Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edson "Hannah" Montano

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    His finishing is awful though
    This statement is complete garbage.

Yes he has missed some sitters. Yes he has mysteriously had legit goals ruled offside, yes he has hit the woodwork far too often for our liking.

Reality is he has had his luck out confidence down and has been played poorly by the Muppet.

Luck changes. Look at the last 2 weeks both goals the luck has finally went his way. As soon as he got the goal V Victree we have seen him grow in confidence and his play has improved. You keep him he gets a couple of goals early and he is off and away on a run like Taggz was last year

I reckon we keep him and even with the Muppet next season playing the shit we do we are easily getting double digit goal tally from this bloke.

Get a decent structure going with decent support for this bloke and we are getting 20 out of him.

Add in 2nd year he should be more settled anyway comfortable in his surroundings life language etc. I still struggle to see why we in the HAL sign players and expect them to travel half way across the planet and settle within 12 months and if they don't we bone them. Look it as a couple of year proposition.

if the pie actually falls from the sky and we some how get peter crouch you couldn't play them together

We re-sign him he gets 12-15 goals next season.

We don't, someone else comes in and in all likely hood struggles to settle for most of the season.

By all means get another striker to compete but keep big monty

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    We re-sign him he gets 12-15 goals next season.

We don't, someone else comes in and in all likely hood struggles to settle for most of the season.

By all means get another striker to compete but keep big monty
    You reckon someone else from HAL would go for him? He will disappear back home like Zura did IMO if we don't resign.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    If he wasn't robbed of that goal on the weekend, he would have the exact same goals per game. And if Edson scores two more goals before the end of the season, he has a better goal per game return than Bridges.
    Better than Bridges. Boom.

Love the bloke. Massive unit and the best in the league at holding the ball up. If there wasn't such a massive gap between him and the nearest support player he would probably feel better about himself
    Jaliens gives me the horn

I'm a big fan of Edson and agree with others here.

Most other players, given the service and support he has had this season, would have given the ball over a lot more than Edson and probably had a similar or smaller goal return to go with it. He is exceptional at holding up play and playing his teammates, when they are actually near him, in.

He plays the way he faces and gives opposition defenders a lot more trouble than they're accustomed to with other strikers.

He also doesn't hold back from a bit of defensive work when he needs to.

It's a shame that the interest to retain him doesn't appear evident by the club. IIRC when we signed him there were fans from his home club that were thanking us for taking him off their hands, so I assume if we really wanted we could have found a way to loan him again.

If he was born and bred in England I bet he would have a whole lot more fans from our supporters. Which still makes no sense to me, but that seems to be the trend of the general Newcastle town.
    OK

Sign him. Now.

Edson is the type of player and person I want playing for this club. He's not afraid to get stuck in and do the hard work and his ability to hold up the ball or beat a player is demonstrated every time he steps onto the park.

As far as I'm concerned he's our striker and the club should do everything they can to keep him.

Banned
    Heard an absolute delightful story about this bloke today.

Apparently before fronting up in Newy this bloke had never played as a 9

He was always a 10

Glad to see the bloke was looked after by the ****s at our club

We had Jeronimo and Griff and some Muppet chose to play Griff on the right wing and a bloke who had never played as a 9 up front.

FMD

Only in Newy

Just because he'd never played there doesn't mean he was out of his depth. He did pretty well for the amount of service he received.

Not the same level, but one of my favourite coaching memories is converting a defender into a striker after seeing the potential.

looked a bit fitter too