head
    You reckon they are going to-do that to all the active supporters who do it??

Or they just gonna victimise a few from the group??

Or they gonna do nothing.???

Basically they would have to take action on anyone who opens their mouth in the stdium

Anyway just shows how out of touch the dimwits are at the FFA

Of all the things to do to improve the game in the country they are picking a battle they won't win yet have no need to actually fight

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    it's members only now in bay 60, won't change a thing imo
    It means no one off tickets in bay 60, and anyone wanting away tickets also have to be active members to buy one.
    It will kill growth in bay 60. We spent a great deal of time and effort last season moving to a new area and telling people "We have a new mentality. Come along, try it out and help us grow" now no-one will be able to do that without making the decision to buy a membership for the entire season.

We are aware of this and are liasing with the club, who it must be said are also opposed to these measures. This is an FFA directive.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

when was the last time anyone actually checked your ticket though?

So if you can only get to 1-2 games a season due to other commitments (my photography stops me from going as much as I like for example) I'm basically ****ed if I want to sit in with the boys?

It's ****ing money gauging out of the people who spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    So if you can only get to 1-2 games a season due to other commitments (my photography stops me from going as much as I like for example) I'm basically ****ed if I want to sit in with the boys?

It's ****ing money gauging out of the people who spend money.
    there is a solution. By a GA ticket and come in. Security let in WSW fans, they will let in Jets fans

article just upp on FFA
    FFA's new measures for Active Support areas

The Red Army voice their support for Adelaide United head coach Josep Gombau.

The Red Army voice their support for Adelaide United head coach Josep Gombau.

Monday, 16 June 2014 -
    Staff Writer

39 Comments

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today announced measures to enhance and protect the unique atmosphere created by active supporters at Hyundai A-League matches.

The Head of Hyundai A-League, Damien de Bohun, said the new protocols would set league-wide standards and were part of a long-term strategy designed to grow membership and deepen fan engagement.

“The atmosphere at Hyundai A-League matches is unique in Australian sport,” said de Bohun.

“You don’t have to go to Europe or South America to experience football passion and see how real supporters get behind their team. It’s on show every week in the A-League.”

The key component of the new measures is a ‘membership only area’ for all “Home Club Active Supporter Areas” for the upcoming Hyundai A-League 2014/15 Season.

This will mean that all fans within the designated “Home Club Active Supporter Areas” will have a valid season membership pass or shorter-term active area pass.

“The connection between active fans and their clubs goes beyond the purchase of a ticket on match day,” said de Bohun.

“We want our fans to have a growing voice in how clubs interact with their supporters and the local community.

“The other advantage of this development is that the club and active supporters will be able to work together to build on the experience of match day and continue to create a safe and family-friendly environment.

FFA has confirmed that the new measures will be linked to enshrining active supporter activities such as playing musical instruments, tifo displays, capo stands and large flags.

“We want fans to be able to create the best atmosphere and in conjunction with clubs and stadium managers we will give the fans certainty over their activities,” said de Bohun.

FFA also announced that there may be additional ticketing measures for “Away Club Active Supporter Areas”, particularly for matches where it is anticipated that there will be a high number of away club active supporters in attendance.

FFA is committed to working with each club to customise solutions based on their individual needs and their respective membership markets to comply with these conditions.

An example of this may include the use of three (3) game membership passes, or members ‘guest’ passes into the respective active supporter area(s) to allow fans to try before they buy into a full membership.

“From our discussions with the various fan groups and other stakeholders around the competition, there is a common desire to see a reduction of the presence of police and security at football matches, in particular around active supporter areas.

“We believe that the successful implementation of these new conditions will go a long way towards reaching that common goal,” concluded de Bohun.

These measures will be effective from the opening round of the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 Season and will be reviewed following the Hyundai A-League 2015 Grand Final.

Horrible decision by FFA. Hopefully something changes between now and when the season kicks off.

We are aware of this and are liasing with the club.
    Delete the rest of this.

Terrace time
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Sorry if this is obvious, but is this saying that it's only members in general, or is this saying you have to buy a membership to Bay 60 specifically to get in?

I'll save the captain some time, and its the latter.

On away games, does this mean when we go to the coast we can congregate outside the stadium at the palmtree end and chant from there?
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 16-06-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Sorry if this is obvious, but is this saying that it's only members in general, or is this saying you have to buy a membership to Bay 60 specifically to get in?
    The way I read it is that you have to purchase a SEASON Ticket in bay 60 to get access, no tickets sold on the day, no having a GA and upgrading a few times a year to join in, you are either all in or all out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    The way I read it is that you have to purchase a SEASON Ticket in bay 60 to get access, no tickets sold on the day, no having a GA and upgrading a few times a year to join in, you are either all in or all out.
    They do mention "guest passes" and customising for each club........

But it does essentially read that if I have mate who isn't a member he can't get into the active area.

bay 60 is membership'active area' bay 59 is ga, problem sorted.