Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: This weather

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah, I understand that. Why should we do it if China, India etc aren't going to change and do more damage than us anyway But that's on us for not being willing to pay extra to have something made in a more ethical country. Capitalism baby!
    Agreed.
    We can't even get people to give up their sneakers for a more ethical existence.

So their jobs, and cold beers? Yeah good luck with all that.

Superdylan still got the pool?

i do get a giggle that when a bloke like Kerry Stokes comments on climate change the response is always "IM SORRY DOES HE HAVE A SCIENCE DEGREE OR IS HE JUST A MEDIA MOGUL??????"

Then when Bob Brown (a medical doctor) says something about the environment its like "DRAG EM BOB YOU DA MAN **** ALL DEM HATERZ".
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Home owners are allowed to clear the area around their homes in Australia.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/plan-and-...ation-clearing
    10metres and 50 metres

Yeah that great

You realise how fast fire moves and how it pays attention to these bureaucrats dumb ideas??

Here is one for you

How come rice farming peasents in SE Asia can burn the countryside to the ground in the peak of 45C summer days there and not have no fire brigade on standby and they don't burn their houses down

Says something about us Skips that we fail so bad

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    you're asking why a rice paddy doesn't burn out of control when the Australian bush, which has been managed with fire for so long it has numerous adaptations to regular burns, does?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    you're asking why a rice paddy doesn't burn out of control when the Australian bush, which has been managed with fire for so long it has numerous adaptations to regular burns, does?
    What makes you think the entire country is rice paddies??

Go to certain parts of it and it more of less bushland and scrub very much the same as you would find here

Boss of RFS said that policy had zero effects on the amount of back burning these last few years. Conditions have been too dry and dangerous to safely back burn.
    The reason why conditions have gotten so bad is fairly simple to understand for most.
    Not to mention the LNP has been busy cutting millions from the National Parks and Wildlife Service. Interesting reading after Barnaby, Barilaro and McCormack both decided this week that it's all the greenies fault.

The Public Service Association has also attacked the NSW government for what it said was a “35% cut to fire-trained positions” in national parks.Its acting general secretary, Troy Wright, said on Tuesday: “It is the Nationals who hold the purse string. Rather than funding the NPWS properly so that they can undertake strategic reductions they have crippled them with massive budget cuts and devastating restructures.”
    The NSW environment minister, Matt Kean, told Guardian Australia that NPWS had 1,665 full time equivalent staff, a rise of 144 since 2017. Since 2011, Kean said the NSW government had increased the number of NPWS firefighters from 1,050 to 1,226.
    Some 400 NPWS staff were out fighting fires. He says: “They are risking their lives to keep the community safe. Many are fighting fires that are not on park, but to protect people and property.”
    He says NPWS undertakes 75% of all hazard reduction in the state, adding that last season, NPWS undertook 137,500 hectares of prescribed burns, which was above its target of 135,000 hectares.https://psa.asn.au/factcheck-is-ther...dian-12-11-19/
    And now coming out that the govt are deliberately misleading when it comes to the numbers they're quoting.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/c...14-p53aou.html
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...5caaf44ef73ac1

But hey, lets blame the Greens, who don't hold govt or set policy and legislation.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

more money doesnt equate to better outcomes.
    it never has it never will.

its a collective failure of policy, administration, environmental factors, and the bastards and idiots that light the damn things.

politicians of all persuasions have a hand in this. i dont trust any of them to do the right thing about any of it though.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Commies blaming politicians for the weather, classy.

And how do you further legislate for unforeseen circumstances? Innercity lunatics are also in the suburbs

Police allege 16-year-old lit Queensland blaze that razed 14 homes, after body found in bushland near Kempsey on the NSW mid-north coast
    so considering hes not old enough to vote who do we associate him with?

Prob Trump right? this is def Trumps fault.

Police say the 16-year-old boy has not been charged with arson, but will be dealt with under the state’s Youth Justice Act.
    oh good, surely justice will prevail......
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Commies blaming politicians for the weather, classy.

And how do you further legislate for unforeseen circumstances? Innercity lunatics are also in the suburbs
    Hope you arent directing this at me.
    Politicians arent to blame for the weather, but they are directly to blame for cutting millions from the budget of the department in charge of bushfire hazard reduction and the front line staff (ie rangers with fire experience) who carry it out.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Politicians arent to blame for the weather, but they are directly to blame for cutting millions from the budget of the department in charge of bushfire hazard reduction and the front line staff (ie rangers with fire experience) who carry it out.
    So how much money did this decision cost?

