Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FFA Cup - Rd of 32 Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory 5/8/14 k/off 730pm

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    After it had promoted all week as a reunion of sorts from 2003?? NSL Grand Final. Fans had arrived, corporate packages had been sold. 1 hour before kick off Perth left.
    good.
    Last edited by hawk; 29-07-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Any chance of getting a similar thread set up in the local foz for the Magic and Southy games. Info, stats, ect someone with more time then me maybe could set it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Zads, Rostyn Griffifths and Hersi are all out.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...p-grand-prize/

Good news. Lets hope plane food give smeltz food poisoning.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Good news. Lets hope plane food give smeltz food poisoning.
    He's with Sydney now, so it doesn't mata.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    He's with Sydney now, so it doesn't mata.
    Even better. All this time....
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 28-07-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Go jetties

From Squadron FB

Announcement: FFA CUP game v Perth

The Squadron will be operating and active for the its inaugural FFA Cup game versus Perth Glory on the 5th August at Wanderers Oval.

We will be positioned at the Northern End (see photo) and will be setting ourselves up like any normal home fixture at Hunter Stadium.

We will be holding our pre-game drinks and food specials at the Newcastle Tennis District Club (‘The Tenzo’) from 5pm through till Kick-off.

We encourage all supporters to get involved for this historic occasion and help get the boys home.

We would also like to wish both Broadmeadow & South Cardiff the best of luck in there fixtures tonight.
    SQN Announcement for FFA Cup.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

speaking of helping out young Alex, id like to donate #shootforgriff, Baz set it up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    speaking of helping out young Alex, id like to donate #shootforgriff, Baz set it up
    Pretty unimpressed with our club helping this young bloke out in his hour of need.

Considering the bloke has actually struck it quite lucky (Not being smart) and was injured during work and will have his medical bills workos compo and couple of year contract to fall back on to help him out having us throw a few dollars more his way is really smart.

Lets not forget the bloke will probably be looked after by the Knights/NRL for employment for the rest of his life and then lets not forget whatever money the NRL raised the other month and am pretty certain the bloke isn't eating Whiskas on bread for the rest of his life.

Many others in the community suffer similar injuries and don't have the luxury and support this bloke has had and who have far worse prospects than Alex does and are most likely in need of the assistance at a more pressing rate it is rather offensive to me that we are having a whip around to benefit him.

Not trying to make light of his predicament but it is not right when there are so many more people worse off and in more need for it

What next a whip around next time James Packer falls off his polo horse to cover his medical bills???

ffs you're a negative c*nt sometimes herr KFC

Have to say.. That's one of your more shit posts. Stick to what you're good at.. negative football banter. I agree that many others need help but don't speak low of a bloke that may well never walk/run/kick or jump for the rest of his life. That's a feeling I'm sure that no amount of $$ can put a price on.

further, the whole reason they're kicking the tin is thus....

"most players are uninsured for severe injuries as negotiations between the NRL, players' union and clubs have failed to agree on a policy acceptable to all parties. A new proposal was sent to players on Friday and they have been asked to vote on it soon. Fairfax Media understands the cost of insurance would be split evenly between the player, his club and the NRL.

However, there are concerns that it only covers 75 per cent of a player's contract, and is capped at $500,000. It is also understood the policy does not provide cover for any existing injury, mental health or illness.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz38pFNtdej "

Why didn't we do the same thing for Neil Young though? The knoughts completely ignored that incident.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

why does it have to be tit for tat? suck it up and get over yourselves, a young bloke is possibly paralysed and you can help him simply by buying a ticket to a football match, and you're having a cry over what the knights didn't do three years ago, get a f*cking grip.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    why does it have to be tit for tat? suck it up and get over yourselves, a young bloke is possibly paralysed and you can help him simply by buying a ticket to a football match, and you're having a cry over what the knights didn't do three years ago, get a f*cking grip.
    100%

the NRL & The knights/HSG should be praised for what they did for alex, they have set a standard now for what sporting entities should do for individuals when this freak of an accident happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Have to say.. That's one of your more shit posts. Stick to what you're good at.. negative football banter. I agree that many others need help but don't speak low of a bloke that may well never walk/run/kick or jump for the rest of his life. That's a feeling I'm sure that no amount of $$ can put a price on.
    Where was he having a go at the guy who got injured? It reads to me that the member was merely questioning the media attention and resultant fund raising that has gone on for a guy who is probably getting the best available medical/rehab attention, will likely continue to do so, and has a 'job for life' from the NRL. Compare this to the average punter off the street who suffers a similar injury - once their workers comp insurance runs out, assuming the injury happened at work, they'll go back to bare basics in terms of rehab/medical unless they've got the cash to fund it for themselves, plus they'd have a remote chance of getting a job of any type post injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Considering the bloke has actually struck it quite lucky (Not being smart) and was injured during work and will have his medical bills workos compo and couple of year contract to fall back on to help him out having us throw a few dollars more his way is really smart.

Lets not forget the bloke will probably be looked after by the Knights/NRL for employment for the rest of his life and then lets not forget whatever money the NRL raised the other month and am pretty certain the bloke isn't eating Whiskas on bread for the rest of his life.
    I bet he'd trade it all for the ability to walk again.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What next a whip around next time James Packer falls off his polo horse to cover his medical bills???

So is it a dick measuring contest for who the shitest fans/organisation is? Can there be a proud winner of that sort of competition.

Just a side note too, workers comp does not cover professional athletes, except for jockey’s who been considered a special case due to the severity of the types of injuries they suffer.

The Australian Athletes' Alliance, which includes the players' associations of most major sports, is also pushing for professional athletes to be covered by workers' compensation laws – as jockeys are.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz38pGgHHUH
    Having said that I do find it a bit rich for the NRL to be shouting from the roof tops how they are helping Alex when if they had shown greater leadership and invested a portion of that $1b TV rights they could have had a policy up and running now similar to the international rugby policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Bloke is in for a life time of shit.

I do hope however that the rise for Alex foundation or whatever it is called helps others who have similar injuries.

I know a lass who did her neck in a quad bike accident. Expensive injury that almost destroyed her family were it not for the genourosity of the community around her.

- did get shafted for posting a similar post to the members a few months ago on a different topic, I can see what the member is saying but still every little bit helps.
    Go jetties