Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Women's Premier League

Merewether vs Wallsend at Argenton tomorrow all 4 teams, 9, 10:30, 12 and 1:30.

Southy WPL 14s played Southy interdistrict 16s winning easily. Southy WPL 16s played Jaffas 15s NPL. Jaffas won 4-0, boys much quicker & stronger but was good hit out. Southy 18s vs Southy boys 18s (I think) girls down 2-0 when we left but were opportunistic goals... girls playing better football. Good luck to all the WPL teams this year...

First round done, no double digit scores (just) so that is a positive. Southy very strong in the young teams, not so much in first grade it seems. Adamstown just seem strong all over!

Valentine did not look as strong as expected in the younger age groups. Maybe first game nerves

Quote Originally Posted by justajogger View Post
    Valentine did not look as strong as expected in the younger age groups. Maybe first game nerves
    Valo lost a lot of their youguns to Warners Bay, weren't happy with the coaching so I been told. It's going to be a long season compared to last year for all the young ones and will be even longer for some given the first round scores, but we'll see.

Valo only lost two young guns to Warners Bay and Warners Bay lost two young guns to Valentine, the other three players were Warners Bay Juniors returning to Warners Bay.There is just as many if not more Warners Bay Juniors playing at Valentine. Also The Smith twins from Adamstown were Warners Bay juniors for six or seven years before heading to other clubs, some may say they are Adamstown players whilst others will say they are simply Warners Bay juniors returning to Warners Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Valo only lost two young guns to Warners Bay and Warners Bay lost two young guns to Valentine, the other three players were Warners Bay Juniors returning to Warners Bay.There is just as many if not more Warners Bay Juniors playing at Valentine. Also The Smith twins from Adamstown were Warners Bay juniors for six or seven years before heading to other clubs, some may say they are Adamstown players whilst others will say they are simply Warners Bay juniors returning to Warners Bay.
    Yes mate I realise that shoulda mentioned it as well sorry. Let's see how they all go a few rounds in

Merewether v South Wallsend
    14s 0-3
    16s 1-7
    18s 1-0
    First 2-1
    Anyone know any other results ?

Some interesting results in round 2. Adamstown sitting top 3 in all age groups. First Grade was a flogging. The younger age groups across WPL look a lot tighter this week. 14 Girls at Adamstown very unlucky to lose with 2 goals called offside that definitely weren't but that's football. Sounds like it was more exciting at the Warners Bay/Wallsend First Grade game. Red cards galore and some fisticuffs there I'm told!

I hope the alleged fighters are dealt with harshly. Hardly the image of the game we are trying to promote the younger girls into.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbler View Post
    Some interesting results in round 2. Adamstown sitting top 3 in all age groups. First Grade was a flogging. The younger age groups across WPL look a lot tighter this week. 14 Girls at Adamstown very unlucky to lose with 2 goals called offside that definitely weren't but that's football. Sounds like it was more exciting at the Warners Bay/Wallsend First Grade game. Red cards galore and some fisticuffs there I'm told!
    Must be looking at a different table.
    In the 16s it reads:

Newcastle football,
    Maquarie football,
    Hunter valley football

as the top three

Forgot, football mid north coast are 4th.....
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 23-03-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Must be looking at a different table.
    In the 16s it reads:

Newcastle football,
    Maquarie football,
    Hunter valley football

as the top three

Forgot, football mid north coast are 4th.....
    Dispute that... Macquarie Football play no significance in the formation of any the teams... none. MF haven't had any credible input to girls football for years. Former MF girls are spread everywhere incl Warners Bay, Valo, Wallsend, Southy, heck there's even one in your own team.

As for Newcastle and HV, those that fly together flock together. If the coaching and support are doing well, why wouldn't they stick together ?

South Wallsend WPL16's first 3 games... 10-0 vs Wallsend, 7-1 vs Merewether, 10-1 vs Valentine. Not bad for a rep team eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    South Wallsend WPL16's first 3 games... 10-0 vs Wallsend, 7-1 vs Merewether, 10-1 vs Valentine. Not bad for a rep team eh?
    They are a good team. Played against them last year in 16A comp as well.

First real cricket score today unfortunately. Valentine 14s had 18 goals scored against them....

First real cricket score today unfortunately. Valentine 14s had 18 goals scored against them....
    Valentine looked more like U12s team, lotsa littl'uns. Poor goalkeeper.
    Merewether 1 Thornton 0 in 16s game today well done.
    Merewether also top of table in 1st grade... do you know results of other games though ?

No, clubs a bit slow updating the sporting pulse web site.

No, clubs a bit slow updating the sporting pulse web site.
    I know adamstown v warners bay games 14s and 16s both draws, 1-1 and 0-0 respectively.

Based on what I have seen so far, Thornton to win 14s, Southy to win 16s. Pretty sure of the second one, sticking my neck out a bit on the first one!
    18s too difficult, depends on what senior players fill in.
    1st grade should be between Adamstown and Merewether.

Based on what I have seen so far, Thornton to win 14s, Southy to win 16s. Pretty sure of the second one, sticking my neck out a bit on the first one!
    18s too difficult, depends on what senior players fill in.
    1st grade should be between Adamstown and Merewether.
    Agree with all that except maybe 14s... you don't think Southy ?
    Southy play Thornton this weekend, see what happens there !