Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2015 NPL Player Movements

Andrew packer

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Denis Faj to Maitland
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Denis Faj to Maitland
    I was surprised both the Faj's didn't go there once the club won promotion.

Yes Denis Faj to Maitland isn't that much of a suprise, pretty well known that both brothers are good mates with alot of the guys there.

[QUOTE=Imyourhero;116280]Yes Denis Faj to Maitland isn't that much of a suprise,

pretty well known that both brothers are
    good mates with alot of the guys there.[/
    QUOTE]
    so what if there good mates. All this move had to do with was that a young kid was picked ahead of denis last weekend in the ffa cup. Denis got the shits,so instead of fighting for his spot he gets a call from Maitland promising a starting spot and he takes the easy option and walks out. The sooner the professional organisation known as nnsw bring back contracts so players have to honour their agreements with clubs the better. Whilst I mention the professionalism of nnsw, does anyine else have an opinion on the amateur hour of their season launch. Each club is to send along 4 representatives,President,Secretary, Captain, coach. Now with nnsw putting all the pressure on clubs to lift their game and the competition being more professional every year you woild assume that this would be a black tie event with sponsors and media invited with a sit down meal at a wests or function room at the jets. But low and behold,nnsw are holding their seasin launch under marquis tents at lambton jaffas griund on the first game of the season probably serving pies and sausage sandwiches. What a great advertisement for this pub league . No disrespect to jaffas , but bring on the ****ing rain. Does anyone remember last year when it was held at Edgeworth and it rained cats and frogs. Even the clubs put on more professional season launches with sit down meals and guest speakers like David Lowe and Michael Cain. I know employees of nnsw get on here so I would love a response. Come on ELAND and NESBITT. Yhe two of you are always putting pressure on the clubs to lift their game ,how about we start from the top

Banned
    Ok now

Lets just say NNSW go put on this big spread over at Wests with fancy sit down meals and all the trimmings of a black tie event then the criticism would then surely be directed at them squandering money that could be used to fund the game reduce costs junior fees etc

Exactly why is a black tie affair needed to launch the comp anyway??

Because no player has ever decided to move clubs due to them not thinking they'll get enough game time at their current one.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Ok now

Lets just say NNSW go put on this big spread over at Wests with fancy sit down meals and all the trimmings of a black tie event then the criticism would then surely be directed at them squandering money that could be used to fund the game reduce costs junior fees etc

Exactly why is a black tie affair needed to launch the comp anyway??
    I agree with winner on this mfks. Maybe not to the extent of a "black tie" dinner but surely in this day of "national premier league" they can do something more professional than beer and skittles under tents at Arthur Edden oval don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    I agree with winner on this mfks. Maybe not to the extent of a "black tie" dinner but surely in this day of "national premier league" they can do something more professional than beer and skittles under tents at Arthur Edden oval don't you think?
    Couldn't agree more with you, Tucker's Daughter.

Black tie is a bit much, but I seem to remember seeing on NBN news every top level sports season launch. How do you launch a season during a game involving 2 clubs, who obviously can't attend. I remember not too long ago the launch happened at a Jets home game.

[QUOTE=winner;116287]
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Yes Denis Faj to Maitland isn't that much of a suprise,

pretty well known that both brothers are
    good mates with alot of the guys there.[/
    QUOTE]
    so what if there good mates. All this move had to do with was that a young kid was picked ahead of denis last weekend in the ffa cup. Denis got the shits,so instead of fighting for his spot he gets a call from Maitland promising a starting spot and he takes the easy option and walks out. The sooner the professional organisation known as nnsw bring back contracts so players have to honour their agreements with clubs the better. Whilst I mention the professionalism of nnsw, does anyine else have an opinion on the amateur hour of their season launch. Each club is to send along 4 representatives,President,Secretary, Captain, coach. Now with nnsw putting all the pressure on clubs to lift their game and the competition being more professional every year you woild assume that this would be a black tie event with sponsors and media invited with a sit down meal at a wests or function room at the jets. But low and behold,nnsw are holding their seasin launch under marquis tents at lambton jaffas griund on the first game of the season probably serving pies and sausage sandwiches. What a great advertisement for this pub league . No disrespect to jaffas , but bring on the ****ing rain. Does anyone remember last year when it was held at Edgeworth and it rained cats and frogs. Even the clubs put on more professional season launches with sit down meals and guest speakers like David Lowe and Michael Cain. I know employees of nnsw get on here so I would love a response. Come on ELAND and NESBITT. Yhe two of you are always putting pressure on the clubs to lift their game ,how about we start from the top
    not far above pub league and spending 1000 of rego $ elsewhere makes good sense

It was a good season and I am interested to hear of more player movements for the new season.