Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National yoof league 2014/15

Banned

National yoof league 2014/15

Draw is out. Will bring it to you when they actually fix all the faults with it.

Seems to be some **** up on the FFA sites as we play the same team twice in a couple of days at home??
    We also seem to all of a sudden have Monday games and one of them Kicks off at 3:30 am

Can't be right

Besides Magic park it appears some games at Weston??? I take it for the Asian Cup/upgrade

First home game is allegedly

Victory Yoof at Magic Park at 4pm on Saturday 18th October

Banned
    http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/results/y-league

Season Draw

The Monday issue has been sorted yet we still are playing Smurfs at home 2 days in a row

Interesting to see they have abolished min 30 minute rule for subs. I thought it was a good thing gives all or more players a fair go and opportunity.

Wow there's some pretty retarded fixtures there, will try and make most home games.

Afternoon games at Weston defuq

Coast game at gosford could be a goer, hit up Westfield tuggerah for a feed, shop and head over to the ground. Still much preferred pluim park as a ground. Will never forget that game of football at halftime.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Banned
    Sat 18 Oct 2014, 04:00PM - Magic Park
    V Victree Yoof

First NYL game of the season

Banned
    Todays game finished 3-3

Jets got an early lead when Finlayson went round the keeper and was hacked down outside the box with the ball rolling to Lundy who slotted in to the open net. Lucky for Victree as the keeper would have walked if the Jets hadn't scored

Jets on top and looking likely but somehow it was 1-1 after 20 mins
    Cheap turnover and quick release saw Nabbout away one on one with BK and he slotted home
    Rather ridiculous the score was at 1-1 as that was Victrees first attack

The Jets dominance looked like it would be not be rewarded but finally just before HT the scoreboard had some justice to it.
    Pavicevic slotted a penalty after a Victree defender was all over Finlayson from a Lundy cross

A couple of mins later and it was 3-1 when the ball was blasted home from the edge of the box by the No 10. Not sure f name as today was the first i had seen of him. Does have some good touches though

3-1 at HT and it was probably flattering Victree

About 8 mins into the second half and it was 3-2. BK was beaten from 30 yards. Well placed shot but FFS it should have been saved. BK just turned his head and watched like the bus had gone past. FFS Diving would help

Pretty even for the rest of the game with Jets not able to put Victree away and Victree pushing hard for an equaliser they barely deserved on the balance of play. Anyway the equaliser came with about 10 to go when the ball was played to a bloke free on the edge of the box who blasted across BK. Who once again failed to ****ING DIVE

If this was a HAL game the BK bashing Lynch mob would be on overdrive tonight and rightfully so.

Jets pushed hard but were not able to restre the parity on the scoreboard there dominance deserved.
    Finished 3-3

Lundy was impressive. Bloke is whipping in some real quality on his left foot crosses. Many a time he threatened to cut in on his natural right and went to the byline and whipped some balls in that were ****ing impressive with his left.

Reeece Pappas played CD and I am ****ed as to why. The bloke looks wasted in that position. Reminds me a lot of Ned Zelic.When playing CD everything just looks easy and looks like he should be put further up the park where he can be utilised better.

After FT there was a great ruckus. Some one in the crowd upset nabbout with some marks that nabbout found racially offensive. Nabbout was given him a gobful as he stormed into the shed. As walking out the Victree coach came to the fence and confronted some bloke and gave him a mighty spraying about racist remarks. Nabbout also came over and put his 20c in.

Never heard the original remark but the bloke in question replayed and apparently he said something along the lines of "GO THE DOGGIES"

Whether that is racist is argumentitive as it is just basically a stereotype that Lebanese Australians supprt the Bulldogs NRL side. regardless Nabbout was pretty unimpressed and I will be surprised if the fella in question is not in shit with FFA over it as the coach claimed he was making a report n the matter

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Whether that is racist is argumentitive as it is just basically a stereotype that Lebanese Australians supprt the Bulldogs NRL side.
    Big problem with that is that even though I wouldn't say it's a racist thing to say, racism is really determined by how much it offends people. Fact is I could say the 'n' word to a black guy and if he isn't offended by it then you really can't consider it racist because no one is offended, at least that's how I look at it.

Since Nabbout was as you put it, 'pretty unimpressed' I would say there is a good case to make for that guy being in shit off the FFA as a result. Shame for him because as you said it's just kind of a typical stereotype, I'd be suprised if we was actively trying to offend.

