Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 Melbourne City Vs Newcastle Jets 19/10/14 k/off 3:00pm AEDST

was really impressed with montano.

How long is Celeski out for? If him and Pepper form a good partnership I could see us making the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    How long is Celeski out for? If him and Pepper form a good partnership I could see us making the finals.
    Pretty sure I read 6-7 weeks
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Pretty sure I read 6-8 weeks
    Fixed.

Montano was impressive, he is very neat on the ball and if he can get a little fitter he/we can do some damage..
    other than the goal miss caravella played tidy and composed,what we lacked in the first half. he will start over regan next week.
    griff was griff. if he dont score he will setup.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Pretty sure I read 6-7 weeks
    The commentary during the game said end of the month. Who really knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

When Regan went off did Pepper drop back into DM? Because surely Caravella wasn't playing there

Banned
    Did the Ear bashing Harper copped from our b ay when doing the pre match preview in front of us come through on the telecast??

Zappers and the crew were pissing themselves laughing as Harper copped a roasting

"Hey Andy tell the viewers about how you missed those penalties"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    When Regan went off did Pepper drop back into DM? Because surely Caravella wasn't playing there
    So whats your point. Caravella was more comfortable all the ball than regan was, regardless where he played.
    it should only be 1 of the 2 regan or pepper on the park in the mid position.. and at the moment pepper is doing a better job. caravella should be playing the other spot until celeski is back and then look at options from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Did the Ear bashing Harper copped from our b ay when doing the pre match preview in front of us come through on the telecast??

Zappers and the crew were pissing themselves laughing as Harper copped a roasting

"Hey Andy tell the viewers about how you missed those penalties"
    didn't hear what the crowd was calling, but they did mention the "andy harper fan club"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The commentary during the game said end of the month. Who really knows
    Yeah the commentary said the jets were expecting to have everyone back training by the end of this month.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    So whats your point. Caravella was more comfortable all the ball than regan was, regardless where he played.
    it should only be 1 of the 2 regan or pepper on the park in the mid position.. and at the moment pepper is doing a better job. caravella should be playing the other spot until celeski is back and then look at options from there.
    I think his point is that they are two different roles regardless of being the same position.

IMO, Regan wasn't as bad as I imagined he was going to be (didn't see last week). He does the simple stuff that Kanta SHOULD be doing instead of trying his hollywood passes to nobody/opposition.

regan is really impressing me in mid. Jobe 2.0. just gets stuck in, does what he needs to do and covers well.

God I miss Jobe
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    regan is really impressing me in mid. Jobe 2.0. just gets stuck in, does what he needs to do and covers well.
    Both Regan and Pepper are impressing me. Both have really stepped up which is great. Once Caravella came on though, I think we looked to be a better team. Big call for Stubbins next week to decide which one goes to the bench as they have all put a pretty good case forward to start.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Defensively he will always go good in that aspect.

What though does concern me is far to often the ball ends up at his feet and he needs to play the first pass to start an attack. This area is not his strongest suit.

On another note how ****ing good is Pepper looking in CM??
    If only GVE hadn't of wasted 2 years trying to turn him into a fullback

Some things that did impress me was the resolve of the side. We didn't have the best game in a scintillating performance but gritted our teeth and soldiered on and took a lead and if we hadn't of butchered a couple of chances we win the game.

That is exactly how we need to play on the road. Keep it tight sit and absorb then push forward and hammer on the counter. It is only early days but the signs are we are turning some type of corner.

Also we seem to have more and more blokes buying into the Newy thing. Griff is schooling the blokes well. Directs Montana to the away bay after scoring. Gives the away support a round of applause when getting subbed off.

Steele although frustrating some of you blokes with his touches actually does look like he gives a **** and wants to be here emphasised by the fist pumps to the crowd and enthusiasm he is trying to generate. Marcos also seems to get what Newy is

The team effort to get their arses over to the away bay quickly and thank their fans was also good.
    It actually felt real and had genuine two way meaning and not like they were going through the motions.

Promising Signs

Loved the match, was enjoyable. Newcastle proving that they still need to have more than a 1 goal lead to win matches though. I predicted less than 27 points total for the season, if we can continue to improve and not play any worse than we did against the Gypos, we'll be good for maybe 10 more points.
    #forever7th

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Defensively he will always go good in that aspect.

What though does concern me is far to often the ball ends up at his feet and he needs to play the first pass to start an attack. This area is not his strongest suit.

On another note how ****ing good is Pepper looking in CM??
    If only GVE hadn't of wasted 2 years trying to turn him into a fullback

Some things that did impress me was the resolve of the side. We didn't have the best game in a scintillating performance but gritted our teeth and soldiered on and took a lead and if we hadn't of butchered a couple of chances we win the game.

That is exactly how we need to play on the road. Keep it tight sit and absorb then push forward and hammer on the counter. It is only early days but the signs are we are turning some type of corner.

Also we seem to have more and more blokes buying into the Newy thing. Griff is schooling the blokes well. Directs Montana to the away bay after scoring. Gives the away support a round of applause when getting subbed off.

Steele although frustrating some of you blokes with his touches actually does look like he gives a **** and wants to be here emphasised by the fist pumps to the crowd and enthusiasm he is trying to generate. Marcos also seems to get what Newy is

The team effort to get their arses over to the away bay quickly and thank their fans was also good.
    It actually felt real and had genuine two way meaning and not like they were going through the motions.

Promising Signs
    Good to hear they got over to see the fans again. Last week they walked over to clap and i noticed Kew actually signaled for all player to get right over to the fans at the fence.
    It goes a long way in bonding a team with its fans and with that can bring some kind of togetherness that has been missing for a while now.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Good to hear they got over to see the fans again. Last week they walked over to clap and i noticed Kew actually signaled for all player to get right over to the fans at the fence.
    It goes a long way in bonding a team with its fans and with that can bring some kind of togetherness that has been missing for a while now.
    That really is something we have missed for a long time. You watch other teams score and the players are straight into the fence. We always seem to hang back, if thats changing then thats another promising sign and will go along way to having the fans connect with the players on the pitch.

How good is it to have someone on the wing who can actually cross, I love it.

Steele put in a couple of decent crosses, first that comes to memory is what seemed too floating to Jeronimo that turned into Caravella's sitter.

And Griff with the assist for the goal - phwoar.
    OK