Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    In the U14's and U16s I am seeing girls moving from Saturday teams and Inter-district B teams, trying to make WPL teams. The standard of the Adamstown and Merewether teams will both be higher than last year, and not many of them are Valentine players (that I have seen). Some existing players will miss out.
    Can only assume you had a good turnout at your 16's

Don't disagree that some existing players will miss out, some of them across all the junior grades and all clubs didn't have the quality.

Did you get a chance to go to the other clubs trials? What were the number of 14's and 16's there?

18's seems to be a strange age group with many U16's wanting to play up and some over age players also looking for a chance.
    Some U16's think they are capable of taking that leap (and some of them are good enough to be there)

Some of the overage players either know or think they aren't good enough for 1sts but still want to play and so are happy to go and be an overage player.

Planning to have a look at Warners Bay this weekend.

Merewether 14s - about 22, 16s about 28. So pretty happy.

Now trails are over any one got early predictions for next year? I'm expecting Warners Bay to be a lot stronger this year in 1st and 18's with most of Valentine going over there not to mention poaching Imogen from Merewether. Still expect Merewether to be strong especially if they replace the keeper with whom I've heard they are trying to secure. Adamstown at this stage should be strong they have boosted their ranks by signing up some W-league players that played for them 2-3 years ago.

Draft of the draw has also been released noticed that Wallsend and South Wallsend get to have their derby in the opening round again.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Now trails are over any one got early predictions for next year? I'm expecting Warners Bay to be a lot stronger this year in 1st and 18's with most of Valentine going over there not to mention poaching Imogen from Merewether. Still expect Merewether to be strong especially if they replace the keeper with whom I've heard they are trying to secure. Adamstown at this stage should be strong they have boosted their ranks by signing up some W-league players that played for them 2-3 years ago.

Draft of the draw has also been released noticed that Wallsend and South Wallsend get to have their derby in the opening round again.
    so who is this keeper that you speak of for merewether?

Virtually all the Valentine u18's have come to the Bay but only three Valentine first graders have come across,I am told a most of the Valentine First graders went to Wallsend, if that is the case Wallsend will be a lot stronger. It Looks like it is going to be a very competitive competition.

Sounds like Adamstown and Merewether will still be strong and the teams to beat. Wallsend will be a lot stronger, Warners Bay are stronger, Mid North Coast and Thornton I imagine will be about the same strength.

I haven't heard anything from South Wallsend other than the coach has gone to Wallsend. Do they still have the same team ? have they picked up or lost players ?

can only imagine that with the dropping out of valentine, there will be a bit of player movement. not sure we can declare favourites yet as it will probs take a couple of weeks when the season starts to get an idea of what each teams squads look like

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    can only imagine that with the dropping out of valentine, there will be a bit of player movement. not sure we can declare favourites yet as it will probs take a couple of weeks when the season starts to get an idea of what each teams squads look like
    I don't mind going out on a limb but at the end of the day I think I am playing pretty safe, after all Adamstown and Merewether have set the benchmark, particuarly Adamstown but lately Merewether as premiers and champions.

Who are the returning players for Adamstown ?

Come on chocolate soldier and others I am interested in hearing your early prediction.

so who is this keeper that you speak of for merewether?
    From what I've heard it's Sneddon, would be a direct swap, this was a week or two ago and have spoken to no one from Merewether about it since. May of course all be different, late_to_the_game would know more about it than me.

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Virtually all the Valentine u18's have come to the Bay but only three Valentine first graders have come across,I am told a most of the Valentine First graders went to Wallsend, if that is the case Wallsend will be a lot stronger. It Looks like it is going to be a very competitive competition.
    Interesting I thought Cass had a lot more 1st graders in her camp, knew the U18's were big fans of her. What three Valentine first graders are at Warners Bay? Cass Davies and?

I heard that Marc took half his South Wallsend girls to Wallsend so some from both would presumably not make it. Also understand he has taken the captaincy off Gawthorp (NNSW WPL Player of the year) and given it to one of the new girls as a way to secure her. Which probably pisses off the Wallsend girls that managed to stay around.

Sounds like Adamstown and Merewether will still be strong and the teams to beat. Wallsend will be a lot stronger, Warners Bay are stronger, Mid North Coast and Thornton I imagine will be about the same strength.
    No doubt they will be league leaders again at least at this stage and I do expect Warners Bay to also be there. They should've been up there last year they just didn't have the right coaching for most of the season. Looks like the remaining 4 teams will be battling for fourth.

I haven't heard anything from South Wallsend other than the coach has gone to Wallsend. Do they still have the same team ? have they picked up or lost players ?
    No idea, all I have heard is that Marc took about half the players with him to Wallsend.

Who are the returning players for Adamstown ?
    If you mean the ones I mentioned that would be Rhali Dobson who currently plays for the Jets And Libby Sharpe who performed quite well when my partner played with her a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure there is another one who was a quality player a couple years ago but her name escapes me.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 24-11-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Interesting I thought Cass had a lot more 1st graders in her camp, knew the U18's were big fans of her. What three Valentine first graders are at Warners Bay? Cass Davies and?

