Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 FFA Cup - Rd of 32 Broadmeadow Magic vs Brisbane Strikers 29/7/14 k/off 730pm

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Jon Griffiths absolutely superb. Just another nail in the Craig deans coffin. How he didn't promote him I'll never know.
    OK

Keeper got a bit carried away with his performance - going up field with still over 5 mins to go when you are only one behind was a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Keeper got a bit carried away with his performance - going up field with still over 5 mins to go when you are only one behind was a little silly.
    His teammates told him to.
    OK

Even worse - should be the coaches call.

credit where its due foxsports did a fantastic job on this.

the live crosses, consistent score up dates, phillips was ****ing woeful but simon hill was his usual classy self.

what impressed me the most was that the fox sports commentators new the players and at least some decent information about them i.e. what they do for living, past footballing successes.

imagine this competition next season on stand alone weekends when its a sunny day and you can get better crowds.

don't **** this up FFA.

on the game;

very impressed with matt hoole and matt paul. haynes was sluggish and probably shouldn't have played due to his late arrival.

brisbane probably were the better team but not by much. richter changed the game for them when he came on.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

the live crosses, consistent score up dates, phillips was ****ing woeful but simon hill was his usual classy self.

what impressed me the most was that the fox sports commentators new the players and at least some decent information about them i.e. what they do for living, past footballing successes.

imagine this competition next season on stand alone weekends when its a sunny day and you can get better crowds.

don't **** this up FFA.

on the game;

very impressed with matt hoole and matt paul. haynes was sluggish and probably shouldn't have played due to his late arrival.

brisbane probably were the better team but not by much. richter changed the game for them when he came on.
    Need a bit of perspective the competition actually needs to be competitive in all games. Last night we seen 2 reasonably matched teams go at it.

I would expect a HAL side regardless of where they are at in their preparation for the season to still comfortably flog both of them. Last week the Jets in their first match comfortably rolled the NBN leaders in a game. Tonight I fully expect them in their second match to do the second place team by 3/4 goals. Magic are performing worse than those two have so what chance would they have???

This competition will not be successful until we see competitive matches involving HAL and NPL sides regularly.

Neither of those teams would have troubled the worse side in the HAL.

What made last night's match interesting was the closeness of the sides with Strikers probably just being a little sharper at times.

I thought Matt Paul was outstanding too. How old is he?

Also I think I have a bit of a man-crush on Casa, I always have. He's just awesome IMO.

Honestly thought Hoole was slightly average tbh, must have been seeing things differently.

Haynes I thought had one of his better first halves but didn't really rate him afterwards.
    OK

don't **** this up FFA.
    You summed this up very well. I wonder what the viewing figures were?

Personally hope they don’t try and do that. I think it suits the mid-week timeslot when all the local clubs players and supporters can go to the game and not have any of the clubs other weekend commitments getting in the way. The congestion on foxsports would also work against it for live coverage, $$$ & attention, when they are already covering the AFL,NRL & Super Rugby, trying to get them to commit to a semi-pro comp will be challenging.

Mid-week is great as there is no other live sport on their schedule so they can devote a good amount of time to the coverage and means they would be more likely to support new content for an otherwise quiet period of their broadcast schedule. It’s the reason they pushed for Monday night NRL games, to help spread the content out over the week. However if the HAL ever incorporates FIFA international breaks that’s the opportune time to allocate an FFA Cup game to that weekend to fill the void left by not having the 5 games on that weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Personally hope they don’t try and do that. I think it suits the mid-week timeslot when all the local clubs players and supporters can go to the game and not have any of the clubs other weekend commitments getting in the way. The congestion on foxsports would also work against it for live coverage, $$$ & attention, when they are already covering the AFL,NRL & Super Rugby, trying to get them to commit to a semi-pro comp will be challenging.

Mid-week is great as there is no other live sport on their schedule so they can devote a good amount of time to the coverage and means they would be more likely to support new content for an otherwise quiet period of their broadcast schedule. It’s the reason they pushed for Monday night NRL games, to help spread the content out over the week. However if the HAL ever incorporates FIFA international breaks that’s the opportune time to allocate an FFA Cup game to that weekend to fill the void left by not having the 5 games on that weekend.
    +1

Winter night's midweek Cup Football, Brilliant, loved it.
    This is what Football is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You summed this up very well. I wonder what the viewing figures were?
    With Sheriff Callie's Wild West rounding out the top 20 Foxtel programs last night, somewhere south of 36k viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.