A 'ludicrous' new rule requiring volunteer firefighters to receive a work-with-children check could see thousands of them banned from battling blazes.

Queensland volunteers will be required to lodge a Blue Card application before December 1. or they will not be able to continue helping battle fires.

This new rule could see 15,000 volunteers banned from fighting fires from January 1 if they failed to apply for work-with-children checks.

Deadly fires have been burning throughout Queensland and New South Wales for more than a week resulting in four deaths.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Deputy Commissioner, John Bolger, recently broke the news to volunteers.

'Any QFES volunteer who is required to have a Blue Card, but refuses to apply for one, or is unable to hold a current Blue Card, will not be able to continue their role,' Mr Bolger said.

'As a member of the Rural Fire Service, you are likely to come into contact with children while performing your role, so are required to have a Blue Card. It is the law.'

Volunteers from NSW or Victoria do not need similar credentials.
    lets hope the fire in QLD jumps over the border so those potential pedo fireys from NSW can put it out.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So how much money did this decision cost?

lets hope the fire in QLD jumps over the border so those potential pedo fireys from NSW can put it out.
    WWCC are easy to get. Anyone that refuses to get one has something to hide

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    WWCC are easy to get. Anyone that refuses to get one has something to hide
    good job missing the point there.

Mr Furns was laying some blame for these fres at the feet of LNP budget cuts.
    yet here we have regulations standing in the way of people helping fight fires that didnt cost a cent to introduce.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Anyone that refuses to get one has something to hide
    also, this comment is Member levels of both stupidity and trolling.
    good job.
    Seems like I am WRONG

good job missing the point there.

Mr Furns was laying some blame for these fres at the feet of LNP budget cuts.
    yet here we have regulations standing in the way of people helping fight fires that didnt cost a cent to introduce.
    I'm confused with your point here plague. Getting a WWCC takes all of 5 mins so anyone who falls foul of that policy is either too dumb to submit a simple form or has probably done something that they need to hide.
    Are you saying that the government wanting this simple check done is a bad thing? Or have I missed some other point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'm confused with your point here plague. Getting a WWCC takes all of 5 mins so anyone who falls foul of that policy is either too dumb to submit a simple form or has probably done something that they need to hide.
    Are you saying that the government wanting this simple check done is a bad thing? Or have I missed some other point?
    yes you've missed something.

id love all people in that sphere to have the necessary checks. But Mr Furns singled out govt financial cutbacks in one section of the problem as the issue.
    all im saying is that you dont need to bring it back to money to find the real root of the problem. its the politicians, and their interest groups, of all persuasions, on all sides that just make life about 400,000* times harder than it should be.

*random estimated number, but you get the drift.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yes you've missed something.

id love all people in that sphere to have the necessary checks. But Mr Furns singled out govt financial cutbacks in one section of the problem as the issue.
    all im saying is that you dont need to bring it back to money to find the real root of the problem. its the politicians, and their interest groups, of all persuasions, on all sides that just make life about 400,000* times harder than it should be.

*random estimated number, but you get the drift.
    You've pointed it out though Plague, I said "one part of the problem"
    I didnt discount your point as another part of the overall issue. I did say that the money cuts and the restructure were a major part of the problem, but not that there weren't other contributing factors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    You've pointed it out though Plague, I said "one part of the problem"
    I didnt discount your point as another part of the overall issue. I did say that the money cuts and the restructure were a major part of the problem, but not that there weren't other contributing factors as well.
    totally agree, and this is why we are still best friends.
    Seems like I am WRONG

whoa whoa whoa.

sorry everyone, but we have found the real cause of the bushfires. I take back everything ive said, and suggest you all do too.

Thanks again to Izzy Folau for pointing out the obvious..........

'They've legalised same-sex marriage... Going against the laws that God says,' he said in footage posted to The Truth of Jesus Christ Church's Facebook page.
    'Abortion – it's OK now to murder and kill infants, unborn children - and they deem that to be OK.

'Look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things they've come in a short period of time – you think it's a coincidence?'

Folau told worshippers 'God was speaking' to Australia and said: 'You need to repent.'

i sooooooohope this is taken in context, but even if its not, **** him and his bullshit.
    Seems like I am WRONG