I heard that Marc took half his South Wallsend girls to Wallsend so some from both would presumably not make it. Also understand he has taken the captaincy off Gawthorp (NNSW WPL Player of the year) and given it to one of the new girls as a way to secure her. Which probably pisses off the Wallsend girls that managed to stay around.

No doubt they will be league leaders again at least at this stage and I do expect Warners Bay to also be there. They should've been up there last year they just didn't have the right coaching for most of the season. Looks like the remaining 4 teams will be battling for fourth.

No idea, all I have heard is that Marc took about half the players with him to Wallsend.
    so half of southy, half of valentine and the left over squad from wallsend..... somethings gotta give there

taking the captaincy off Gawthorp and giving it to a new player as a sweetener... that will go down like a lead balloon

Toria Campbell and Nadja Squires are the other two Valentine players. I was also told that Imogen wasn't poached, she approached the Bay because some of her friends left Merewether for Wallsend, it could be wrong but that is what I was told, I am sure Late to the game can confirm. If it's true and you add the Merewether girls into the mix with the Valentine players, existing Wallsend and South Wallsend players than Wallsend have had a lot of players to select from and seem to have strengthened the most.

so half of southy, half of valentine and the left over squad from wallsend..... somethings gotta give there
    Yeah so not sure where all have ended up

taking the captaincy off Gawthorp and giving it to a new player as a sweetener... that will go down like a lead balloon
    I would be looking elsewhere after that sort of loyalty shown.

Toria Campbell and Nadja Squires are the other two Valentine players. I was also told that Imogen wasn't poached, she approached the Bay because some of her friends left Merewether for Wallsend, it could be wrong but that is what I was told, I am sure Late to the game can confirm.
    Why would you leave for Warners Bay if your friends have gone to Wallsend?

If as many Merewether people have left as I have been told and not just on here then I rescind my prediction that Merewether is a definite top 3.

If it's true and you add the Merewether girls into the mix with the Valentine players, existing Wallsend and South Wallsend players than Wallsend have had a lot of players to select from and seem to have strengthened the most.
    Well they have had the opportunity to get the pick of some of the best players in the league be interesting to know where the rest went. Why did so many Merewether girls go to Wallsend after becoming Premiers and Grand Final Winners? Can't be because they wanted to follow Marc Hingston, they would've done that when he went to South Wallsend.

Long time listener, first time caller!

Hopefully with valentine leaving the league will boost the quality with one less team! Apparently wallsend have thrown the lure of free rego out, which always will attract attention! Word also was that all girls who played for wallsend last year were guaranteed a spot this year.... Between that not happening and the captaincy being taken could Marc hingston complete the hattrick of being sacked three times in three years? Only time will tell!

[QUOTE=Goatscheese;139068]Yeah so not sure where all have ended up

I would be looking elsewhere after that sort of loyalty shown.

Why would you leave for Warners Bay if your friends have gone to Wallsend?

They seem to have numerous players to choose from ,maybe Wallsend already have their keepers sorted. Interesting though I wonder where Wallsend are getting all their money from ?

If about six players have left South Wallsend for Wallsend, I am guessing that some Wallsend players would have probably gone to South Wallsend.

If about six players have left South Wallsend for Wallsend, I am guessing that some Wallsend players would have probably gone to South Wallsend.
    Possibly anyone from the Wolves want to confirm or deny?

They seem to have numerous players to choose from ,maybe Wallsend already have their keepers sorted. Interesting though I wonder where Wallsend are getting all their money from ?
    That still doesn't make sense though, regardless the story I was told was that Warners Bay spoke to her first not the other way around. Either they got a strong sponsor, or they are willing to lose some money this year to at least put up a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    LHopefully with valentine leaving the league will boost the quality with one less team! Apparently wallsend have thrown the lure of free rego out, which always will attract attention! Word also was that all girls who played for wallsend last year were guaranteed a spot this year.... Between that not happening and the captaincy being taken could Marc hingston complete the hattrick of being sacked three times in three years? Only time will tell!
    Yes I heard free rego too and Marc is also offering some girls free gym membership too, that's why at least two players left South Wallsend for Wallsend.

Possibly anyone from the Wolves want to confirm or deny?

That still doesn't make sense though, regardless the story I was told was that Warners Bay spoke to her first not the other way around. Either they got a strong sponsor, or they are willing to lose some money this year to at least put up a challenge.

Yes I heard free rego too and Marc is also offering some girls free gym membership too, that's why at least two players left South Wallsend for Wallsend.
    did he also throw in a set of steak knives???

did he also throw in a set of steak knives???
    Only for the first 10.

He does part own a gym so it was easy for him to give him that offer.

Some of the ex Valentine girls ended up going to South Wallsend. I am told Maddy Searle and Gemma Pearce are two of the players who have gone to South Wallsend.