Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What Floats Your Boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Standard, part of documentation I signed anyway. And since I don't get coffee from the same places you do, I've got no problems.

getting a posting to williamtown, 3 years of hard work paying off
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    keep the noise down aye
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

getting leave approved to leave the ship on tuesday evening even though we'll be at sea to head down to melbourne for the liverpool game. **** yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have to swim to shore?

thankfully not, Jervis bay is freezing this time of the year !

Receiving my camera I lost 5 years ago at a Jets home game today in the mail.

Cheers for looking after it again ToddG.

**** yes Todd it's gonna be a top couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Nice work Buddha, I'd be happy with a posting anywhere around newy, thats my goal after my next posting.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    **** yes Todd it's gonna be a top couple of days
    that it is pete, that it is indeed.

MFKS accepting my friend request on facebook. At least I hope it's MFKS...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

8 yrs ago tonight surviving a car accident at Anna bay, can safely say alcohol saved my life that night, and got me a flight with westpac haha.
    Scan0001.jpg

Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Bill Hicks
    Who are the ****ing Gideons? Ever met one? No. Ever seen one? No. But they're all over the ****ing world putting bibles in hotel rooms.

Love me some Dark Poet.

WFMB: That magical time of year when SOO is over and the people who don't give a **** about the sport suddenly stop giving a **** about the sport for another year.

WFMB: Picking up a brand new car one week before that useless tit Rudd changes the FBT laws (so I'm exempt).

WGMG: Having to sell my old car.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    WFMB: Picking up a brand new car one week before that useless tit Rudd changes the FBT laws (so I'm exempt).
    Explain to me how those work, please. Someone mentioned it yesterday at work.

I picked mine up 2 months ago, so I am fine but ****ed if I want to go through the whole buying a car again in 2 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Explain to me how those work, please. Someone mentioned it yesterday at work.

I picked mine up 2 months ago, so I am fine but ****ed if I want to go through the whole buying a car again in 2 years time.
    Briefly (on phone). You used to just put a blanket 80/20 split between work/personal use on company cars on your tax return. The more you put as business use the less liable for Fringe Benefits Tax you are. Rudd changed it so now regardless of what you claim, you need to keep a log book for every business journey to justify the tax break. So yeah, a 2 minute drive to a meeting, yep, get your pencil and pad out.
    Mind, it's Rudd so the policy will change 20 times between now and being implemented but he's put a shiver through the industry, from car makers to leasing companies through to workers who salary sacrifice cars to save on tax. It just means that now everyone will have to lie in a log book instead of a tax return. More paperwork/admin for business and more admin/audit from the public service to implement it.
    This from the man who vows to cut red tape for small business and make things easier.
    He's a dickhead.
    All this shit to pay for the demise of a carbon tax which no one wanted, and for which we'll still be getting compensation for. Why not just get rid of the compensation? Because that's bad PR and its better to go after the 'wealthy business owners in their BMW's'. (Abbott and his bunch of idiots are keeping the compensation too).
    More class war bullshit from Labor and more anti business policy (small business being the single largest employer in Australia).
    Onya Kev.

Ok before boffins and lefties wanna pick apart my generalizations here take it to the politics thread.

So your current car is fine but any contract entered into after last Tuesday will be subject to the new rules ( which you can find on the back of a napkin somewhere at Labor HQ).

/end rant.

Love Kev

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    rich bloke whinging about tax
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

That's harsh.