Thread: Squadron Goodwill Membership Drive.

Squadron Goodwill Membership Drive.

Fellow Supporters,

The Newcastle United Jets have released their 2014/15 Membership packages this week, which includes a 'Goodwill' membership package. This 'Goodwill' membership enables those less fortunate than us to experience the excitement of attending a football match by providing them with a match ticket.

The Squadron Football Supporters Club is pledging to purchase 10 'Goodwill' Memberships for the upcoming season, The Squadron FSC would like to invite you to join us in helping the disadvantaged people of the hunter region. We would like to purchase more than our pledged ten 'Goodwill' memberships but for that to happen we need your help! Through a donation you can help us purchase more goodwill memberships for disadvantaged people. At the cost of just $40 for the season we are sure that with many people donating we will be able to purchase many more!

How to help -

Option A: Purchase your own 'Goodwill' Membership for a cost of $40 at http://www.membership.newcastlejets....ill_Membership

Option B: Donate to the Squadron FSC Paypal account with any amount you are comfortable with. The amount needs to be sent through Paypal to SquadronFSC@gmail.com. Please ensure you use the description "Goodwill" so the funds reach the right cause.

We appreciate your assistance in helping us bring happiness to those who need it most.

Thank you

Squadron FSC Committee.
    Go jetties

Great initiative. Will donate at least $40 when I'm at the laptop tonight

Seems like a good initiative, except for this part

"Each month we will post on the Newcastle Jets website the recipients of our Goodwill Memberships."

Does that mean they are going to publicly name the recipients? Not sure that is how charity is normally done. Sure, winners of prizes or maybe charity to a kid with a terminal illness can be publicly named but not gifts to disadvantaged people.

If this gets cleared up I'll donate.
    Last edited by hausmann; 18-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Seems like a good initiative, except for this part

"Each month we will post on the Newcastle Jets website the recipients of our Goodwill Memberships."

Does that mean they are going to publicly name the recipients? Not sure that is how charity is normally done. Sure, winners of prizes or maybe charity to a kid with a terminal illness can be publicly named but not gifts to disadvantaged people.

If this gets cleared up I'll donate.
    I think its like, This month the Salvation army is recieving the tickets, you can help their cause by going here.

or Newcastle Homeless society has this months tickets, you can support them by donating food and blankets here.

That kind of thing.
    Go jetties

The junior football club that I am on the committee for is donating a few as well, good cause.

Donated.
    Great initiative.
    Great way to let people contribute to a good initiative of the club, but don't feel able throw $40 at the deal.

Sent

Will donate more in the coming weeks, probably one membership a week til the season starts

Thanks to those who have contributed so far.
    Go jetties

How's this going?

Club are being tardy.

As am I, thanks for the reminder I will get on this over the next few weeks
    Go jetties

How did you end up going with this? I will be buying one as a donation for Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles