View Poll Results: Hill or seats for active support on the southern end?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hill

1 50.00%
  • Seats

1 50.00%

Thread: Hill or seats for the southern end?

Hill or seats for the southern end?

With the move to the southern end this season I'd love to discuss the pros and cons for both and see people's opinions on this.

Hill

Pros: Larger area, Newcastle lunatics already based there, closer to the bar/toilets
    Cons: Flag waving would be an issue, camping chairs at the back of the hill may cause issues with standing

Seats

Pros: Better area for flags, banners, drum, zads lads/topper troopers have been in that area before
    Cons: Seats aren't foldaways which may cause an issue with standing, view IMO is worse there
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    flags, banners, drum,
    Do you know if these will be allowed in either area?

And no slobs option

Missing several key pieces of information. In the end I imagine it will be trial and error for a while. Will also depend on future discussions with the club as the season approaches.

This Tuesday's FFA Cup match, despite not being at our home ground gives us a brilliant opportunity to show the club what we are capable of in a General Admission environment. A good result from a support view at this game will mean that future talks with the club will have a precedent and evidence of what we are trying to achieve.
    Go jetties

I feel like the seats being lower down will create less of an obstruction to the punters who like to sit/stand atop the hill. What we don't want is to annoy our own fans, whether they be active or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I feel like the seats being lower down will create less of an obstruction to the punters who like to sit/stand atop the hill. What we don't want is to annoy our own fans, whether they be active or not.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Agree with this 100% people have been standing on the hill for 10 years now and don't want to lose there spot to accommodate us.

We are new/returning to the area. We need to adapt to suit everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Agree with this 100% people have been standing on the hill for 10 years now and don't want to lose there spot to accommodate us.

We are new/returning to the area. We need to adapt to suit everyone.
    But it's a general admission area so technically its not their spot but yes I kinda agree where your coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    But it's a general admission area so technically its not their spot but yes I kinda agree where your coming from.
    I think you will find the people who have frequented that area for the past 10 years would see it differently if they were displaced by The Squadron vacating their allotted area in protest.

Last thing you want to do is turn people way from your cause. You will then lose respect, support and potential future members.

totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I think you will find the people who have frequented that area for the past 10 years would see it differently if they were displaced by The Squadron vacating their allotted area in protest.

Last thing you want to do is turn people way from your cause. You will then lose respect, support and potential future members.
    exactly. In the end it might take a while before we find an area which we can claim as "ours".

Sure its GA but there are some long standing residents in that area that we do not wish to annoy.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    exactly. In the end it might take a while before we find an area which we can claim as "ours".

Sure its GA but there are some long standing residents in that area that we do not wish to annoy.
    maybe the UN can grant us a plot. that would diffuse all trouble

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    maybe the UN can grant us a plot. that would diffuse all trouble
    I don't know.

Didn't work that well when they done it in the Middle East last time

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I don't know.

Didn't work that well when they done it in the Middle East last time
    nothin wrong over there. plan is working perfectly