Off topic from that but why was BK in goals and Solari on the bench in Melbourne?

Todays game finished 3-3

Jets got an early lead when Finlayson went round the keeper and was hacked down outside the box with the ball rolling to Lundy who slotted in to the open net. Lucky for Victree as the keeper would have walked if the Jets hadn't scored

Jets on top and looking likely but somehow it was 1-1 after 20 mins
    Cheap turnover and quick release saw Nabbout away one on one with BK and he slotted home
    Rather ridiculous the score was at 1-1 as that was Victrees first attack

The Jets dominance looked like it would be not be rewarded but finally just before HT the scoreboard had some justice to it.
    Pavicevic slotted a penalty after a Victree defender was all over Finlayson from a Lundy cross

A couple of mins later and it was 3-1 when the ball was blasted home from the edge of the box by the No 10. Not sure f name as today was the first i had seen of him. Does have some good touches though

3-1 at HT and it was probably flattering Victree

About 8 mins into the second half and it was 3-2. BK was beaten from 30 yards. Well placed shot but FFS it should have been saved. BK just turned his head and watched like the bus had gone past. FFS Diving would help

Pretty even for the rest of the game with Jets not able to put Victree away and Victree pushing hard for an equaliser they barely deserved on the balance of play. Anyway the equaliser came with about 10 to go when the ball was played to a bloke free on the edge of the box who blasted across BK. Who once again failed to ****ING DIVE

If this was a HAL game the BK bashing Lynch mob would be on overdrive tonight and rightfully so.

Jets pushed hard but were not able to restre the parity on the scoreboard there dominance deserved.
    Finished 3-3

Lundy was impressive. Bloke is whipping in some real quality on his left foot crosses. Many a time he threatened to cut in on his natural right and went to the byline and whipped some balls in that were ****ing impressive with his left.

Reeece Pappas played CD and I am ****ed as to why. The bloke looks wasted in that position. Reminds me a lot of Ned Zelic.When playing CD everything just looks easy and looks like he should be put further up the park where he can be utilised better.

After FT there was a great ruckus. Some one in the crowd upset nabbout with some marks that nabbout found racially offensive. Nabbout was given him a gobful as he stormed into the shed. As walking out the Victree coach came to the fence and confronted some bloke and gave him a mighty spraying about racist remarks. Nabbout also came over and put his 20c in.

Never heard the original remark but the bloke in question replayed and apparently he said something along the lines of "GO THE DOGGIES"

Whether that is racist is argumentitive as it is just basically a stereotype that Lebanese Australians supprt the Bulldogs NRL side. regardless Nabbout was pretty unimpressed and I will be surprised if the fella in question is not in shit with FFA over it as the coach claimed he was making a report n the matter
    We seem to have a habit of fiddling around and "experimenting" with young players for some reason at the Jets. Hoole came to the Jets as an attacking midfielder or #10 from Magic and was played at RB when he came to the Jets Youth, for much of last year and so far this season he is back to his natural position. Pepper too is naturally a CM but for most of last season was tried to be converted to a RB. Now we have Pappas, one of our better young local products who has represented at national level as a CM but is being wasted at CB instead of being developed in his best position.....???

Ryan Ensor and Braedyn Crowley are new players. The number 10 could be one of them

Pretty sure the number 10 was Nicholas Olson.

Today's game jets 5 Ais 0 ht 1-0 Lundy 2 Pavecevic 1 Waller 1 Cooper 1

when can lundy get a go in the first team instead of carney?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    when can lundy get a go in the first team instead of carney?
    More interesting in Coops recovering so we can **** Roundabout off

Tonights result Jets youth 0 Bris roar 2

Today's result jets y 1 Ais 0 birraz in goals Gallaway CB.

Scorer? Standouts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Scorer? Standouts?
    Birraz bloke kept a clean sheet something BK hasn't done all season. Obviously back in form

Birraz bloke kept a clean sheet something BK hasn't done all season. Obviously back in form
    Very lucky to keep clean sheet, cut player down in the 18 penalty given shot sent wide no save required. Pretty scrappy game played 11am at Weston in the middle of summer hot conditions not sure who comes up with these bright ideas to schedule games in the middle of the day. Crowley the goal scorer, played a few of the younger players that are obviously work in progress not quite there yet. Papas came on 2nd half with a screamer of a shot off the post after great individual effort to get the ball forward changed the game.

Youth tomorrow at Aami park before main game at 4.30pm

Youth 2nil win against Wsw today.