Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots

14 Years.

You jerks are such idiots.

It's not 10 years we have been around.

We were formed in the year 2000...

Learn to count. Gosh.

Obviously I don't think you are idiots, it would just be nice if you respected the history for once instead of pretending it never happened.

Con started this club in 2000. Not hard to respect that really. Also we have already had a 10 year celebration from memory.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 07-07-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Go jetties

Agree 1,000% I'm so disgusted by this it's a absolute outrage that the club wants to sweep those early years of our club under the rug.
    One of my fondest memories of our club was the 2 finals games in 2002 in front of 17k+ crowds although they ended in heartache (The bloke behind the goals with a whistle during that penalty what a toss) they are still a huge part of our history.

Really don't have words for how disgusted I am by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Strangely part of me thinks we should be glad this lot don't think we are only two years old.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Strangely part of me thinks we should be glad this lot don't think we are only two years old.
    My initial thoughts too.

Sad that history continues to be either forgotten or written for football in this country. For all the FFA's talk about recognising history of football there is **** all evidence of it.

I'd much rather they just said 10 years of A-League if the FFA is hell bent on mandating some artificial league wide celebration.

Gotta love the response on Facebook too, "needs to have red in it" **** me the damn thing is going to be on a red and blue striped kit, keeping it as a simple gold outline is much better and should work in with the gold trim, name and numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Didn't Adelaide have a 10 year anniversary last season?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Yep

Banned
    Some minor technical issues but you could even go back to the Breakers days to get the start point. You could form the argument that Con just took over from the Breakers. It was from memory the same side coach staff etc that would have been the Breakers that year if things never transpired the way they did

Annoying that they ignore history.
    Annoying that the go for the 10yrs that the other aleague founding (beside Adelaide and Perth) clubs can use when if they waited till next year they could be the only club celebrating 15.

Opportunity missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Some minor technical issues but you could even go back to the Breakers days to get the start point. You could form the argument that Con just took over from the Breakers. It was from memory the same side coach staff etc that would have been the Breakers that year if things never transpired the way they did
    Mr Celery has just lurked on this post and gone into meltdown

I can certainly corroborate that as far as I am concerned, the football club is more than 10 years old. Though there was a completely new management and administrative team, in my capacity within the organisation there was a continued link between the club in the NSL and the club in the A-League. It was always the same owner and the same company. Con always talked in the media as if his commitment to football in Newcastle through Newcastle Soccer Pty Ltd was one continuous thing.

I'm surprised Robbie Middleby would sign off on this, given that he played for Newcastle United. My English club, Leeds United, doesn't stop being Leeds United when a new owner takes over or it goes up and down divisions and plays in different leagues.

The narrative is just as important as results to the passion we feel for the club. It is OUR story.

Here is something for them to ponder: When you make your statement in your BLK press release about the "popular green heritage jersey", do you understand why it is popular? Do you think about what that heritage jersey means to people?

10 years of the A-League is worth celebrating IMO. We should never take for granted what has been achieved as a foundation for the game. But any way you look at it, it is pretty meaningless to celebrate the anniversary of the name "Jets", even as part of an overarching A-League anniversary.
    Last edited by hausmann; 01-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.

This logo is part of the overall A-League wide campaign to celebrate the 10th year of the competition. The Jets 10 Year logo simply recognises our 10th year as playing as the Newcastle Jets rather than the founding date of the Club.

Response from the Club on FB.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

What a silly thing to celebrate. 15 years next season
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    This logo is part of the overall A-League wide campaign to celebrate the 10th year of the competition. The Jets 10 Year logo simply recognises our 10th year as playing as the Newcastle Jets rather than the founding date of the Club.

Response from the Club on FB.

I saw that on FB and have given up trying to respond. If it's a badge to commemorate the a-league than why not say that? Their OP .....

To mark the 10 Year Anniversary of the Newcastle Jets, the Club's home and away jersey and merchandise range for the 2014/15 season will include this special 10 Year Anniversary logo. More details to be announced soon.
    Says nothing about a-legaue anniversary, implies the badge is all about the club being 10 years old.....
    Why celebrate ten years of going from "newcastle united" to "newcastle united" with "jets" added?
    If it's about a-league then say so.
    Worst back track ever.

And you want us to believe the crap you spout at least ad "we apologise for the confusion, and look forward to celebrating 15yrs next season"

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I saw that on FB and have given up trying to respond. If it's a badge to commemorate the a-league than why not say that? Their OP .....

Says nothing about a-legaue anniversary, implies the badge is all about the club being 10 years old.....
    Why celebrate ten years of going from "newcastle united" to "newcastle united" with "jets" added?
    If it's about a-league then say so.
    Worst back track ever.

And you want us to believe the crap you spout at least ad "we apologise for the confusion, and look forward to celebrating 15yrs next season"
    Couldn't agree more, the club has done a lot of good over the last few years (offield) some very questionable shit as well but this has been the one to piss me off the most.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The most ridiculous thing is that it would take too much effort for one of them to come on here, either as a club rep, or incognito and throw out a few ideas, we pick it to bits because we are a pack of nit-picking pains in the arse and then they go public.

This forum could serve a free market research.

we do need a public forum or internet chat with Robbie Middleby to voice concerns

While I have no doubts Con ( ) made this club in 2000, thought I'd throw this into the ring:

When the HAL was created, I distinctly remember the FFA/HAL/etc spelling it out for everyone that even if the former admins, owners, setups, etc were the same for some clubs as they were in the NSL, the ONLY club that would be recognised as one that had continued from the NSL would be Perth Glory. That's why they demanded every single other team, whether formerly setup in the NSL or not, be considered a brand new club and therefore have a brand new name.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    While I have no doubts Con ( ) made this club in 2000, thought I'd throw this into the ring:

When the HAL was created, I distinctly remember the FFA/HAL/etc spelling it out for everyone that even if the former admins, owners, setups, etc were the same for some clubs as they were in the NSL, the ONLY club that would be recognised as one that had continued from the NSL would be Perth Glory. That's why they demanded every single other team, whether formerly setup in the NSL or not, be considered a brand new club and therefore have a brand new name.
    I hope you don't believe that crap.

While Sydney had links to Hakoah with Lowe and Queensland Roar was the Hollandia mob everyone new Us, United and Glory were NSL Clubs.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I hope you don't believe that crap.

While Sydney had links to Hakoah with Lowe and Queensland Roar was the Hollandia mob everyone new Us, United and Glory were NSL Clubs.
    I'm not saying I believe it, I'm saying I'm not surprised the clubs and the FFA are viewing it the way they are because from the start they peddled that line.

Why Adelaide were allowed to celebrate 10 years last year is beyond me though.
    OK