Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NPL Player Movements

Tannock to edgeworth.

Heard today Daniel Ireland to Hamilton olympic

Matt Thompson to the Maitland Magpies

Can someone with more knowledge then me do a up to date ins and outs, along with mention of the rumored signings?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    Matt Thompson to the Maitland Magpies
    That's a huge signing for the Maggies (and the NPL)...

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    That's a huge signing for the Maggies (and the NPL)...
    Wont take him long to get the shits

I was informed that Troy Hearfield has gone to Weston anyone know if it's true,I know he isn't at Azzuri this season.

Hearfield definitely @ Weston, along with James Monie and Joel Hardwick. Jye Mckellar, Mick Ryan and Connor Evans going outwards from the Bears

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Hearfield definitely @ Weston, along with James Monie and Joel Hardwick. Jye Mckellar, Mick Ryan and Connor Evans going outwards from the Bears

Bears will be strong

Getting all these egos to gel into a cohesive unit will be the challenge,some tried & tested sides might get a jump on them.Hope so!Gonna be a fascinating start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Getting all these egos to gel into a cohesive unit will be the challenge,some tried & tested sides might get a jump on them.Hope so!Gonna be a fascinating start to the season.
    Who has these big egos you mention Tonester

Having an affiliation with Azzuri allowed you to see the effect some of their big money players had on the rest of the side when things didn't go their way.It was due to the tight knittedness of the rest of the squad that pulled them through to the Finals.Don't get me wrong,I liked the guys but the us & them scenario had a negative effect.I hope Weston & Jaffas coaching staff can handle it.

Having an affiliation with Azzuri allowed you to see the effect some of their big money players had on the rest of the side when things didn't go their way.It was due to the tight knittedness of the rest of the squad that pulled them through to the Finals.Don't get me wrong,I liked the guys but the us & them scenario had a negative effect.I hope Weston & Jaffas coaching staff can handle it.
    Agree but there are other clubs in the same situation?

I would suggest any club that has high profile signings on bigger money than the clubs established first graders could have a problem if not handled properly.I know it was a problem at Azzuri which led to a well publicised walkout.I'm not putting all new signings in that category,time will tell.

I would suggest any club that has high profile signings on bigger money than the clubs established first graders could have a problem if not handled properly.I know it was a problem at Azzuri which led to a well publicised walkout.I'm not putting all new signings in that category,time will tell.
    well there is players out there that have names for them selfs about only being money chasers.. so if your club is stupid enough to sign them good luck.

Imagine how tense the situation could be at Maitland if a couple of players who played every game in their promotion run lost their spot to an imported player on big bucks.It could lead to some tension,maybe not.Like I said earlier we are in for an interesting start to the season.

Imagine how tense the situation could be at Maitland if a couple of players who played every game in their promotion run lost their spot to an imported player on big bucks.It could lead to some tension,maybe not.Like I said earlier we are in for an interesting start to the season.
    Maitland had a great team this year, but there were a few players that it seemed evident wouldn't be taken with them if/when they made the step up to NBN. I think a couple of them knew this, too.

Players being brought into teams, and competition for spots, is a common thing across all levels of football - and every club will have experienced a number of players coming in and out over their time. From the outside, it seems that Thomo (Reece, not Matt) has a pretty good relationship with all the boys in the club and I'm sure he'll handle it as best he can.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Maitland had a great team this year, but there were a foew players that it seemed evident wouldn't be taken with them if/when they made the step up to NBN. I think a couple of them knew this, too.

Players being brought into teams, and competition for spots, is a common thing across all levels of football - and every club will have experienced a number of players coming in and out over their time. From the outside, it seems that Thomo (Reece, not Matt) has a pretty good relationship with all the boys in the club and I'm sure he'll handle it as best he can.
    Why would thomo be handling it the best he can, isn't Chris Turner the coach up there

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Why would thomo be handling it the best he can, isn't Chris Turner the coach up there
    When he turns up to training